Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
... alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

##cuddle Hal

##shoot Sandwolf

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Okay whose idea was it to enter the obvious horror movie location?!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah y'all have some bad ideas, we should prolly all split up instead of working together

Literally everyone knows that you should never split up in horror movies.

So why would you suggest this, unless you are the monster???

##vote Bifauxnen

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Grandicap posted:

If you don't split up, the plot never progresses, I mean, a couple of people might die, but you get a much better movie.

At this point, I think watching a horror movie where the protagonists don't do incredibly stupid things and just clown on the killer would be hilarious.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I have to admit, I don't watch a lot of movies at all.

So I too would like some recommendations for genre aware horror.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wait a minute how do you know there’s a monster? Do you know something we don’t? ##vote Yami

There's always a monster in a horror movie.

Even if it looks human...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Now wait it's cool, I found one.

https://i.imgur.com/oHGRGPz.mp4

This is more horrifying than the castle oculd ever be.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

I'm happy to leave my vote where it is.

##mark Deadbeat Dad

CirclMastr posted:

Nope. All I know is marking suspicious people helps town. I assume there is some town role that somehow investigates marked people.

This intrigues me.

I will come back to this later, but would you mind giving me a yes or no to the following question:

Is your role flavor called Stacey? I think there is something really interesting going on here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Rereading people now that there's some actual content:

Really don't like toal's look so far. Haven't looked at hum yet but the vote followed the the quick unvote looks pretty bad.

The way it was handled pings me heavily.

Bad explanation? check.
Really defensive when poked about it? check.
Votes the person that (in my opinion, entirely reasonably) pointed this out, discrediting their read at the same time? check.

Also I don't like doing meta reads but this just seems way off to be town toal. Too hedgy, too defensive (I feel like they are more aggressive of a player when town, as is so far they only voted hum then quickly unvoted, then voted in what can easily be claimed as an OMGUS vote later), and also a bit too quiet.

Overall, toal seems really scummy to me right now.

##vote Toalpaz

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Infinitum, who are you most suspicious off atm?

All I can find from you atm are jokephase and mafia dadding.

Not sure I like it but this jokephase was pretty long.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I can remember them having actually posted, though I’m pretty sure it’s been mostly white noise

but again, that’s less than the three mentioned

This is literally untrue. I had one post more than Kash :v:

Anyway, Sandwolf posts so far ping me as well.

There is a LOT of hedging:

Sandwolf posted:

Okay, so there's one real case from Bif on Circl and a ~day action~ from Circl

I can't judge the day action one way or another, press button is a convincing argument ( ;) ), I don't think it's necessarily a scummy thing yet though we don't know what it does.

this logic feels a little weak, but eh, still not willing to push on it. Bif's case on Circl seems above board, but like I said I don't think Circl makes sense to go after rn.

DBD's response to the marking doesn't seem too bad either.

toal and boogie popping up feels a little bad, but boogie said jokevote has been impenetrable and I don't disagree

"not sure what to think about day action, not sure what to think about bifs case".

Instead of pursuing any of this, this is then followed up by "would rather lunch a lurker (despite the lurker rules that already exist?):

Sandwolf posted:

grandi, yami, and retro are probably lurkiest right now, be happy to vote any of them, especially grandi he seems to be the most active usually

Sandwolf posted:

apart from that, moat I think is pinging me hardest? They've been very actively posting but jumping back and forth between serious play and jokevote, they don't seem actually interested in pushing the game forward

I think I'd still rather lunch a lurker though since Moat is active

The second one pings me especially, since it's the closest thing to committing to a read but then it's "would rather lunch lurkers" anyway, giving him plenty time to back out of it.

The only thing that follows after is calling somebody else's vote bad:

Sandwolf posted:

This looks like a real bandwagony vote to me

Where are your own opinions, Sandwolf? Give me some hard opinions on whose scum.

Vote remains on toal for now but would also vote Sandwolf.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Where are your own opinions, Sandwolf? Give me some hard opinions on who is scum.

Vote remains on toal for now but would also vote Sandwolf.

Mafia edit

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Give me a read on the game here buddy

Calling out other people on giving reads when the only read you had was a gut read on somebody you quickly turned around on into a town read is pretty lol, btw.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadbeat Dad posted:

:getin:

##vote Yami

This is the stuff I was looking for! Whoa this is bad!

Let me get this straight... you have a problem with me asking for content or a single read on anyone in the game from someone that was continuing to non-serious post past the joke phase, or the fact that I unvoted someone who did some weird OMGUS day marking thing that makes no sense to do if he was scum? Obviously he could be, but I'm leaning towards it being a town action as of now.

The only way your post makes any sense as a negative or "lol" worthy thing is if I made it some dick measuring contest about me providing great reads or content prior to that post, which I didn't do at all, or if I was joking when some serious posts/actions occurred and being super hypocritical in asking for a read while I provided none, neither thing happened. You're completely right, I had one gut read at the time and asked for someone to provide their gut read.

But yes, super lol stuff indeed

lmao.

No, I don't have a problem with you asking somebody for reads.

I have a problem with you not providing reads yourself. Provide reads, DBD.

The fact that you immediately jump to what suits you while completely ignoring that part is rather telling, though.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

lmao.

No, I don't have a problem with you asking somebody for reads.

I have a problem with you calling out people for not giving reads while not providing reads yourself. Provide reads, DBD.

The fact that you immediately jump to what suits you while completely ignoring that part is rather telling, though.

mafia edit

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm honestly not sure what I'm ignoring at all?? If there's any ignoring here, it's you ignoring context or timing of my post which is when 90% of the game was jokevoting. There was the weird toal vote, more jokevoting, my read on Circus, a day action, and then people starting chiming in with thoughts. dmboogie was still joking after that stuff happened and I wanted to know his thoughts on anything.

I think I've provided a decent amount of reads so far: Toal's actions don't strike me as scum even though it wasn't a great "look", RF's early posts looked floaty in a bad way and worse than Toal's to me and would vote him over Toal, Circl's action looked like a town move even though extremely OMGUS, trying to decipher Moat's posts, hating your post towards me.

The amazing thing in all of this is all of you content has been in the last hour which I wouldn't even bring up since you may have been busy/sleeping/in a different time zone, but in this post I'm replying to you're calling for me to make reads while I have reads out there, but had an issue with me asking for a read from someone that had none at all while I had one, self admittedly very small gut read that had a day action response to it.

I literally just told you that I do not have an issue with you calling out the lack of reads on another person. Why are you going back to that anyway?

Let me spell it out then: What I have a problem with was that most of your content orbits around Circl. A gut read that you very quickly backed out on. "deciphering moats post" is neutral in scumhunting unless you find something actually scummy in them.

I was unable to decipher that RF read out of your post history, perhaps I missed something. Only post I can find on RF is this one:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Well tomorrow is the deadline so lurker callouts absolutely should be a thing if we want to do something and not have half of the game to get by because of lurking

##unvote for now but if I loving die because of this please look at Circle

After that is your callout on dmboogie (which, incidentally, I entirely agree with! I just find it scummy that you did it with what I see as a relative lack of reads. It's like saying "stop being so quiet" when you're being quiet yourself, y'know? Calling out people so you aren't looked at)

Also, when my content was posted is entirely meaningless (what matters is that I posted it at all), and I don't even understand how it is relevant to the second part of that sentence :?:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'll post this before knocking out since I have a reply and I don't want to wait until this afternoon to post it and I don't really think I have much to say after this regarding this issue. Getting my Dragnix wordy posts on.

The moat thing, sure, not really a read at all, I can give you that. But I mean, we're splitting hairs with what you have an issue with, right? You're saying you don't have a problem with me necessarily calling out someone with a lack of reads (small correction: he had zero reads), but you didn't like me having no reads other than not liking RF's post and my vote/small back and forth with Circl. I happen to think all of that is connected, you may not think so. But the fact is, he was jokeposting and active in the thread and I wanted to know his thoughts. It wasn't like I randomly called out people who also didn't provide any reads in the thread, which was probably 10 other people at the time. He had that question thrown at him because he was actively posting in the thread and joking around while some others were providing thoughts.

Also, I keep going back to that because a verifiable action happened from it. I got marked. I'm trying to hammer in context to you, which is me very much acknowledging that at the time I only had one read, which quickly became a town read after a day action on me, but it was a read nonetheless. And I don't think asking someone who actively posted in the thread but was still joking around while other people were starting to begin posting content as anything more than being curious, which I was.

It's on this page right before my vote on you. I was writing it while you made your post but I wanted to finish it before replying to yours.

I just don't agree that I was "quiet" at that point when there was not much of anything to go on prior to that. Like, if the whole situation occured at this point in the thread, I wouldn't think your post about me was bad. If I had no opinion on anybody and didn't get marked and was joking too, I wouldn't think your post was bad. Again, context, context, context. I had a vote down and a day action on me and a small back and forth and I wanted someone's opinion on that or the toal vote. I haven't had a huge amount of reads since, but enough to put me in the middle of the pack as far as the thread as a whole, including yourself which is why I brought up all of your reads at this moment being kind of a hypocritical statement ("Make some reads, DBD!" versus "Give me a read, dmboogie!") because I'd say you made 3-4 (Sandwolf, Toal, Inf, me) reads which is probably along the lines of what I've contributed (RF, Toal, Circl, you) -- a few reads but nothing crazy. So you saying "Give me reads, DBD!" while being in a similar content space and having an issue about me being "quiet" early on when I said what I said to boogie, which was me having 1 read/action/whatever and a vote/unvote on Circl while he had 100% non-content post history does seem hypocritical when taking into account the time in the game, hence my problem with your post and my vote on you.

Kash's vote seems sort of lazy to me, neutral/no read atm on him. I join maybe two games a year so maybe Kash doesn't remember but my style as town is always super defensive and reactionary (aggressive?) because that's how I make the best reads, which is why I made the post alluding to that early on.

The quiet thing was an example.

Anyway, the fact that you're willing to state your stance on things makes me feel a lot better about you.

Maybe this is just a tone issue, I don't think I've played with you before?

Anyway, not like you were my top suspicion in the first place - just was something that stuck out to me.

I still think one of sandwolf or toal should be lunched today and the more I think about, the more I think sandwolf is the scummier of the two (would still vote both).

So I'm going to ##vote Sandwolf isntead.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh I see the RF post now, sorry for missing it. I don't agree with it but I can at least somewhat see where you're coming from.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

My vote was definitely lazy no argument there.

Why Sandwolf?

I posted why earlier.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

No, it's not. I don't know if giving it out is against the rules but if it is, I'm happy to do so.

I agree with this. The majority of the content I woke up to wasn't from them but I don't know enough about Toal and DBD to infer much from their back and forth. And I am disinclined to lunch DBD today because that won't help determine what marking does (which may end up a moot point if I get killed tonight but whatever).

##vote Sandwolf

You are not allowed to directly quote mod communication but saying stuff like "my role flavor is X" is fine.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

Ugh, yeah I meant Yami. I am just hosed in the head this morning I guess.

Okay then my flavor role is Nick Halpin, which is probably a reference to something but I don't know what. Maybe I should have googled it first but gently caress it.

Okay, my initial thought was way off then. I will elaborate on this closer to to deadline. My inquiry will make sense then, don't worry.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well, alright. Here's why I wanted to know if circl was Stacey:

Because I am Stacey. My role PM makes mention of a sort of doppleganger and, well... I thought that circl was the second stacey. The reason I thought that was because...

##mark dmboogie

I can do this too.

Because of the wording they used when questioned about the ability, I believe they have the same mechanical ability I have, with the same wording. As such I am pretty much convinced circl is town and will not vote them.

Anyway, I've been thinking about it and this may be a sort of hidden stack of Hated.

If it's anything else, well :shrug:

Not like we're losing much of value if dmboogie explodes or something.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Grandicap posted:

I'm wondering if Circl knew about the doppelganger stuff, it didn't seem like it based on the way the responded to your flavor question. Why would somber tell one of you and not the other about each other?
I think the way Yami played this is more towny. The flavor questioning, the waiting.
If I were scum and had a mark ability that is at least theoretically pro town, I would want to put it out there early.

I'm now trying to think if it is more likely that the roles are alignment split or not. Gonna reread Circl to see if he is scummy otherwise, because I had discounted them as town with the day action before.

That's why I waited on it. I was thinking that it'd be a mod gotcha where both of them ended up being townies, but they didn't play into it at all.

Anyway, for me it might just be role flavor - I arrived at the castle following a doppleganger of myself, apparently.

However, the way they said "I don't know what it does, only that it helps town if I mark suspicious people" (which narrows what it does down quite a lot) does make me believe circl is town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

That's why I waited on it. I was thinking that it'd be a mod gotcha where both of them ended up being townies, but they didn't play into it at all.

Anyway, for me it might just be role flavor - I arrived at the castle following a doppleganger of myself, apparently.

However, the way they said "I don't know what it does, only that it helps town if I mark suspicious people" (which narrows what it does down quite a lot) does make me believe circl is town.

Maf edit-ssh, accidentally submitted.

Anyway, this vague as hell wording is actually the same one I have for the ability.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Yami, why did you choose boogie?

I was actually really close to marking Sandwolf, but I figured I might test out of it was something other than a Hated stack first.

Like I said, dmboogie's posting has... not been great (despite being prodded by multiple people), so I figured town wouldn't lose much if it does end up being a hidden vig or something of the sort.

That said, we could of course test if it was a Hated stack.... :getin:

##vote dmboogie

Bifauxnen posted:

I like this a lot

So maybe we could lunch Circl today after all? I do wanna keep the heat on boogie rn but I am totally down to revote Circl instead. The only reason I did move off was cause I wanted to wait and see what the mark did but I agree that Yami seems a more likely townie with it

Hm, I'd be cautious of relying too much on flavour deductions like this. Somber did warn against it.

Like I said, my flavor deduction ended up being wrong - it's their stated role mechanics which make me believe they are town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Like there’s not even a flavor reason for you being ABLE to mark someone?

Yes, there is - part of why I believe it's a hated stack.

Basically, people listen to what I say (aka im influental), which is...

somewhat unlikely, given my mafia history.

:negative:

Anyway, now that you're here, I find it interesting that you're engaging in mechanics chat in addition to going after "disappeared" (not necessarily lurking) folks.

Can you do some scum hunting too?

Like, on people that have content?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Grandicap posted:

Why is everyone keying on hated. Both of them have said they don't know what it does. Hated seems like an odd one to settle on. Why not just marking someone allows them to be targeted with investigative actions? That feels like what the word "mark" leans towards more than something immediately harmful to the marked target.

I thought so too, but with two of them, it seems a little odd. Initially I thought it might be some sort of cop duo thing (which would still be weird because it's a visible day action and all), but with two people? Idk.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

What case?

Is this supposed to be your case?

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think Toal is scummy but I just disagree with this point on Moat. It feels like strong outside meta reasons to not vote for someone despite thinking their scum. The above statement is like “Yeah I dont know I don’t think town Moat would do this??” while also describing it as “too scummy.”

I also think it’s weird that Moat has largely disappeared ##vote Moat

RF also feels like he’s being a bit more bulldoggy, and their case feels forced. I’d vote RF too.

I’d also vote Grandi or Kash for still effectively not engaging with the game, but these are lurkervotes.

Didn't you already walk back on this because Moat was asleep?

Or did I miss a post or two again?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The case is pretty much "aggressively coasting" as far as I can tell, which is something I can agree with.

However, you did provide some useful information so I'm willing to let it go for now.

##unvote

Do tell us who you think is bad though.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

dmboogie posted:

i did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT AGAIN!

(Just kidding, I forgot about that one)

Now that I see it again that post seemed off to me because it kind of read "so here's why I think sandwolf is scum, also ##vote moat" to me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

##vote Yami I think their logic on why they chose boogie doesn’t seem townie to me

Let's ignore the fact that you seem to be ignoring everything else to pick out that thing.

Please do explain why.

Several people pointed out boogie appeared scummy at the time, I agreed.

I have a day ability that is stated to be used on suspicious people.

I used it on a person that was seen as scummy at the time but not currently the main vote target.

Why is this not townie?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I reaaaallly don't like how kashuno drops that (imo) pretty bad vote and then disappears again. Would vote but not today anymore because deadline and vote splitting and stuff.

Anyway, since I need to go sleep soon I've decided to ##vote Sandwolf again to try and consolidate the vote.

I never really liked the early focus on lurkers/people that "disappeared" (that's why it's multiple IRL days ON TOP of lurker rules, dingus!!!), the general hedgyness and lack of opinions I already described previously. This may be confirmation bias at this point but the focus on moat seems... kind of like an excuse to me. Like a scumbo that found that one townie that they think they can push. To me Moat just reads as somebody that just isn't taking the game very seriously day 1.

Apart from that they were awfully quick to head into mechanics chat around the marking mechanic, as well as more argumenting about Moat.

I will absolutely admit that I'm not entirely certain on this but something just seems a little bit too off about Sandwolf for me to let it go.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like I don't want to sound pushy or anything but like,

y'all need to find one player to lunch, not five, or we'll end up with a no lunch.

Votecount for Day 1

Sandwolf (3): Retro Futurist, ilmucche, Retro Futurist, ilmucche, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Retro Futurist (2): Toalpaz, Deadbeat Dad
Toalpaz (2): Moatillata, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Moatillata, Grandicap, ilmucche
Moatillata (2): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, Sandwolf, dmboogie
dmboogie (1): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
CirclMastr (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen, Grandicap
Hal Incandenza (1): Mr. Humalong
Deadbeat Dad (1): Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Kashuno
Yami Fenrir (1): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno
Kashuno (1): Infinitum, Bifauxnen, dmboogie, dmboogie, Bifauxnen
Grandicap (0): ilmucche, ilmucche
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Kashuno, Kashuno, Yami Fenrir
Infinitum (0): Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Kashuno
Mr. Humalong (0): Moatillata, Toalpaz, Moatillata, Grandicap, Toalpaz, Grandicap
ilmucche (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 55 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

If we are already going to kill the person, does it make sense to use your ability? I don't think it does. It seems like an excuse to put it out there and throw some chaos & shade into the mix, and if we kill boogie today and oh no whatever the result of the marking doesn't come to pass, no loss to you and doesn't make you look particularly scummy even if something bad happens to DBD because 'eh boogie was the vote anyway.'

Did you even read the post you just quoted at all?

boogie WASN'T the vote target at the time, Sandwolf was. That's why I used it on boogie instead.

But anyhow, I'm not moving off Sandwolf today, since I got to go sleep.

Please don't no lunch, folks. It's never a good idea.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Also 'they weren't the main vote target' seems weak to me as there was a lot of attention heading their way at the time you decided to pull the trigger on your mark, and things feel like they stopped consolidating around boogie at that time. Going back to reread, it kinda stopped the conversation being boogie scum focused for a bit and on the deadline day that is all scum need to create some chaos.

Wait, hold up.

So I'm not supposed to mark the guy I'm voting, but I'm also not supposed to mark the guy I'm not voting?

Make up your goddamn mind, scumbo. You're really just reading like you don't just want people marked.

Anyway, night for real.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm also looking back on Circl and Yami who have the same (?) roles, both who interacted weirdly with me, but who have scarce mentions of Hum in their post history. Yami had one small comment on Hum and Circl "didn't like his defensiveness" and then did a whole bunch of "should I switch my vote" type posturing near the deadline.

Yami, Circl, which one of you guys marked RF last night? It may help form my ~hypothesis~ knowing how your roles work. Didn't one of you specifically say you could only mark days or am I making that up? So whoever said that, I'm assuming the other person marked at night.

Just checking in briefly before going to sleep so don't expect any more responses.

I did not mark rf, I specifically can only mark during the day.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Initial thoughts:

Hot drat, a second non-town dead already

Post-Initial thoughts:

Goddamnit, multiple scum/nontown teams. I'm going to have to revise all my day 1 reads ugh.

Post-post-initial thoughts:

Going to go do exactly that before I do much of anything else. I had a few reads that bothered me but didn't make sense on a scumteam with hum, but now that we've got 2 flips with 2 different non-town alignments...

Also, you can double mark somebody, huh.

Kind of tempted to mark RF again just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Initial thoughts:

Post-Initial thoughts:

Goddamnit, multiple scum/nontown teams. I'm going to have to revise all my day 1 reads ugh.

Going to go do exactly that before I do much of anything else. I had a few reads that bothered me but didn't make sense on a scumteam with hum, but now that we've got 2 flips with 2 different non-town alignments...

Kind of tempted to mark RF as well just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

maf edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Initial thoughts:

Post-Initial thoughts:

Kind of tempted to mark RF again just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

maf edit for the maf edit because I am dumb as a brick