Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, he was healthy the entire year last year. I figured he must have been hurt at some point, but no.

Played 24 snaps in the super bowl and I don't remember any of them.

Solly's production and contribution would be a win from a fifth-round pick. But as a first-rounder, he's such a bust. Every year we hear about how the Niners will finally be able to use him right, but this time they were correct. Using him right meant making him a second-string player. 2.0 sacks, 6 QB hits, with one of those sacks and 2 of those hits from when the 49ers boatraced And*y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Solomon Thomas has been a huge bust but there are still fans deluding themselves into thinking he'll put it together to reach his first-round potential.

E: Beaten.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flikken posted:

He used to be good

He was good when flanked by the best CB tandem in the NFL

Texans cut him so they could start Eric Murray which is probably more an indictment of BOB than Gipson tbf

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spoeank posted:

Solly's production and contribution would be a win from a fifth-round pick. But as a first-rounder, he's such a bust. Every year we hear about how the Niners will finally be able to use him right, but this time they were correct. Using him right meant making him a second-string player. 2.0 sacks, 6 QB hits, with one of those sacks and 2 of those hits from when the 49ers boatraced And*y

So he's the 2010s AJ Hawk.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Now there's a name I haven't thought about in a long time

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Made 34 million bucks off his rookie deal, '00s high draft picks were blessed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Thinking about that Ryan Leaf 1998 game vs the Chiefs.

Wondering if there's ever been a worse QB performance

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

That Which Squeaks posted:

Made 34 million bucks off his rookie deal, '00s high draft picks were blessed.

Sam Bradford smiles.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

a neat cape posted:

JaMarcus must have had a worse game

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

That Peterman game where he threw 5 picks in the first half.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How did draft pick salaries get so inflated to begin with? I would think a draft pick would have little room to negotiate compared to a regular free agent, or were the rules different at the time?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Seven interceptions by Ty Detmer against the Browns.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

a neat cape posted:

Tommy Maddox in 2005

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That Peterman game where he threw 5 picks in the first half.

This is the closest one. It still wasn't worse.

2005 Maddox and any JaMarcus game destroys Leaf at KC

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
For those who don’t know or didn’t look it up, Ryan Leaf completed his first pass for 4 yards. He did not complete another.

1-15 for 4 yards, 2 INT, 2 sacks, and I think 2 fumbles lost.

It’s up there on the list...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Was that the game where afterwards he went on his famous lockeroom rant?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

For those who don’t know or didn’t look it up, Ryan Leaf completed his first pass for 4 yards. He did not complete another.

1-15 for 4 yards, 2 INT, 2 sacks, and I think 2 fumbles lost.

It’s up there on the list...

This also prompted his giant meltdown on a reporter in the locker room where Seau had to walk in and yank him out.

It was week 3 of his rookie year. It was his first loss.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

This also prompted his giant meltdown on a reporter in the locker room where Seau had to walk in and yank him out.

Funniest thing looking back is Natrone Means kinda went off that game. 165 yards on 22 carries. But Leaf just could not do a single thing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Was it Means that SA has the weird grudge against or am I thinking of Humphries

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kerry Collins, 2009, Titans 0-59 @ Pats: 2-12 for -7 yards, 1 INT; 3 rushes for a total of -1 yard; 2 fumbles

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 1, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Kerry Collins, 2009, Titans 0-59 @ Pats: 2-12 for -7 yards, 1 INT; 3 rushes for a total of -1 yard; 2 fumbles

Ha, had a long completion of 15 yards so I question whether Nate Washington is part of the problem here with his one catch of -22 yards.

Also just going to assume Jeff Fisher was at fault.

Oh man this was the year Vince Young saved Jeff Fisher's job after he absolutely refused to play him while Kerry Collins was awful wasn't it? Seems like a damned dream considering Vince's NFL career.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dan Pastorini had a game where he threw 5 picks on 15 attempts

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Even with all that I guess The Ryan Lindley Playoff Game will be the one that stays with me long after I'm gone

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

If you or anyone else haven’t seen it, the E:60 special on him is really good.

Grittybeard posted:

Funniest thing looking back is Natrone Means kinda went off that game. 165 yards on 22 carries. But Leaf just could not do a single thing.

One of those was a 72-yard TD when they were already down 23-0, and their next drive had 3 carries for 3 yards. Natrone Means Business was cool, but his numbers for the rest of game weren’t earth shattering either.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Has there ever been a worse collective QB performance than this game?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212020nyj.htm

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Intruder posted:

Oh my, yes.

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2010101001

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:eyepop:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That one is seared into the back of my eyeballs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

That one is pretty special...

Using the Bears (Even with 2nd and 3rd string guys) vs Jimmy Clausen feels almost like cheating.

Also isn’t there a Derek Anderson game where he went like 2-17? And I know there’s a Jets-Bills game from the 70’s that had like 2 completed passes and OJ running a billion times.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Vince Young is the greatest qb of all time and he would have destroyed lamar and mahomes this year

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Metapod posted:

Vince Young is the greatest qb of all time and he would have destroyed lamar and mahomes this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
It's May.