Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Playing through this again with zero load times, 1080p, locked 60fps is like a new game. They did the remaster right. Even the picture in picture stuff is adapted fairly well. There are some other changes Iíve noticed as well, they break out the ďmystery bonusĒ score and thereís a new popup that spells out what level a weapon is at when you unlock a new move. And I donít think you had to buy multi morphs in the original release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

They also made it much much more obvious that you should buy dodge and block right away, thereís a huge pop up after the first mission and they only cost 10 parts each now

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mancalamania posted:

I'd also like to know this, and if/how health gets replenished? It seems like sometimes I'll just randomly heal mid-battle and I don't really know what triggers it.

Occasionally healing items will drop mid battle from enemies, theyíre called wonderful soup. If you run out of dudes hold down the run button and go pick them up. Same if you run out of energy, just run around until it recharges. This game is more about resource management than Bayonetta or even mgr

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Another note on energy and health, if you buy the cheapest custom block (energy converter?) it converts those random health pickups to energy if you're already at full health and vice versa.

If you have any sort of PC from the last eight years you should be able to run this game, my venerable GTX970 runs it at 4K with constant 60fps. They put a graphics memory usage estimate in the settings menu, at that resolution it's only using ~800MB vram. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support higher refresh rates but I'm not going to complain, it's still smooth as hell.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah see my previous posts

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

abraxas posted:

Can anyone tell me what the "Full Automatic" Custom Block that you apparently just get as your first Custom Block does? I'm too stupid to find out apparently, and google isn't really helping. Is that a Custom Block they added just for the Remaster?

I equipped it because I have nothing else to go in that slot for now but I'd like to know what the dealio is because it doesn't seem to do anything obvious.

I think that's basically the "accessibility" option so you can play with one hand or just button mash. Platinum is well regarded for including those options

One think I don't like with the remaster is you buy multi morphs individually now, I.e. you pay 300k for one multi morph, 500k for the second one. It's probably to prevent newcomers from instantly draining all their energy but the cost is steep

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Tried out kb/mouse for shits and this game has the most Japanese rear end default control scheme. R is main menu, middle mouse is team attack, hold alt for wonder liner. If you hit ESC because every other game in the world uses that for main menu it makes the game windowed

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

UnintelGen posted:

I haven't hosed around with controller configs this much since playing Ground Zeroes with my Steam Controller, which while I like well enough has been gathering dust for the most part. I know people have been using it for W101, the drawing is definitely one of those niche cases where the Steam Controller edges out a stick, but I prefer my arcade stick and it'll probably be the way I play through W101 on Steam until my Switch version arrives.

Where have you heard about people using their steam controllers? I tried to set mine up under the same logic you have here but the games mouse support is extremely janky and it was impossible to use, I'd be curious to know if someone got it working

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

UnintelGen posted:

Admittedly I'm only talking about a single reddit post. (here)

Guy is apparently in the 101 Discord. (Cause someone else was asking the same thing, regarding the Steam Controller.)

Don't think he posted yet, but if he does he could probably tell you how he did it. Also he should post his config, but I'm not sure Steam makes those public while the game is unavailable.

Mouse input is bugged on my end too, but I assumed that was another Linux related bug. The wonder liner won't register right inputs, only left up and down.

Edit: he posted the config in the comments

Try that

Thanks I'll check it out when I get the chance. The mouse is very poorly implemented in Windows too, it acts like a real mouse pointer in that at some point it hits the edge of the "screen" (which does not coincided with the actual game viewport) and you can't continue drawing the wonder liner in that direction until you move the "pointer" back the other direction, it's basically useless.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Social Animal posted:

Which upgrade is worth using the credit card for? Ukemi? Just looking for the highest price item with the most positive benefit.

Really depends on how you like to play. I've never been able to get ukemi timing down so I use a credit card for the parry, but if you want more damage output buying more multi morphs is the way to go. You should have enough materials to get two credit cards by mission 5 if you explore levels so don't feel the need to hoard them.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Seedge posted:

Can you change difficulty ingame? I've gotten to the end of Operation 001 on Normal but I kinda wanna drop it down because while I'm enjoying the story and comedy, the actual gameplay just feels messy and unfun to me. It just isn't clicking yet, and I wanna see more of the game before I give up on it.

Equip the easy automatic custom block

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'm curious how the switch performance is for people that got a switch digital version. I should eventually get a switch physical copy.

here's probably more info than you were asking for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOCR4pdwuo. apparently performance is better in handheld mode than docked because the docked rendering target is 1080p vs. 720 handheld.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I can now confirm that Unite Charge is loving awesome and worth it. Speed Charge is also vital, although I saved up for that one.

Unite Tombstone is awesome, too. But Unite Ball... I keep finding that I accidentally activate it a lot, and it eliminates your i-frames from unite spring and generally seems to suck. Am I crazy?

ball is just for utility (unless you start using spike ball for style points), you can use it to move quickly when holding an enemy weapon and to recover on the teeter-totter sections. i never accidentally activate it though, you can't re-use spring until the animation finishes and it isn't lightning fast so you should try to be more deliberate with the dodge inputs

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Assuming you know you can block their claw and jump attacks I'm not sure what else there is to do

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

anyone else unable to not end an air combo with a tombstone? one of the most satisfying moves ever made. kamiya managed to outdo wicked weaves

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

game owns

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

some of the hard-difficulty secret missions are ridiculous. the one where youre not allowed to unite morph was fun to figure out

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

L1/R1 are zoom out/in but you have to hold them for a second.

For vorkken you should equip dodge mines, they scatter his dudes effectively. He's a very tough fight and tests everything you've learned (and he cheats a little) so good luck,it's extremely satisfying when you manage to beat him.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

speaking of poor explanations, in case anyone else was wondering about this, ukemi does not just apply to lethal damage as per the description but damage of any sort

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How does Hero Counter work? Is it any good? The description is very vague.

Itís essential. You push the stick in the direction of an oncoming attack and it negates all damage and counter-attacks with the largest form of whatever unite you have equipped. It's the secret to making turtles a pushover. If you've played Bayonetta it's the moon of mahaa kalaa

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Is it like a SF3 parry where you need to push the direction within a timing window?

Yes but it's not super tight as far as I can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

redreader posted:

I own this on the Wii u and didn't get very far. Are the PC/switch remasters so much better, or should I pay it on the Wii u?

Firstly itís a remaster in name only. I think all of the assets are the same, the effects are the same. That being said playing it at 1080 60fps is such an improvement I would absolutely recommend a purchase on PC