Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

toal earlyvote on scumalong: possibly bad
bif saying toalvote on scumalong good: worse

toalvote looks like a ez bus early in the game when nobody will believe it

now did toalpaz ride that vote to the end? nobody spoil it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SolusLunes posted:

toal earlyvote on scumalong: possibly bad
bif saying toalvote on scumalong good: worse

toalvote looks like a ez bus early in the game when nobody will believe it

now did toalpaz ride that vote to the end? nobody spoil it for me

Let me give you a hint here and suggest you read the rest of the day 2 without commentary.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

this is a very bad take from sandwolf:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Let me give you a hint here and suggest you read the rest of the day 2 without commentary.

commentary?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

yami you dumb butt why did you mark dmboogie if you thought sandwolf was scummy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hmm

scumalong trying to move the lunch off sandwolf onto Kash near the end of D1

obviously this ends poorly for scumalong, but why would hum try to move the vote at all if the vote was going for town in the first place

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

that is, this post here:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would rather see ##vote kashuno

sand's at -2 at this point and bif is saying that she'll also vote sand but hasn't yet

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sand still on moat near end of D1 with no comment on hum, :thunk:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

and no swap to hum or comment on hum at the end of D1.

yeah, thinking Hum was trying to push the vote off scumbro sandwolf, and succeeded in a way that backfired terribly

finished reading D1 and am gonna take a break for a few before going D2, but definitely feeling sandwolf for scum, at this point if they're not the lunch I'd mark them (so I'm going to save my mark for near deadline, that seems like the best way to not waste it on a lunch target)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A break before and after day 2 is probably for the best

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

right just so I don't forget later:

##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

sand still on moat near end of D1 with no comment on hum, :thunk:

Honestly a little annoying I can't sympathize with someone who's obviously exploding in thread, even if it meant my own survival. This is a social game, ultimately, and it's really annoying to be called scummy because I sympathized with someone who happened to be scum. I sympathized with Toal too, regardless of alignment, because this is not a coldly mechanical game.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly a little annoying I can't sympathize with someone who's obviously exploding in thread, even if it meant my own survival. This is a social game, ultimately, and it's really annoying to be called scummy because I sympathized with someone who happened to be scum. I sympathized with Toal too, regardless of alignment, because this is not a coldly mechanical game.

Why do you think Hum tried to move the vote off of you on D1?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

I don't really see that, it looks more like sniping scum trying to set up suspicions for D2. And like, objectively, I feel the lunch on Hum was kind of scummy (go reread it, votes start raining down from nowhere). I didn't think he was scum, I thought he was melting down (no offense Hum if you're reading this), and I didn't want to take part in their lunch. It really feels like you're trying to put a narrative overlaid what the reality was.

I didn't know Hum was gonna flip scum, I saw someone come blustering into EOD and very suddenly catch flak for it, votes start raining down from nowhere, and that person increasingly melting down, resulting in their lunch. That scenario has happened a million times with townies getting lunched over scum, sorry I did not know aforethought that Hum was doing the scummy meltdown and not the townie meltdown.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I don't really see that, it looks more like sniping scum trying to set up suspicions for D2. And like, objectively, I feel the lunch on Hum was kind of scummy (go reread it, votes start raining down from nowhere). I didn't think he was scum, I thought he was melting down (no offense Hum if you're reading this), and I didn't want to take part in their lunch. It really feels like you're trying to put a narrative overlaid what the reality was.

I didn't know Hum was gonna flip scum, I saw someone come blustering into EOD and very suddenly catch flak for it, votes start raining down from nowhere, and that person increasingly melting down, resulting in their lunch. That scenario has happened a million times with townies getting lunched over scum, sorry I did not know aforethought that Hum was doing the scummy meltdown and not the townie meltdown.

I disagree on that he was sniping and setting up suspicions for the next day- this is him, defending you, pretty hard:

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's 2 hours to deadline and you're acting like it's 2 minutes

but also throwing out a random vote????

this is exactly what you're complaining sandwolf is doing!!!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

I disagree on that he was sniping and setting up suspicions for the next day- this is him, defending you, pretty hard:

Okay, I see how that could be defending. I saw it more as him getting geared up to vote that person D2 for doing the exact things he was trying to lunch me for. It still really feels like you're walking backwards from "Hum and Sand are scumbuddies."

Imagine if I had been lunched, right? Then Hum's entire position would have changed - "I was defending a townie, this other person who pushed the Sandwolf lunch is scummy, look, I even pointed it out at EOD"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

honestly this kinda feels like grasping at straws, you said this:

SolusLunes posted:

and you could only find one quote?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

honestly this kinda feels like grasping at straws, you said this:

and you could only find one quote?

I think it's funny that you want to discredit me by setting an unspecified, higher bar for why I should be suspicious of you because you had scum defending you.

And yes, I absolutely walked backwards from thinking you and hum were scumbuddies, because most of your D1 posting was bad and making me think you were scum. If I'd been playing then, I would have been pushing you for your bad posts. Humalong defending you and then flipping scum is just icing on the cake.

If not you for scum, then who?

(I haven't gotten through D2 yet)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hmm, on day 2, flipped town RF rolecopped sand and sand came back as a one-shot BP BG, as claimed

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also wew bif eccocop claim, that's

quite a thing

also, bif's not dead, and there were two NKs, so it wasn't an inf doc block (unless there were three NKs?)

concerning!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bif why would you claim your eccocop if RF wasn't on your list of people that you eccocopped N2?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't wanna interrupt the process here but

SolusLunes posted:

Bif why would you claim your eccocop if RF wasn't on your list of people that you eccocopped N2?

Sorry I don't get what the issue is here?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Killing bif to clear 4 town also isn't a 'bad' play with four town to clear and 2 flipped scum,

toal you seem pretty bloodthirsty for bif and this would be a fantastic play for scum to kill bif at this point if they bussed one of the scum in bif's list with someone town

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't wanna interrupt the process here but

Sorry I don't get what the issue is here?

It seems like an odd time to claim eccocop. I don't get why you claimed eccocop because RF was close to lunch- if you just wanted to get three town results out before dying in a NK, that seems a poor trade imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

this is a very bad take from sandwolf:

This is OBVIOUSLY photoshopped

(just joking)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh wait you mean cause it didn't affect the lunch

Cause those were results and I wasn't ever gonna go into another nightphase without reporting them. I just didn't bother till end of day cause I didn't want it to dominate the whole days discussion. And when I could wait and see if any scummy folks leaned real hard into pushing someone on my list first, so I could have fun crushing their hopes and watching em have to scramble and maybe overreach to set up somebody else.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

It seems like an odd time to claim eccocop. I don't get why you claimed eccocop because RF was close to lunch- if you just wanted to get three town results out before dying in a NK, that seems a poor trade imo

What why, that is like my one Mafia job to burn out in a blaze of glory

Oh, you haven't got to the part yet where I point out those were the only results I was ever gonna get

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf what the hell is with your new avatar it's creeping me out and I miss your cartoony guy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Sandwolf what the hell is with your new avatar it's creeping me out and I miss your cartoony guy

hard agree, really confused me during the reread for a moment

Bifauxnen posted:

What why, that is like my one Mafia job to burn out in a blaze of glory

Oh, you haven't got to the part yet where I point out those were the only results I was ever gonna get

that makes a lot more sense. were you a one-shot?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

cartoon soccer guy was from 2014 or something! I like my jolly skull

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

that makes a lot more sense. were you a one-shot?

Yep

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

ah okay consider my critique of that retracted

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

cartoon soccer guy was from 2014 or something! I like my jolly skull

skulls are good and charismatic imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dmboogie posted:

skulls are good and charismatic imo

I get it, boogie, I have nothing in common with skulls OKAY!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Okay I'm caught up

I think my preference today would be to lunch Sand, because there's a glut of protective roles and I still think Hum was trying to get the D1 lunch off his scumbud.

I buy Bif's claim of eccocop, but I also think it's likely that scum would have a marker so I'd prefer to mark Circl over Bif at the moment.

There's already a mark on me, so Toal can track me to nowhere whenever they want.

If Sandwolf flips town, the logical next place to look would then be Inf (Circl would still be in my top two for scum at that point).

So. You good with a mark on Circl instead of Bif today, Toal?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

I get it, boogie, I have nothing in common with skulls OKAY!

you said it, not me :colbert:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

oh also there's one more part of my claim

i'm in a one-way masonry with inf:

this was a joke

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

- Long weekend, I was quite literally awake until 3am in the morning and was woken up by neighbour. Legit wasn't expecting to be awake and was very much half awake.
- I was inherently suspicious of a 3rd protective role claim
- 3rd vote was that the end of D2 had a very lovely vibe to it, and on a rethink was happy with testing the claim and just ending the day as the vote had swung away from RF unto Kash.

I think these reasons for voting Kash are weak as hell, especially considering Inf doctored Kash N1 and seemed to be pushing me for my protection on N1? Like he was looking for overlap so he could decide whether it was a safe person to claim or not.

Weird that you were suspicious of the 3rd protective (not even sure Kash's role could be considered purely protective, but) but you handedly accepted my protective claim with NO hesitation, and only NOW are trying to say bodyguard/1shot bp is a good godfather claim, when I don't even have an investigation on me.

Just smacks of desperation.

Inf is scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am coming around on inf being scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I would rather lunch inf then do anythign solus said. If I am wrong let history drat me. Please mark bif because if bif is telling the truth circle is cleared. All that matters is whether bif is lying or not.