Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Really want this, but need to see what kind of control implementations they have, they've been really silent on what that will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I want the drawing option, just wondering if they've modernised it to be used one handed with a stylus like Pikmin 3, which would be ideal.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

stev posted:

I really wish you could just use the Switch touch screen instead of the analogue sticks for the different transformations. It feels really fiddly and I'm terrible at doing it quickly in a pinch.

It took me about 10 attempts to make a triangle instead of a circle with the drat joycon stick.

Think of it like a fighting game not so much skate, and almost tap the stick per direction. Also don't forget that time slows down when drawing so don't panic, just redraw. And if I'm thinking of the part you're on, the glider, certain sections are just really finicky.

But it's news that you can't use the touch screen, might not grab the game for a while now.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 9, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Social Animal posted:

Thanks for the info, I’m hyped up for these other weapons. Oh yeah and what about the attack where your followers all attack? The damage seems low but I noticed enemies get this hula hoop around them when I use it.

The whole game gives me Viewtiful Joe vibes and that was a game I had a tough time getting the hang of also.

If you use the standard attack button, yi think, you do a pikmin like attack where your wondas will stick to an enemy, slowing them and sometimes disrupting attacks. I think you also get a multiplier fit every attack that hits that enemy as well.

There's also the multi unite, where you throw out an automated unite attack that you can't control but can immediately follow up with a another unite.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I loved drawing on the screen and felt it elevated the concept of the game beyond simple inversion of a character action game into a proper sentai game where you acted out the power call outs. Plus drawing slowed down the game speed so you weren't ever really needing to hurry with inputs.

I'm also left handed so it was easier for me to do both. Though this was my fiancee's first action game and she can multi unite with the screen so i dunno. It missing is the main reason i haven't picked the game up.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 18, 2020