Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm glad I backed this kickstarter and would do so again. I'm sure the steam version will run better than the switch port anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I visited my parents recently and was able to play my old copy on the Wii U. I have no idea how I beat this game the first time around :psyduck:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I redeemed my key but couldn't really download because I was working. I'm downloading now though.

I very much appreciate that the file size of the game isn't as stupid as Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Xad posted:

It's weird, cause the load times weren't something I really noticed in the Wii U version, but as soon as I started playing on my PC today I noticed how much faster it was, going from like 20-30 second load times to 2-3 seconds. :pcgaming:

The ssd is probably helping but I would assume they did some optimizations under the hood since the wii u release.

edit: can't do the training sim stuff myself and I'm on a old hard drive. this game is lightning smooth.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 8, 2020

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

Aside from the obvious changes resulting from the Wii U Game Pad not being a thing anymore, has anything changed from the Wii U version? The Kickstarter and official product description seemed to imply some sort of QoL tweaks, at least ("Hideki Kamiya, director of The Wonderful 101, has supervised this remaster and added numerous improvements to ensure that this game can be more easily and thoroughly enjoyed by all and on various platforms, and with improved visuals, framerate, and loading time for an enhanced experience on all fronts"), but I'm not sure those were ever specified anywhere

Well the PC port is basically the same as the wii U except no touch screen obviously and a buttery smooth framerate. Seriously they still have the picture in picture function for doing those sections inside.

as someone else mentioned they reduced the cost of guts and dodge, from like 2000 coins each to 10 each, or something like that. Maybe there's more changes further in.

abraxas posted:

Can anyone tell me what the "Full Automatic" Custom Block that you apparently just get as your first Custom Block does? I'm too stupid to find out apparently, and google isn't really helping. Is that a Custom Block they added just for the Remaster?

I equipped it because I have nothing else to go in that slot for now but I'd like to know what the dealio is because it doesn't seem to do anything obvious.

As far as I can tell that's a new inclusion? I don't remember it on OG Wonderful 101. It might make it easier to do the combos.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Man this game is almost a decade old, maybe I shouldn't be surprised that it runs so well

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Social Animal posted:

Thanks for the info, I’m hyped up for these other weapons. Oh yeah and what about the attack where your followers all attack? The damage seems low but I noticed enemies get this hula hoop around them when I use it.

The whole game gives me Viewtiful Joe vibes and that was a game I had a tough time getting the hang of also.

That attack is pretty useful for stunning enemies to get the smackdown on them with the fist.

stev posted:

I really wish you could just use the Switch touch screen instead of the analogue sticks for the different transformations. It feels really fiddly and I'm terrible at doing it quickly in a pinch.

It took me about 10 attempts to make a triangle instead of a circle with the drat joycon stick.

Cannot imagine playing this on a joycon, pro controller all the way.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Pretty sure the gun unite is the only one that does that, everything else just makes a bigger fist/sword/whip/whatever.

edit: something I think the game doesn't tell you is that you can swap to any character in your party at any time. This is worth doing because each of the wonderful 101 can level up. leveling up your wonderful 101 gives you more space for custom blocks. custom blocks are how you break the game over your knee. There are also other unite morphs beyond the core ones you unlock in the normal story progression which I won't spoil but you can look up a guide elsewhere on.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 10, 2020

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Depending on setting you played on cutting those rocks are way harder.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Social Animal posted:

Which upgrade is worth using the credit card for? Ukemi? Just looking for the highest price item with the most positive benefit.

attack liner is really good. Ukemi is great if you can nail the timing, as someone already said.

UnintelGen posted:

Admittedly I'm only talking about a single reddit post. (here)

Guy is apparently in the 101 Discord. (Cause someone else was asking the same thing, regarding the Steam Controller.)

Don't think he posted yet, but if he does he could probably tell you how he did it. Also he should post his config, but I'm not sure Steam makes those public while the game is unavailable.

Mouse input is bugged on my end too, but I assumed that was another Linux related bug. The wonder liner won't register right inputs, only left up and down.

Edit: he posted the config in the comments :doh:

Try that
I took a crack at using the steam controller with this game and I don't think it works. You need to do some tight turns with the stick to get the forms right in some cases, I struggled to do it with the touch pad.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm curious how the switch performance is for people that got a switch digital version. I should eventually get a switch physical copy.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I haven't gotten to that point in the remaster yet but I remember them being very weak to the hammer morph

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is Unite Charge worth using my credit card on?

Edit: you can’t get more than one credit card, right? That seems too good.

I think as long as you can find the ingredients you can make as many as you want.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I played the original, it generally wasn't worth it you take your hand off the gamepad to draw the morph you wanted.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I wonder when we'll get the additional Luka campaigns that was promised in the kickstarter.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

"This game is great but doesn't explain itself well" is actually a description of every Platinum Game

edit: beaten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah it plays like a dream on PC. We're eventually getting more game content as well with the remaster.