Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

ulvir posted:

the “complete” Passagenwerk by Walter Benjamin

in the coming years i anticipate an “architecture of contagion” for which Passagenwerk will be an indispensable guide to the politicization of space,distance, and aesthetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
that being said, the next book should be “the innocence of father brown”

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Idaholy Roller posted:

This question may show me up as the total philistine that I am, but for someone who is not very good at reading what’s the best way to read the Decameron? Is it to go for certain stories or what? I had a go but struggled to get into it from the start. Was a try to even get to the story part. I accept this is definitely my problem rather than anything with the text, but any help would be appreciated.

the first few pages of the introduction with the mea culpas and so on can be a struggle, but after that and you get into the framing story proper it's very interesting, especially when you compare it to journal of the plague year 400ish years later and see the same sort of patterns repeat themselves (but i acknowledge that might be my specific damage).

but yeah it's made up of short individual stories feel free to skip around to ones that interest you/bail on ones you aren't clicking with