Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lord Lambeth posted:

I wonder when we'll get the additional Luka campaigns that was promised in the kickstarter.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's super late in the year. They kinda opened their second studio in the worst possible time.

I'm getting this tomorrow on my base-PS4. Has anyone gotten to endgame parts on that yet? The digital foundry video made the performance seem OK for the most part, but i'm worried that struggling with some early parts mean it's still not gonna play great when all the insanity of hte final missions kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The one thing i'm missing from the gamepad is being able to check the leaders' XP on the fly.

Played the first proper level on PS4, god, it's all coming back and it's so good.

Oh yeah, and hte prologue didn't go so well for me
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1262885894148755460

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 20, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Every day i'm thankful of ChipCheezum's lp. I learned to much stuff from it over the years, and refreshing on it when I'm struggling is letting me really get the hang of the game.

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1264566140086497281

I think ultimately the game's largest flaw is that it doesn't explain itself very well. There's a ton of systems for you to discover in the middle of high-speed super-stylish battle, including basic camera (if I didn't remember i could zoom out from the Wii U version, I'd probably stay with the default one and be sad) but goddamn is it worth watching supplemental material that explain that stuff. There are so many options to feel powerful.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Beat it the other night. Felt really good to get an average of gold this time around. Spent a couple hours today unlocking the 14 wonderful ones i missed, and getting one of the secret sets (the ones in the flashback, because gently caress doing 006-B again anytime soon)

Hopefully the game carries over to the PS5 so I can boot it up again in the future with locked 60 and get a full replay with everything unlocked. Then I'll probably try hard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

All those remixes after an hour were pretty cool

Vorkken Mode announced

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 20, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gonna gripe for a sec

Time attack is neat, but its been a year. Next time I boot up the game it'll be for a full playthrough and I doubt I'll look into the time leaderboards.
Still nothing on the 2D Missions content stuff. I'm not like clamoring for it, but it's still something I technically paid for...
...and that Vorkken DLC better be free for backers. But also... kinda why? Again, its been a year. Love The Wonderful 101 but with everything on Platinum's plate, it's kinda insane that they made a new moveset for a year+ after launch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

1 dollar is a pretty sick price for that, i'll bite

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Everyone check your e-mails, the remastered album is out

you know, that album from the kickstarter, with like eight rearrangements

yeah!

anyway they got loving Rushdem & Diamonds back for one of them holy loving poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szWGNlrjjHc

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is anything else still coming? Are they still working on DLC?

quote:

Please enjoy and look forward to more updates about the remaining rewards in a future update,
i guess it'll randomly show up in 2023 if this album two years later is any indication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Absolutely. Like, at the end of the day all I wanted was Wonderful 101 in my PS5 ready to be played at any time, and they delivered that, but it feels like it's a weight on their neck to finish delivering stuff, and if I had paid the extra I'd be miffed on not getting stuff over two years later.

But I have to admit loving "THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLDONDERFUL 101" is a sick thing to exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5xHsYIroCI