Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I know this shutdown has been hard on a lot of people. What are you doing to make money and get by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Personally, I've started cooking meals for people in my building

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I live in a Scandinavian country so I'm simply living on 80% of my regular pay before I got fired.

Unions are cool

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I work in the travel vertical and just got laid off yesterday with half of our entire staff

If anyone needs an analyst in SF hmu

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
sucking dick but now I wear one of those umbrella hats in case they sneeze or cough while I'm gobblin hog

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
don't act like a child hustling here or there, just wait patiently for your death

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I work in the travel vertical and just got laid off yesterday with half of our entire staff

If anyone needs an analyst in SF hmu

What's a travel vertical? Is that like flying?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JK Fresco posted:

What's a travel vertical? Is that like flying?

It's a fancy word for trampoline salesperson.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm earning a lot of bells from fishing, but the big money is in the stalk market

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mining.

See that? It's mine now.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

work is same. always worked from home. actualy i have a ton of work rn.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I blackmailed my work into laying me off on March 10

Highly recommended

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Spinz posted:

I blackmailed my work into laying me off on March 10

Highly recommended

i need the moneys

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm planning to take some selfies in a gasmask and find a postapocalyptic dates

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I have a variety of "Essential" and "Non-Essential" shirts up on Red Bubble

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Once everyone here has posted some extremely interesting photos of their own feet in exotic situations and curious attire I'll really be able to share my plans with you as to how to keep yourself afloat in these dark times.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm planning to take some selfies in a gasmask and find a postapocalyptic dates

Just make sure you actually have filters, or else you're gonna be That Guy from the meme

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

I just keep checking the Florida unemployment website first hoping it actually loads, and then hoping it says something other than "Pending" and "$0".

If it doesn't change soon, I hope there's a market for fat hairy guys jerking off on webcam.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

JK Fresco posted:

Just make sure you actually have filters, or else you're gonna be That Guy from the meme

Who needs filters I'm just gonna stick the extended hose up my rear end and huff my own farts

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mostly petty theft and fraud for now. Might have a baby and sell it if things start to get really bad.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shroomie posted:

If it doesn't change soon, I hope there's a market for fat hairy guys jerking off on webcam.

Why, have you been stocking up on them or are you just heavily invested?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shroomie posted:

Usually you gotta work in some weird kink, like a bad dragon ovipositor and a lot of crying.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Call it covidpositor and cry about virus eggs, got it

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

i don't need a hustle, i work for the feds and telework wasn't set up for me before the building got shut down so i get paid to sit at home :smug:

e: i guess what i'm saying is the best hustle is to get the right prep so you don't need a hustle in bad times

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Got another 2 weeks at full pay not working and then the company will make a decision based on government guidance and whether they can set me up to work from home

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Really hoping I'm home with full pay for another 9 weeks lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Work at the BJ factory will continue as long as morale lasts. And then they'll send a surly man to your house to make some holes in a wall so you can wfh

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I'm just licking doorknobs, trying as hard as I can to get covid so I can either die (plan A) or get over it and become immune so I can go back to work (plan B).

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Computer toucher here so I get to work remotely and by work I mean drink and jerk off

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Computer toucher here so I get to work remotely and by work I mean drink and jerk off

same, I’m a computer toucher who works for local government, and right now i’m pretty loving glad of it, because the whole loving economy’s falling apart.

blackgreywhite
Apr 7, 2019

and pink.
I occasionally field emails from amateur photographers by telling them they know gently caress all and to get a real job.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Someone posted a bunch of these on twitter the other day

Crazy stuff like Start a Basketball league

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I wrap myself in cling wrap and cut up bodies for some chinese guys in a refrigerated storage unit.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sucrose posted:

same, I’m a computer toucher who works for local government, and right now i’m pretty loving glad of it, because the whole loving economy’s falling apart.

Please save some money. State and local governments are going to get killed from tax revenue drops. You're probably safe near term but all it takes is one idiot financial analyst to suggest contracting out the labor.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Wife got laid off today. Guess I'll go back to hooking.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Rivethead posted:

Wife got laid off today. Guess I'll go back to hooking.

If she's in US you may be in luck
?

Those of you who made more than 8 or 900 a week

Must have been nice is all I gots to say

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

everyone start growing weed

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

poverty goat posted:

everyone start growing weed