Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Magna Kaser posted:

Playing remastered so far, I do feel Gun and Whip are tutorialized way better than hand or sword.

Platinum‘s never been good at teaching people how to play their games, MGR is another infamous one in this regard, but I've always felt this game especially was hurt due to that.

Wonderful 101 straight up doesn’t tell you some things, but MGR does that and sometimes even the things it tells you are worthless. I still know people who couldn’t figure out how to parry based on the tutorial they gave, and the vast majority of players I talked to didn’t know you could cut off Sundowner’s shield - so they missed the game teaching them to cut through multiple points (and ate poo poo when Armstrong started throwing rocks.)

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm sorry but your friends are dumb. The game literally freezes in place and forces you how to learn to do these things. You can't get mad at a game if you skip a tutorial, and using Blade Mode on specific body parts is something every human size boss asks you to do and rewards you for.

I’m not referring to my friends, I’m referring to goons.

The game rewards you for slicing off body parts but there’s little to no indication that you can cut up Sundowner’s shield (and in fact plenty more that you can’t.) A significant chunk, if not the majority of players, thought you just had to get behind him.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

I can confirm that unfortunately performance tanked unbelievably for me in docked mode while I fought Laambo. I can only imagine how bad Vorkken gets.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

redreader posted:

I own this on the Wii u and didn't get very far. Are the PC/switch remasters so much better, or should I pay it on the Wii u?

Get it on PC unless you really want it portable, the Switch version’s performance is barely better. Skip the Wii U version if you can.