Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

can someone mark someone else today then so Toal can do something useful tn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sandwolf posted:

can someone mark someone else today then so Toal can do something useful tn

:bustem:

Preferably bif, yami, infi, mucche, hal or something since I know people will want my opinion. I think there is a lot of evidence pointing to sandwolf being town and I will be unhappy if you mark him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I think there is a lot of evidence pointing to sandwolf being town and I will be unhappy if you mark him.

Like what?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Like what?

BP bodyguard in this setup? Nahh. I just am not feeling it.

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually with RF at -3 that is getting uncomfortably close now, better play it safe

:siren: Hey folks, important message here :siren:

I am an eccocop and got a goddamn clean sweep last night. Circl, ilmucche, and Hal are ALL TOWN.

Actually with this ecco cop, if you're telling the truth, it seems to indicate that Yami would be scum marker. Unless circle is using scum team mark and secretly godfather. Circle doesnt peg me as a god father though.

Yami Fenrir posted:

##mark Retro Futurist

The only one I can come up with as a potential mark would be Kashuno anyway.

Partly because I'm starting to get suspicious of them because of all the pro-town roles that AREN'T negatively affected, partly because it'd be funny.

So let's just test if this actually does a thing.

Yami also pointlessly doublemarks RF before knowing if we can do anything with a double mark and before asking thread what to do with public mark. Seems anti town.

Yami has been off the mark on me, and also RF. If my gut is right about sandwolf Yami is also heavily casing claimed town doctor and town bodyguard.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I just want to point out again that a godfather still seems odd to me vs an eccocop. Since if I'd got two scum in my group, that would make the godfather role useless. That seems pretty lovely compared to say, the ninja which has obvious usefulness vs a flipped town watcher and a presumed town tracker.

It's obviously still a possibility we shouldn't rule out, but I think it's a lot shakier and it seems scummy to me to go after that possibility first. Coming from Sandwolf it sounded especially scummy, like he was glad someone else brought it up first so he has an excuse now to vote for culling down the people in this list.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

people who reflexively consider things like miller and godfather always confuse me, but it's a valid point bif, unless you really think there are no checks on your power

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

we haven't even seen any roleblocks or jailing, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

people who reflexively consider things like miller and godfather always confuse me, but it's a valid point bif, unless you really think there are no checks on your power

I figured the oneshot already made it pretty limited. I sure wasn't expecting that group to come up all clear. This would have been even more unlikely if we hadn't started the game with the first two deaths both being scum.

Sandwolf posted:

we haven't even seen any roleblocks or jailing, right?

Kash's role sounded pretty much like a jail

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Kash's role sounded pretty much like a jail

Well, for incoming stuff only though

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oh it was a 1-shot ecco cop? alright, that makes me more likely to agree with you bif

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

boogie why you voting Infi?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

boogie why you voting Infi?

three decently powerful protective roles seems like a lot in a setup of this size, and at the moment i trust you more than i trust infi

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

do we have any of Inf's night targets?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##mark Infinitum

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

do we have any of Inf's night targets?

he claimed to have protected kash n1, and i think bif n2?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

##mark Infinitum

Donka :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dmboogie posted:

he claimed to have protected kash n1, and i think bif n2?

yeah I went through his posting history and I don't think I explicitly saw him mention who it was D1 but it seems to be Kash? but then there's this really weird series of posts:

Infinitum posted:

I'm literally just awake due to dickhead neighbour revving the poo poo out of his muscle car and waking me up

I was cool with an RF vote last night

Unlikely to vote Kash. Haven't read thread since bed

Infinitum posted:

(in response to Kash's claim)
Yo, how many protective roles does this game have...

Infinitum posted:

Yo.
I'm sleepy, and apparently some of you need to chill
##vote Kash

which doesn't make any loving sense to me. Especially because he seems to accept my claim pretty passively?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

man that vote was hammer, too

##vote Inf explain those three posts in a row, bro

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Inf's original blind acceptance of Sandwolf's ckaim is the scummiest thing about him, yeah

But I did get a strong town vibe from him when he showed up late D1 to help lunch Hum. And Moat actually seeing him visit Kash N1 suggests he was doing something that wasn't an NK.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

there are two non-town alignments so far and he could have been a poisoner for all we know, maybe that’s exactly what he was hammering to prevent happening

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Inf's original blind acceptance of Sandwolf's ckaim is the scummiest thing about him, yeah

But I did get a strong town vibe from him when he showed up late D1 to help lunch Hum. And Moat actually seeing him visit Kash N1 suggests he was doing something that wasn't an NK.

Yeah and like it cant be anything other than cop, rolecop or whatever.

I think yami is the best bet today. ##vote Yami re poor use of marks, if circle is cleared last marker, and bad cases on mostly town I think.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bif what do you think about those EOD posts from Infi if he docced Kash?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Bif what do you think about those EOD posts from Infi if he docced Kash?

I'm just clocking in at work now so I am gonna be super busy catching up from the long weekend but I will unvote until I get a proper chance to look things over some more

##unvote

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

there are two scum teams and he could be like a scum rolecop

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Infinitum (2): dmboogie, Sandwolf
ilmucche (1): Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (1): Toalpaz
Sandwolf (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, CirclMastr, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, Infinitum

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Yami Fenrir was MARKED night two!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
last votecount didn't have the accurate mark count, my apologies

Votecount for Day 3

Infinitum (2): dmboogie, Sandwolf
ilmucche (1): Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (1): Toalpaz
Sandwolf (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, CirclMastr, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, Infinitum

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Yami Fenrir was MARKED night two!

Infinitum was MARKED day three!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah and like it cant be anything other than cop, rolecop or whatever.

I think yami is the best bet today. ##vote Yami re poor use of marks, if circle is cleared last marker, and bad cases on mostly town I think.

Yes it's not like i adequately explained why i did it or anything

Also it was fairly obvious using multiple marks did something by the fact that a) you can do it and b) boogie was constantly yelling do it

You're just tunneling because of your emotions right now toal

Also i'm gonna try to replace out, sorry y'all

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Since marks dont seem to stop town abilities other than kash's who is dead i am considering marking bif

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think you should mark bif, I am down with that.

Sorry you're replacing out. I'm not currently feeling any strong emotions with regards to you Yami. Sorry I poisoned your experience of this game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It would be interesting if you can mention why Mucche over someone like Hal if you dont believe bif's cop.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hold on so we have nine people alive

Bif: 1-shot weird cop
toal: tracker
me: three-mark vig
inf: "doctor"
sandwolf: 1-shot bulletproof bodyguard
circl: daymarker
yami's slot: daymarker

that's 7/9ths of the game claimed already. should we get claims from ilmucche and Hal just to round everything out?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

dmboogie posted:

hold on so we have nine people alive

Bif: 1-shot weird cop
toal: tracker
me: three-mark vig
inf: "doctor"
sandwolf: 1-shot bulletproof bodyguard
circl: daymarker
yami's slot: daymarker

that's 7/9ths of the game claimed already. should we get claims from ilmucche and Hal just to round everything out?

I think that couldn't hurt, yeah. Especially if you want to try and suss out who's the most likely godfather of the three.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Euuuugh you around, Inf?

Today absolutely sucked at work trying to catch up from the weekend, and my brain has melted into goo. Could you just maybe post some stuff about why you are town and who you think is scum while I'm trying to go reread like I need to, and maybe that'll help kickstart my brain back into gear

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sure, I am roleblocker who can only block people with 2+ marks.

I blocked RF last night since he was the only person marked twice and also he would have been a good pick to do the kill for a scum team if he was on one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm around, I'm just having a bit of a beard stroke while doing a reread as my 2 biggest suspects Moat+RF have flipped town.

I agree with the need for full claims at this point.

And for the record my actions have been:
- N1 protect Kash
- N2 protect Bif

There are bits and pieces I don't like about most peoples play, for example I doc'd you as you claimed Eccocop and then came out and stated it was a 1 shot.
I also inherently don't like the number of Markers roles in the game combined with the Smokescreen ability from Kash, as I believe this to be an excellent way for scum to mark their scumbuds.

I still also question the number of protective roles in this game. I know I'm the Doctor, and we know Kash's flip.
I don't see how a Bodyguard factors in.

My current line of :thunk:ing on Night Action+Setup is:
- One of the Markers is likely scum
- Boogie also strikes me as a scumspect, if we take the bodyguard claim at face value, as it provides protection to those marked roles (On top of the doc)
- On the flipside I also don't like the 3rd protective role in Sandwolf with the info we know about Smokescreen.

My top 3 scumspects would be
- Circl
- Sandwolf
- Boogie

I would need to have a proper read of each of these players before presenting a case for them, but that's roughly where I'm at right now.

Sandwolf posted:

man that vote was hammer, too

##vote Inf explain those three posts in a row, bro

- Long weekend, I was quite literally awake until 3am in the morning and was woken up by neighbour. Legit wasn't expecting to be awake and was very much half awake.
- I was inherently suspicious of a 3rd protective role claim
- 3rd vote was that the end of D2 had a very lovely vibe to it, and on a rethink was happy with testing the claim and just ending the day as the vote had swung away from RF unto Kash.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

4! 4 protective roles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3pKcRSmw2w

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Roleblocker is a little less protective. Also very limited by requiring someone to be double marked

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah nah.

Bodyguard + Doc makes no sense if we also had the Smokescreen protecting all non-marked targets from ALL abilities at night.
Sake of the argument Kash claims D1

I could have protected 1 of the Marked targets.

Sandwolf could have protected the other Marked target.
There would be no way for scum to make a kill N1.

##vote Sandwolf

Secondary to this

Hal Incandenza posted:

As Kash stated he blocks all abilities, not just kills.
There is no need for a roleblocker in this scenario.
Smokescreen protected town.

There might never have been a scenario where we needed to block someone with 2 marks.
What happens if that person is just vanilla? Roleblock on 2 marks is useless.

This is an incredibly weird version of roleblocker.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Inf I am unclear what you are saying about boogie/sandwolf. Are you saying the existence of their roles sort of complement each other? Like boogies vig as scum means sandwolfs bodyguard as scum makes sense? Like if they are on different scum teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

5, since we're all coming clean. I can watch and protect one specific person