Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok I am IN this is the first time I'm actually playing a Somber game so I'm super excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh god you were right we only just arrived and already the posting is horrible

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whoah hi Moat!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeez don't go copclaiming already!

Or wait that was the dog one wasn't it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Everyone read the OP or I'll police your face

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

No anime tia

Dang this means Somber's not allowed to tell you I'm one of your scumbros

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##fakedayaction Moat

It rhymes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay whose idea was it to enter the obvious horror movie location?!

Yeah y'all have some bad ideas, we should prolly all split up instead of working together

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Literally everyone knows that you should never split up in horror movies.

So why would you suggest this, unless you are the monster???

##vote Bifauxnen

Jeez performative towniness much

##vote Yami

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

If you don't split up, the plot never progresses, I mean, a couple of people might die, but you get a much better movie.

Right, if it's a trap, that means it's the plot and you have to follow the plot

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Alright back at this whole mafia thing try to flex my skills

vote Bif got her with the n0 cop.

Anyone with real Mafia skills knows it's stupid to cop me instead of a lurker though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CirclMastr posted:

I can't think of any jokes right now so, uh, pretend something witty and amusing prefaced this random vote.

##vote Moatillata

omg no townie could be this witty and amusing!

##vote CirclMastr

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hello eldritch horrors could you please eat my brain so I can call in sick tomorrow

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Now wait it's cool, I found one.

https://i.imgur.com/oHGRGPz.mp4

##vote Inf

Ok found the eldritch horror folks

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Bif can you please tell me if youre scum, time permitting

Morning, Moat! Towniest town here, and I'm about to have a lot more free time once I get through this last day at work

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CirclMastr posted:

Is Australia still on fire?

Australia is always on fire somewhere

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Sweet, Ill just take that a face value then

that sure has never come back to bite me in the rear end

Also here is a message just for bif everyone else butt out

love your new av text; AF kicks rear end

:neckbeard: They sure do! There's a pretty great long story behind this av too :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

They said it’s gut so there’s no explanation

It's the only thing close to a serious vote so far, though. We're going to need to start making more calls like that just to try and get somewhere.

ilmucche posted:

##vote sandwolf

If people can at least try and give some vague explanation for what gave them the gut feel though, that might help? I assume this vote is serious, ilmucche, since it's not making any kind of joke in any context at all?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For my own look back over jokephase this is what I got so far:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wait a minute how do you know there’s a monster? Do you know something we don’t? ##vote Yami

This was the first jokephase post I thought felt noticably awkward. Not sure if that's what Toal was picking up on too.

CirclMastr posted:

I can't think of any jokes right now so, uh, pretend something witty and amusing prefaced this random vote.

##vote Moatillata

This was the second jokepost I thought was kinda awkward

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree with this expert take

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am going to give 120% town effort this game

Hal doing performative towniness AND sucking up to me? Uh oh

Kashuno posted:

##vote infinitum for realsies

yall think I should read my role pm?

"Lol I haven't even looked at my PM" kinda posts always make me a little suspicious too

So Hum, Circl, Hal and Kash are my first round of early vague suspects

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote CirclMastr

His initial post/"joke" feels a little forced and he continued the joke phase into this page without any initiative to provide content.

This is applicable to like 10 other people and isn't anything more than gut, but when there's not much to go on, this is what you get.

And after this,I think Circl is the most promising. Circl came in to do some action on DVD in response, but he's happy to leave his actual vote where it is... on Moat? Mind telling us why, when that was originally a clear jokephase post?

##vote Circl

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

Circl is still the only actual decent read I got for anything that looks scummy, but I'm not opposed to holding off to see what the mark does first.

I must get back to work now but let's see if this does anything

##vote Kash

Even though it was kinda early for people to start lurker callouts, for some reason his name hasn't been put forward at all as one of them. Even though he's done surprisingly little so far, he's usually a real high-volume poster

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Huh still no Kash posts that whole time I was gone, huh

Still no one else even calling him a lurker huh

Sweet, catchup over I can go drink now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man I wanna cut Toal some slack just cause even a flipped town Toal always sounds scummy to me

Always

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok that sounds cool I would also vote Sandwolf

Just gotta keep this pressure on for now till Kash deigns to grace us w his presence

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hmmmmmmmm nah

I'm reading DBD as fairly townie rn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Booooo you can keep my vote then Kash

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aggression rules

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But also that doesn't even seem like aggression by my standards lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I keep thinking about Kash but the last game Kash played they played very similarly as town. Not invested/very defensive.

Bah, has he got a new meta too

Kashuno posted:

I am reviewing stuff rn and realize I tend to always think Sandwolf is town and Toalpaz is scum, so I'm gonna say I give Toal a pass this game day. Yami is digging in in a way that reads townie to me, but it's the kind of thing that catches my attention the longer a game goes on with more inaccurate reads.

I'm gonna ##unvote for now and try to reevaluate my reads a bit. I am tempted to throw my vote on Circl for a mechanics reason rather than a gameplay reason but ehh

Now this is interesting, seeing as I unvoted Circl for the mechanics reasons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all

##vote dmboogie

He didn't sound too suss to me before when he was helping me pressure Kash, but it does look a bit lazy now in hindsight. And I really don't like how he had to be prompted for what his opinion is before he bothered to change his vote

Fake edit whoah innnnnnteresting

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

I'm wondering if Circl knew about the doppelganger stuff, it didn't seem like it based on the way the responded to your flavor question. Why would somber tell one of you and not the other about each other?
I think the way Yami played this is more towny. The flavor questioning, the waiting.
If I were scum and had a mark ability that is at least theoretically pro town, I would want to put it out there early.

I like this a lot

So maybe we could lunch Circl today after all? I do wanna keep the heat on boogie rn but I am totally down to revote Circl instead. The only reason I did move off was cause I wanted to wait and see what the mark did but I agree that Yami seems a more likely townie with it

Yami Fenrir posted:

That's why I waited on it. I was thinking that it'd be a mod gotcha where both of them ended up being townies, but they didn't play into it at all.

Anyway, for me it might just be role flavor - I arrived at the castle following a doppleganger of myself, apparently.

However, the way they said "I don't know what it does, only that it helps town if I mark suspicious people" (which narrows what it does down quite a lot) does make me believe circl is town.

Hm, I'd be cautious of relying too much on flavour deductions like this. Somber did warn against it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If it really is a hated stack though, that power is super bad in scum hands late-game.

Like yeah, technically it remains true that it would help town if used on suspicious people, but that's not gonna happen at LYLO hey

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Goddamn this is a sad vote spread with five hours to go

Kash I'm even more curious now why you said the "mechanics thing" made you more likely to vote Circl than less.

Boogie said there are probably multiple roles that do things to marked people, and you said that checks out, but surely your role is in your good townie hands, so it would not be a bad thing for you to be able to do that thing to people?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ilmucche posted:

I'm gonna vote moat, they were my second choice for scum after toal and I have to sleep soon so I'll wake up in the morning and see if anyone got lunched.

##vote toalpaz

Lol what

I'm around till deadline btw. I'm ok with Sandwolf as the lunch for today...

##vote Sandwolf

But Kash I still want an answer to my question!

Also I kinda wish we could last-minute swerve onto ilmucche just for being so wtf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kash, your recent analysing of actual intent behind when and who to mark is nice, but I still want to know what you meant here:

Kashuno posted:

I'm gonna ##unvote for now and try to reevaluate my reads a bit. I am tempted to throw my vote on Circl for a mechanics reason rather than a gameplay reason but ehh

You said you were tempted to vote Circl for a purely mechanics reason, and I don't see how that matches up with the idea that "special roles (like you just implied you had) can do stuff only on marked people". That made you want to vote out someone who makes you able to do stuff?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

I wanted to vote Circl because I currently believe marking may not be a net benefit for town. Yami also being able to mark has me feeling pretty sure it's not just a town thing so I feel reasonable in believing that there are scum markers.

You currently believe it, but also believed it back then, I presume? When you first made that comment? Before the 2nd mark showed up?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok this Kash thing is really bothering me cause it does not seem to add up to a mindset that actually makes sense.

As another mark came up, and other peeps implies that they had some action that interacted with the marks, Kash implied that this was true for him as well:

dmboogie posted:

marking specifically interacts with my role and my role has nothing to do with either circl or yami

i imagine there are multiple roles that can do things to marked people

Kashuno posted:

Checks out

He agrees that there are roles "that can do things to marked people", so presumably Kash has one of these roles. But if a town Kash has a role that says "hey, that thing you can do as a town? You can use it on someone who's been marked." And then he sees someone get marked, why did he think "hm, I have mechanics reasons to vote for Circl now" instead of "yay! Circl can help me do the thing!"

Also he seems to be fudging his explanation of his mindset, conflating the past and the present

##vote Kashuno

I'm here so I can move to avoid no-lunch if this goes nowhere, but this point needs to be pressed, and revisited if I'm dead tomorrow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's -2. It'll be -1 once I move back, still don't actually object to voting Sandwolf but goddamn this feels like such a lazy lifeless plod to the lunch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ooh I didn't notice we were in Max territory here with the tied vote, how exciting

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

This is what I didn't like about RF, which was I think he's playing a safe game and not trying to get noticed, which the same can be applicable to you.

Hm. I was tuning out the RF case cause I just always think of him as lurky and scummy no matter what so it was all white noise to me. But putting it this way makes me feel more suspicious of Hum and RF after all since this game really seems to be ruled by a heavy attitude of 'meh'

I would switch to either Hum or RF, Kash wanting to switch to Hum makes me a little paranoid though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh ok so you get to decide what is and isn't legit?

this entire response from you is extremely defensive, just admit you cast a shrug vote dude

Your tone sounds way more defensive dude

##vote Hum