Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me omw to shitpost D1:
https://i.imgur.com/AoNwgWY.mp4

(Also I am getting better now and should be cool to play by the time this fills.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also IK/mod note, please don't harsh other people's vibes.

That wouldn't be very cash money of you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

Stop doing this, please. It's unnecessary, the community self-polices just fine.

It does, but I've also had a couple of people approach me privately about a few games recently; and it would be appreciated if people just kept in mind that the world is a pretty crappy place for a lot of people mentally atm.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i think we're about ready to get started.

everyone please do me a favor and join the discord here so i can send you your role: https://discord.gg/c5SWGwa

Not Googledocs 0/10

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oh poo poo the games live

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What usually happens with SA mafia is there's a period colloquially called Joke Phase, where people just jump in and shitpost for a bit and vote people are random.

At some point it turns into Serious Chat™ and the actual casing begins.

Joke Phase usually lasts, at most, around a day. As most D1s are 48-72 hours, depending on the type of game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote ilmucche

Made me stop eating my choc top to do a serious post, when I was trying to find a meme to post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now wait it's cool, I found one.

https://i.imgur.com/oHGRGPz.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif don't be mean to me, I'm an Essential Worker.

Which also means I am very sleepy from stress and not being able to work from home :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's an ice cream. All the cinemas are shut due to ~The Rona~ so my local independent wanted to get rid of some stock, so I bought half a box on the cheap.
So now I can go to the movies at home.

https://i.imgur.com/Jach5Ew.mp4

Also TIL that Choc-tops are an Aussie thing, and I have to explain what they are :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well Australia is a prisoner island, hidden in the summer for a million years.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The most annoying Australian Thing is how you guys pronounce brother or mother as "brothaw" or "mothaw" but otherwise you guys are pretty ace

The typical broad Aussie accent is spoken with a drawl :eng101:

I think I read somewhere that it's somewhat phonetically similar to an American Southern accent, but I might be misremembering that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grandicap posted:

How big are they? They look like one biters and that would be awesome. If they are bigger then it is boring I guess.

Depends on where you go. The ones I've got are like.. the height of a coke can?
It's a full sized ice cream most of the time, put it that way.

Kashuno posted:

##vote infinitum for realsies

yall think I should read my role pm?

Hi Kash, we haven't played together in a lonnnnng time.

##vote Kashuno

Get hosed Kash

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to remove ur gangtag fucko

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thematically this game reminds me of Blood on the Clocktower for some reason.

Which is a game I very much want to pickup, as I've played it a few times at a pub here in Sydney (Before the Dark Times)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuOq54FHDsghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImcG8sC7qT4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I found out about it after the fact, and I want to pick it up, but it probably won't happen until well after this nonsense is over.

I very much enjoy the ghost mechanic (Dead people still retain their vote)
Makes for a much more enjoyable RL werewolf game, rather than being told you just need to sit there while other people play.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's long weekend here in Australia, so I'm getting hammered for a few hours and getting something greasy as gently caress to loving eat; will engage shortly afterwards.

Just wanted to drop by for ilmucche:

ilmucche posted:

What does omgus mean

Here's a couple of resources mate:
https://www.samafia.net/wiki/Main_Page This is the SA Forums wiki for Mafia. Which is super useful
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page Is also a good resource as well.

You can look up terminology that we'll be using whenever you get confused.
Alternatively just ask in thread like you've been doing and someone will hook you up.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Oh my god you suck, basically voting someone for voting you with no real case to back it up other than being annoyed or angry.

I mean.. wanting to tell someone to go and get hosed is a pretty good reason sometimes :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##unvote

I'm here and reading. Fell asleep drunk last night :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Who’s here? Hum, DBD, Inf, Bif, Kash, Moat?

I'm reading and making a big catch-up post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

I'd be fine lunching any of the three but it looks like it'll come down to either Sandwolf or Hum.

Disingenuous.

Moat is at 3 along with Hum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Humalong

Still typing post, but this is where I am currently.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unlikely to vote a claimed protective role D1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey I've caught up

dmboogie posted:

hey infininitum do you have any opinions on literally anything

My opinion is that I work long hours, then come home and play video games, and often can't commit as much time to mafia as I previously have in the past.

---------------------------------------

Yami Fenrir posted:

Because I am Stacey. My role PM makes mention of a sort of doppleganger and, well... I thought that circl was the second stacey. The reason I thought that was because...

##mark dmboogie

Dopplegangers are always good and inherently trustworthy. :thunk:

Would be worth looking closer at the Circl + Yami 'pair' later.

Tonally I don't like this after joke phase has well and truly ended.

That said I can't recall playing with boogie previously, so don't know what their general play style is like.

--------------------------------------

Toalpaz posted:

really feel like this case was rehearsed in scumchat multiple times.

I really don't like this though. There's usually very little collusion in scumdocs, as most players prefer to do their own thing.

Alleging that players are using specific keyword phrases strikes me as somebody trying to manufacture discontent rather than actually analysing the content.

"Hmmm but you don't know guys" isn't a read, and trying to nudge players towards a conclusion.

Would vote Toalpaz as scum.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Out of the current crop I feel ##vote RF

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha oh come on

Hal immediately agreeing with Toalpaz, then immediately distancing themselves from them.

RF wasn't on anybodies radar at this point in the day, so it's a weird timing push.

For the record:

-----------------------------------------

Sandwolf posted:

I’m a bodyguard, it’s not the most protective role so you’re not losing too much, but like!!

Not sure what to make of this claim. As it feels like one step away from just claiming doc, and wanting to hedge their bets and be a bit 'safer' with the claim.

Admittedly that's :thunk: level analysis, and I'd probably err on not lynching a claimed protective role D1 (Until someone can check on them)

----------------------------------------

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Sandwolf

I see what people are saying about Sandwolf upon re-read, but still don't think it's the strongest case. Lurker callout stuff was the weakest thing I saw, and I actually think his claim is pretty weak too. "I’m a bodyguard, it’s not the most protective role so you’re not losing too much!" -- I mean, if you are indeed town, losing a protective role sucks regardless. Seems like you're half resigned to being voted out but also kind of fighting not to be?

There's obviously nothing verifiable from it either, especially if he doesn't know when it's been used. Eh.

This is lovely reasoning talking themselves into a vote on Sandwolf.

"Yeah if you're town and we'd lose a protective roll that'd suck, still.. gonna vote you cause I didn't like the way you're defending yourself"

Do Not Like This Post©.

Kashuno posted:

##vote sandwolf

THIS post sucks even harder.

-----------------------------------

Not liking the whole slapfight on page 14 with Humalong at the middle
(Rather than quoting the whole thing)

Thinking Hum comes off looking worse.

Mr. Humalong posted:

"don't want to cause a no lunch"

*throws out a fee fees hurt vote*

This is probably the stand out post for me. It's crappy name calling lattttttte in the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Humalong is the correct vote.

I would vote Sandwolf to avoid a no-lynch, but would prefer we don't lynch a claimed protective role D1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Realistically I'd like to vote off Toalpaz, but it is very much too late in the day for that to happen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

50min until deadline.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I am bodyguard with a 1shot BP

Are you personally 1 shot BP in ADDITION to your Bodyguard power?

The only thing I don't like about your claim is you're not told when the BP goes off, but that could just be a mod level decision on how the role operates.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I mean your post is coming from a space where you're assuming he's town, Inf.

There's nothing I find inherently scummy about how Sandwolf is posting D1.

Hum on the other hand is being combative.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The marks are freakin me out mannnnnnnnn

Moatillata posted:

Real quick sidebar

Is it pro town or anti town that sandwolf said nothing about who he guarded last night since he claimed

Asking for a friend

Is it pro town or anti town to post "Makes you think" type statements?

Here's a hint

##vote Moatillata

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So now the question is are we looking at 2 scum teams, or a 3P+Scum scenario.

I'm hazarding a guess at 3P due to the JOAT.

I'm also of 2 minds on how to handle the marking, as we don't know what the gently caress it does.
If we can activate a mark somehow that would probably be beneficial info, but I'm not sure how to broach that scenario.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Inf, when you have the time can you tell me your thoughts on Kash

I am currently of 2 minds on Kash, but if asked on a position I would be leaning town slightly.
He has a brusque playstyle, but on a reread doesn't come across as particularly scummy to me at a gutread level.

I am also happy with my vote on yourself, but would also be OK with a Circlmastr vote.

The reason I am voting you is I did not like how you read tonally at the end of D1, and you were extremely apathetic about lynching a claimed protective role.

Moatillata posted:

I'm back and now fat and sassy

I would like to see hum or sandwolf die

Prefer sandwolf at this point but will switch to hum to avoid a NL

It comes across as "Just lynch someone, I don't care who", which to me reads as scum not caring who we lynch.
Town would be more interested in lynching correctly, regardless of the fact it was D1.

Moatillata posted:

Since you're here what's your flavor?

Also not sure why flavour was important to you on Sandwolf's claim, and gives me the impression that you're searching for a specific name to nightkill.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

And nobody should feel very good about the hum kill. Just because the last minute change worked this time doesn't mean it's not stupid as hell. I have years of documented rants about this

I don't need an extended rant, but out of curiosity why do you feel the hum kill wasn't 'good'?

Would you have preferred we have lynched a claimed protective role D1?

ilmucche posted:

I still want to lean moat or toalpaz but they both voted for humalong.

Also more Mafia Dadding for the newbie before I head to bed: Scum throw shade/votes at their teammates in a term called 'bussing'
It allows them to build 'town cred' and blend in with the crowd.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

You lean town after a reread just now? How did you feel about him at the end of d1 is more my question

Same answer. Nothing in his 3 posts D2 has persuaded me otherwise.

Moatillata posted:

Also I may be a bit biased but I think your case and vote on me are p lame

You seem intently focused on Kashuno and I for some reasaon D2.

Moatillata posted:

I would like inf to check in too

Why were you interested in what I had to say D2?

If you're accusing me of something or are wanting me to answer one of your questions, I'd like you to be direct about it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

There's a big habit in this community of doing nothing all day, slowly building momentum on legitimate cases, and then all of a sudden a few hours to deadline there's a flurry of activity and everyone pivots to someone new, and it rarely works out.

Secondly, it tends to not be good to kill scum D1. I know that seems counterintuitive, but look at what we learned yesterday; not much. We have no history or solid interactions with hum to look at, whereas if Sandwolf died and flipped town at least we could look at the people voting him and catch a few there. That's also why I don't like the last minute switch, regardless of who it kills it throws out a solid day of work from everyone and at best puts us back at square one the next day.

While I 100% agree with you on hating the ever living gently caress out of waiting until 5min until deadline to hammer every single time, I think it's unfair to suggest there's no data to digest from the switch.

I'm currently voting Moat based on their interactions at the end of D1

Retro Futurist posted:

I also find it pretty hard to believe that we have three markers and none of them know how their power works, I'm ok with circl today to see a flip

As I said above I'd be ok with Circl for a flip, but I'd prefer Moat; which is where my casing is focused atm.
The reasoning as you've stated is where I'm at, and I feel out of the claimed Marker roles Circl pings my gut the hardest.

The marks being an unquantifiable factor isn't great news for town, and I feel one of them isn't revealing all of the info about the role.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are you a tracker or watcher?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also it was very blatantly obvious to me that you were trying to get me to admit to something regarding Kashuno.

Moatillata posted:

I would like inf to check in too

Moatillata posted:

Kash how you feeling?

Moatillata posted:

Inf, when you have the time can you tell me your thoughts on Kash

Moatillata posted:

You lean town after a reread just now? How did you feel about him at the end of d1 is more my question

Explain your logic in fishing for a claim from myself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Thats why I wanted sandwolfs flavor because it's pretty detailed and if he was faking something it would show

lol get knicked.
First you're fishing for info about Sandwolf's flavour, and now you're fishing for info on why I visited Kashuno last night.

And I really really hate the position that you've put me in, and it stinks of scum searching for a specific role/ flavour name.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You are blatantly fishing for a claim from me at this point, and you are 100% scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf, did you visit Kashuno last night?

I don't care if you visited somebody else.