Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Furia posted:

You ever consider that someone disagreeing with you can do so from a rational and informed position and is not, in fact, neither defending the waste of money on toys nor would such defence be based on a personal failing or a desire to get a reaction out of you?

Just making sure you are equipped with the kindergarten technology for your day to day life

or they could be defending fuckin funko pops lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Big Beef City posted:

goons are really weird about getting like this over everything.

funko pops are not something that needs "defending" or being on one side or the other over, and its not something that there has to be a single Correct Opinion about. its not a political or cultural matter. it's not like being for or against Donald Trump. you can own and like funko pops. it's just that if you do, the rest of us, who have taste, are going to point out that they are actually bad.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Oh, the irony

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I wish all funko pops in existence would spontaneously actually pop

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Furia posted:

Oh, the irony

SA was wrong about furries being accepted by relative main stream society, it'll be wrong about Funko Pops too and you'll be the victor once again 'Fur'ia.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Furia posted:

You ever consider that someone disagreeing with you can do so from a rational and informed position and is not, in fact, neither defending the waste of money on toys nor would such defence be based on a personal failing or a desire to get a reaction out of you?

Just making sure you are equipped with the kindergarten technology for your day to day life

I didn't quote him but I was responding to Sleeveless.

quote:

7 years old, stupid child: haha you play with dolls that's gay
37 years old, smart man: I get panic attacks looking at Funko Pops because the idea of people perceiving the world differently than I do threatens me

I was curious so I looked through his rap sheet. You should do the same and come back and tell me he came into this thread with good and reasonable intentions.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
My fursona is a cuttlefish with fur all around it

Also, lol

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Valko posted:

I didn't quote him but I was responding to Sleeveless.

I was curious so I looked through his rap sheet. You should do the same and come back and tell me he came into this thread with good and reasonable intentions.

again, "good and reasonable intentions", like the concept applies. we're not debating whether to bomb Syria here or discussing how healthcare should work. we're dunking on ugly collectible dolls. or we should be

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Testing out my new comedy character, the 40 year-old man who makes fun of people for playing with dolls.

I would legit think these things were less pathetic if people were playing with them in dollhouses or having tea parties or something instead of just stacking them on a shelf, boxed or unboxed

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

If that didn't have the name I would never guess that was Rigby. So somehow that is the worst Pop. Usually I can tell what the gently caress it is at least.

That's the "fun" part, guessing what the hell character it is. Hard mode is TV dramas since it's 100 versions of "man in suit"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8FczB_2WQ

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Hammerite posted:

again, "good and reasonable intentions", like the concept applies. we're not debating whether to bomb Syria here or discussing how healthcare should work. we're dunking on ugly collectible dolls. or we should be

Don't. That guy wanted to derail and start a shitstorm and it seems like he has actually done it. I'm not discussing this anymore.

Anyway lets get back to Funko Pop! Not even Charles Dance or Kurt Cobain can make these things cool:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hammerite posted:

goons are really weird about getting like this over everything.

funko pops are not something that needs "defending" or being on one side or the other over, and its not something that there has to be a single Correct Opinion about. its not a political or cultural matter. it's not like being for or against Donald Trump. you can own and like funko pops. it's just that if you do, the rest of us, who have taste, are going to point out that they are actually bad.

Yeah it's not a big loving deal. We all do poo poo that deserves to be mocked, at least a little bit, and if your Funko Pops are the one thing you truly cannot abide people goofing on then you deserve to be goofed on even further.

I love Warhammer 40k and that's totally lame, I'm not going to lose my poo poo when someone points that out.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Does it come with one with a shotgun

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Tato posted:

These things make the Precious Moments figurines that weird moms collect seem classy and well made in comparison.

lame as obsessively accumulating transformers or my little ponies is or whatever is, I guess at least we can't make fun of it for being some new fad. People have been collecting stupid baubles like big hairy crows for a long time.

Imagine being invited into some gouty fat dork's house in 18th century Dresden only for every available surface to be covered in expensive porcelain clowns and pugs and poo poo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i was trying to find some weird funko pops and now my targeted ads are going to be funco pops for the next month

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

I can kiiinda understand the impulse to have a bunch of figurines of pop-culture characters, but I absolutely do not get wanting them to all look exactly the same, and super loving ugly at that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Squalid posted:

Imagine being invited into some gouty fat dork's house in 18th century Dresden only for every available surface to be covered in expensive porcelain clowns and pugs and poo poo

...yes? ...go on...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Do collectors buy two so they can have one they open and one they leave boxed? I did that with polybagged comics in the 90s sometimes. It turned out to not be the wise investment I thought at the time.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

...yes? ...go on...

you die of cholera. the end.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
A new game show called Funko BOPS!

Contestants are shown incredibly generic Funko pops from random sitcoms and Netflix shows no one watches. They are forced to guess what property the identical looking Funkos come from. Each time they get a wrong answer, they are slugged in the head by a trained MMA fighter. Each correct answer gets them an extra 10 bucks on their monthly Funko allowance.

I mean, who COULDN'T immediately tell you who this beloved pop culture figure is?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Squalid posted:

lame as obsessively accumulating transformers or my little ponies is or whatever is, I guess at least we can't make fun of it for being some new fad. People have been collecting stupid baubles like big hairy crows for a long time.

The Nazis were absolutely obsessed with porcelain figurines, and even dedicated slave labor from camps to the production of porcelain.

Imagine you enter a failed artists house. He has walls of figures on display, he likes dogs more than people and won't shut up about his political views. He is unhealthily nostalgic for the times of his youth and loves cartoons.

Are you in Hitlers house or your average Funko Pop collectors house? It is impossible to tell.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

PinheadSlim posted:

The Nazis were absolutely obsessed with porcelain figurines, and even dedicated slave labor from camps to the production of porcelain.

Imagine you enter a failed artists house. He has walls of figures on display, he likes dogs more than people and won't shut up about his political views. He is unhealthily nostalgic for the times of his youth and loves cartoons.

Are you in Hitlers house or your average Funko Pop collectors house? It is impossible to tell.

C-SPAMMER's house, which plays nicely into the idea that neomarxists are just nazis painted red, and there is no difference between the right and left.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Glad to know WW2 would’ve never happened if Hitler had Funko Pops to distract him.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Glad to know WW2 would’ve never happened if Hitler had Funko Pops to distract him.

This one ist mein favorite

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Tato posted:

A new game show called Funko BOPS!

Contestants are shown incredibly generic Funko pops from random sitcoms and Netflix shows no one watches. They are forced to guess what property the identical looking Funkos come from. Each time they get a wrong answer, they are slugged in the head by a trained MMA fighter. Each correct answer gets them an extra 10 bucks on their monthly Funko allowance.

I mean, who COULDN'T immediately tell you who this beloved pop culture figure is?

OK who is it?

I still kinda want the Guy Fieri funco pop and let it hang out in my kitchen though.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I like my Tuliphead pop. It has a hidden smiley face!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Looking at that makes me itchy

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Dont Touch ME posted:

Looking at that makes me itchy

That's another bonus.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mega64 posted:

They found three pieces of Disney fan art that Hitler drew and it turned out he traced them from a book. That's exactly the dude I expect to be into Funko Pops.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
I wonder if they made a funkopop of coralines mom but couldn't tell if it was the evil one or not

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

numberoneposter posted:

OK who is it?

I still kinda want the Guy Fieri funco pop and let it hang out in my kitchen though.

looks like young Ray Liotta.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

This one is apparently worth well over ten thousand dollars.
So you know, they're investments
:suicide101:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

appy polly loggies

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

care for a bit a the ol' looky-looky-no-touchy, eh?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I'm kinda getting the feeling that the people who dislike funko pops are just as insufferable as the people who do like them

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dragonstoned posted:

I'm kinda getting the feeling that the people who dislike funko pops are just as insufferable as the people who do like them

The people who don't really care are also mostly insufferable too. ;)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Everyone's a loser bhabhi.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Because of this thread I know and care more about funco pops than before this thread.

My conclusion is that I'm going to get a hold of the guy fieri funco pop.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

numberoneposter posted:

Because of this thread I know and care more about funco pops than before this thread.

My conclusion is that I'm going to get a hold of the guy fieri funco pop.

You should I kinda like it too. Guy fieri, so awesome even his funko pop doesn't completely suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Valko posted:

Don't. That guy wanted to derail and start a shitstorm and it seems like he has actually done it. I'm not discussing this anymore.

Anyway lets get back to Funko Pop! Not even Charles Dance or Kurt Cobain can make these things cool:

Wonder how Kurt Cobain would feel about these.