Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Hell yes I love this game and now I can play it without load times. Backed for a physical switch copy, was planning on getting it on Steam too but now I don't have to worry about that! Installed it on my SSD and I can't even do anything in the combat sim loading screens because they disappear too quickly

It's weird, cause the load times weren't something I really noticed in the Wii U version, but as soon as I started playing on my PC today I noticed how much faster it was, going from like 20-30 second load times to 2-3 seconds.

mancalamania posted:

I'd also like to know this, and if/how health gets replenished? It seems like sometimes I'll just randomly heal mid-battle and I don't really know what triggers it.

When you level up your max health increases a little and you heal to full. You can also use items with the D-pad to heal and recharge energy if you need it.

Xad fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fist: Does the most damage, but shields/bouncy enemies will cause you to recoil
Sword: Slightly less damage but can cut through Jelly enemies and a lot of other things opening them up to fist
Gun: Good for distance enemies, it's big draw is that it can catch some projectiles and fire them back. One of the least useful ones but eh.
Whip: Long range version of sword. I actually don't remember using it too much because it's kind of slow.
Hammer: Insanely slow but almost nothing can defend itself from it and it's the big damage weapon. It speeds up with more skills you get and it's stinger is great.
Claws: Can rip open enemy defenses (specific enemies require it) and it's insanely fast. Can freeze enemies but does really low damage. It's fun to switch to once you get drawing it down.
Bomb: Literally just a combo tool. Probably the best weapon in the game as it freezes enemies completely in vulnerable states for long periods of time so you don't have to worry about foes defending themselves or recovering.

Gun is one of the most useful weapons! It attaches people to enemies like your regular team attack, but once you get the Stinger you can do it rapid-fire to keep up your combo and stun enemies faster, it's extremely important for getting high ranks on harder difficulties.

Also the whip isn't just the long range sword. It can attack spiky things without recoiling, and can grab and throw stunned enemies

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Social Animal posted:

Every time I pull out the gun it's a stupid slow rocket launcher. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why I have that sometimes and why I have the handgun.

It's weapon size that determines it, if you want the pistol draw a small shape, bigger shape gives you the sniper which is usually less useful afaik

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Jenny Agutter posted:

anyone else unable to not end an air combo with a tombstone? one of the most satisfying moves ever made. kamiya managed to outdo wicked weaves

why would you ever not do that

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Attacking Vorkken's guys can help, since his morphs work the same way yours do--they can only be as big/powerful as the amount of guys he has to morph with. Other than that, my general strategy is to just wait until he does hammer/punch and guts, then counterattack. Remember if HE uses guts he almost always uses a whip cyclone attack immediately after, so don't be anywhere near him.

Unrelated to the above, but I did recently find out that L1 + Left stick down zooms the camera out (and R1 + right stick up zooms in) which makes a lot of fights way more readable, and I'm pretty sure this isn't in the controls menu

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

I thought it did say somewhere that L1 and R1 zoom out in respectively somewhere.

Also for Vorken I am still not sure what the answer for the boomerang morph is, other than bugging out and jumping.

For that specific attack I usually double jump and then dodge, but there might be a better way to handle it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

MorningMoon posted:

I think ultimately the game's largest flaw is that it doesn't explain itself very well.

Yeah, this is basically the problem with every Platinum game