Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Moatillata posted:

Reading OPs is like washing your hands after using the bathroom

More important than ever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I remember

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Humalong posted:

This was never a thing, who are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLf9q36UsBk&t=33s

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hello friends, I am in this game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

Literally everyone knows that you should never split up in horror movies.

So why would you suggest this, unless you are the monster???

##vote Bifauxnen

If you don't split up, the plot never progresses, I mean, a couple of people might die, but you get a much better movie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

ilmucche posted:

How's somberbrero writing to us if they disappeared huh?

Please don't leave me alone. I'm new and scared.

Just do the opposite of what I do and you'll do great.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Right, if it's a trap, that means it's the plot and you have to follow the plot

Precisely! You know what happens if you piss off the omniscient narrator.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

At this point, I think watching a horror movie where the protagonists don't do incredibly stupid things and just clown on the killer would be hilarious.

Genre aware horror can be fantastic.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You enter a room with two mafia players, one always lies, the other always tells the truth.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

other than Cabin in the Woods can you name something!

The security dude from get out was genre aware. It's been done better in books though. Usually comedy, Terry Pratchett did something with it in one of his discworld books I'm pretty sure.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyone with real Mafia skills knows it's stupid to cop me instead of a lurker though

N0 we are all lurkers. Makes you think.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Moatillata posted:

Look at this joker who cant even bbcode properly

Are you?
  • A) A joker
  • B) A smoker
  • c) A midnight toker

Select all that apply

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Infinitum posted:

It's an ice cream. All the cinemas are shut due to ~The Rona~ so my local independent wanted to get rid of some stock, so I bought half a box on the cheap.
So now I can go to the movies at home.

https://i.imgur.com/Jach5Ew.mp4

Also TIL that Choc-tops are an Aussie thing, and I have to explain what they are :v:

How big are they? They look like one biters and that would be awesome. If they are bigger then it is boring I guess.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

##vote infinitum for realsies

yall think I should read my role pm?

Reading is for chumps. That's the real reason they closed all of the schools.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Moatillata posted:

Bif can you please tell me if youre scum, time permitting

Time permitting of course. You want to know if he is trying to murder you, you aren't trying to be rude.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have had my first virtual passover sedar and am several glasses of wine deep. There will be no real posting or reading tonight.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

poo poo, deadline is tomorrow, ok, I should at least read if not make lasting decisions.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dmboogie posted:

drunk posting is the best posting it's day one what do you have to lose

Is it still against forum rules?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

grandi, yami, and retro are probably lurkiest right now, be happy to vote any of them, especially grandi he seems to be the most active usually

This is a bad post, not just because it summoned me. But because the game has been open 24 hours. Short deadline not withstanding. We are barely switching into real game from jokephase. Especially since he is zeroing in on me, known mafia superstar.

I like the newbie's play, it feels natural, none of the nerves I'd expect from a first timer's scumgame.

I don't like Hum for these

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wait a minute how do you know there’s a monster? Do you know something we don’t? ##vote Yami

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote hal lunch all liars

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lmao “nah idk what it does but here goes nothing”

The goon meta continues

It feels manufactured. The first post seems performative, the last seems like too worried about the mark mechanic thingy. The middle just feels off.

Quick Hits: I like Circl for town, a public action that uses followup to do a thing seems too out of the shadows to be a scum thing. I like DBD for attempting to move the game forward, I liked his post about needing a vote on him to get it up and scum hunt from indignation. I dislike Inf, but I can't put it into words why.

But back to the case thing, ##vote Mr. Humalong

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dmboogie posted:

okay grandicap beat me to the circl read but im not sure i dig his read on hum; calling any joke vote "performative" seems like a complete crapshoot to me, like, he has a point with the third post he highlighted, but the inclusion of the first two makes the whole argument weaker

It was the tone of the joke I didn't like. Like:
A monster?
In my vagina?
It's more likely than you may think.

It just feels like fake indignation. Still a joke, but the tone comes from the wrong direction.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But I lied, I'm both posting and reading.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote hum is being nice to me so I will not vote him today...

Don't like this post. And not just because it is unvoting the person I am voting. Being nice is not a town tell. Unvoting a nice person is a scum tell of someone who feels bad about being scum. You know that Hum is a town so you are unvoting him.

Are you a scum again Toalp?

##vote Toalp

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

by that logic scum wouldn't ever vote. :)

That doesn't track at all. People are rarely nice to eachother in mafias. So most people are open targets. You are feeling guilty Toapl, tell me why. I promise to keep it a secret if you are the scum. Scout's honor.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno I'm usually pretty nice

How often do people unvote you because you are nice?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Like, Hum had 2 votes on him, Toapl and me.

Hum gives a light complaint about this:

Mr. Humalong posted:

It feels performative how many people are calling my joke votes performative

Then Toapl unvotes. It's the guilt you see, the crushing guilt of being a scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Toalpaz is not out here feeling guilty, they give no fucks, I'm not buying it

Then why the unvote?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

How was your sedar?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

This looks like a real bandwagony vote to me

Or, and just hear me out. A real good vote on a scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CirclMastr posted:

Can a second vote on a person qualify as bandwagony? (Legit question)

He's a 3rd vote, the most bandwagony of votes. BUT it is a good vote on a good case on a scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now Sandwolf is calling Moat a lurker too?

What gives sandwolf? You are calling out active participants with reads in the thread as lurkers. I don't understand? It is demonstrably false.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

:words:

I’d also vote Grandi or Kash for still effectively not engaging with the game, but these are lurkervotes.

This is from today. You out me in the same breath as Kash.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dmboogie posted:

circl is probably town but that read isnt anything new from anyone

moat and sandwolf both seem kinda bad and im willing to bet one of the two is scum

i dont like any of moat's votes (consistently throwing out a gut scum reading on humalong without any supporting evidence, the toal vote was weird)

sand just feels kinda off, like, calling out active posters as lurkers, calling out active posters for not posting for a while (which is a normal thing that happens)

at the moment im leaning more towards moat ##vote moat

Why do you think it can't be both?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Ah jeez am I considered a lurker now? I really gotta try and do more.

Day 1 is really hard for me these days because I don’t get as worked up and angry in mafia games as I used to, so I don’t really tend to get in as many knockout fights as I would before, and it makes it hard for me to work without a flip to view everything in light of

I'll help. Kashuno, you are a bad person and should feel bad. Mafia is important and you not being as engaged is a sure sign of poor moral character.

Did that make you angry? :argh:

Am I helping?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oooh, dual roles.

I wonder if you have to mark the same person for it to do a thing?
Like launching a nuke from a sub, you both need to turn your key.

But seeing as there are two of them I am less sold on in being a town role than I was before. I had thought before a mark was like painting a target so that someone else could use that target with a night action, so giving the, but with multiple markers the person or people who use that mark will have to decide based on the alleged scumminess or towniness of the marked people.

I'm wondering if Circl knew about the doppelganger stuff, it didn't seem like it based on the way the responded to your flavor question. Why would somber tell one of you and not the other about each other?
I think the way Yami played this is more towny. The flavor questioning, the waiting.
If I were scum and had a mark ability that is at least theoretically pro town, I would want to put it out there early.

I'm now trying to think if it is more likely that the roles are alignment split or not. Gonna reread Circl to see if he is scummy otherwise, because I had discounted them as town with the day action before.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CirclMastr posted:

Nope. All I know is marking suspicious people helps town. I assume there is some town role that somehow investigates marked people.

He is pushing up the pro town aspects here. The DBD mark was not on his vote target, which was a joke vote on Moat. He does not follow up with a DBD vote even though he marks them. The whole thing seems calculated.
##vote CirclMastr

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The first twin we met... WAS EVIL *moustache twirling emoticon*

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why is everyone keying on hated. Both of them have said they don't know what it does. Hated seems like an odd one to settle on. Why not just marking someone allows them to be targeted with investigative actions? That feels like what the word "mark" leans towards more than something immediately harmful to the marked target.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

I thought so too, but with two of them, it seems a little odd. Initially I thought it might be some sort of cop duo thing (which would still be weird because it's a visible day action and all), but with two people? Idk.

I mean, cops can usually target anyone, making it only 1, and a day action prunes the power too much, and allows people to know who the target will be. Giving 2 targets allows there to be some level of choice. Especially if one of them is scum, getting the town powerroles to follow your lead would be fun as hell to play with as a scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have a D&D game tonight starting soon, it is virtual so I will be on my computer so I can interact a bit, but I won't be :f5: