Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So, uh, the world's kinda gone to poo poo right now. We're all locked in our homes, going nuts from cabin fever, and there's very little good news at the moment. Things will almost certainly get worse before they get better.

Which is why I need PSP more than ever these days.

In normal times we'd mock the idea of people embracing a dead gay comedy forum as a much-needed therapeutic release -- certainly not in the wrestling subforum, which built up a notorious reputation over the years. But for obvious reasons, these are not normal times, and over the past month I've seen an incredible amount of love and support for each other as we all try to deal with the COVID-19 crisis in our own unique ways. Whether that's reliving old memories, discovering great matches you haven't seen before, or just shitposting about WWE's usual nonsense, it's all brought a smile to my face and countless others.

So in that spirit, I want to celebrate the community with a positive thread challenge -- Name 3 PSP posters and say something nice about them. There are no hard-and-fast rules here, so if you wanna get ironic and sing the praises of Eat My Fuc, go right ahead. But for the most part, I hope to create a stronger community bond and build genuine friendships. Even on this dead gay comedy forum.

I'll start off with my 3 picks.

Rarity: Just a pure joy. Whether it's thirsting over SANADA or burying 80s WWF, Rarity has an irresistible energy in every post she makes, and makes you excited to talk about things no matter how good or bad they are.

STAC Goat: Maybe they haven't reached the point of total nihilism that I have yet, but I always love Goat's rants on trying to make sense of WWE booking, and they stay fair with plenty of well-argued criticisms of AEW. The thinking man's favorite poster.

The Artist Formerly Known as LividLiquid -- I'm sorry I still can't remember your new username. :( For newbies, she's the one with the couch av. Either way, I respect the gently caress out of her for taking strong stances and never backing down, even against forum popular opinion. She's been through a lot of poo poo and proudly wears it on her sleeve. We both live in Washington so if the opportunity ever comes, I'd love to buy her a drink and listen to her rant about lovely TNA booking.

So that's my 3 posters, even though there are like 30 I want to gush about that's the game, fuckos. So choose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I choo choo choose chris james 2, who is much better at being the backstage inside knowledge-haver than the person who is not allowed to post here anymore. When he knows something he tells you, and he doesn't get smug about it, and he doesn't get stupid about it, and he's not a fuckin jerk. cj2 #1

Next up I vote blaise330, who posts good and posts often, and has good jokes

Third I vote shiksa, who knows a bunch about wrestlers I've never seen before like Asuka, and has told me things about them

That's it, no irony or bullshit, I wish your thread well pal

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

LividLiquid is female? I had no idea.

Okay, my three:

Jerusalem because he puts up with so much poo poo from us, and has the incredibly unenviable job of writing up all of WWE's terrible weekly shows.

Eat My Fuc for taking over rovert's mantle of PSP Resident Dickhead and WWE Bootlicker Extraordinaire. At least his posts are somewhat entertaining.

Chris James 2 is a really cool and knowledgeable poster, and I enjoy reading his posts a lot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m is cool. haunted bong? pretty cool. Nien Nunb does a good hug. cool as well

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
You probably all have a reasonable standard of personal hygiene.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

handsome only face for being a major factor in increasing njpw's popularity here

massrafter for being the best poster

not hulkamatt because he gassed the "I LIED" thread instead of goldmining it

yea ok for being rly funny even though nobody ever seems to notice

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI is a cool dude who has somehow acquired the mystical power of exquisite taste in pro wrestling as well as infinite knowledge of it, especially when it comes to joshi. Highly recommended as a drinking buddy at 3 AM in New Year’s Day in Tokyo or if you just need to know where to start watching just about any Japanese promotion

Raeg doesn’t post often but is in real life a mega friendly and smart fellow who you can just have a good time with while walking around and getting slightly lost. I have had nothing but precious coffee moments with him

Thauros is like legit one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Just a total sweetheart! Also diligently keeps the NJPW thread up to date. Excellent person everyone should have the chance to hang out with!!!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:shobon: I like pretty much everybody.

Except writer cath because she has a cute dog she doesn't post enough.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Foochs is good people and has dealt with far more than he or anyone should ever have to.

ABigFatBunny is ultra chill and enjoys hilarious rasslin gifs and animal crossing

Toffile/explodedmummy is hilarious and drew a lovely picture on my bulletin board

CBJSprague is a lovely fellow Ohioan and aviation nerd who often reminds me about MRT's shows

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Shoutout to Edge & Christian for making informative posts with lots of interesting stats about wrestling matches. They seem very knowledgeable about wrestling and I feel they don't get the recognition they deserve.

Gavok for all his great wrestling histories, lists and PPV writeups. He does a great job wading through the muck to find the nuggets worth watching.

David Bix for his prolific wrassling journalism output. I almost never watch WWE but I like reading about everything they do wrong and he does a great job covering it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jerusalem watches WWE so we don't have to and I respect that.

Rarity is the only scoopster this subforum has ever needed.

Cavauro is the only good poster

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem banished rovert and for that we are eternally grateful

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Cavauro is the only good poster

Jerusalem is awesome.
Coconono makes me laugh, also good.

Fad fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 4, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem and Junpei Hyde and Liquid Communism are great mods
Massrafter and Super No Vacancy are the best
Gumball Gumption and OJ MIST 2 THE DICK are great
SalTheBard, Mr. Nice, dangersim and coconono are fun
Benne's always a delight whether it's here or the football sub
The Cameo, OctoberCountry, flashy_mcflash and That DICK! have been delights here and in CSPAM
Bix is very knowledgeable and I'm glad he has an account here
I love mekchu's UFC thread OPs
Memento and mewse have always been my fav MMA posters from day 1 of being here; even when I fell out of paying attention to the daily runnings of things in the sport, coming back every now and then and seeing they're still around being great rules

edit: also I love the people who mentioned me here :cry:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 4, 2020

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I've met up with a handful of posters before and after shows and every one of them have been real good people. Shoutouts to LobsterMobster, Mr. Nice, Dangersim, Oatgan, and Super No Vacancy for sharing good times with a stranger from the Internet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh I met Von Linus at an OTT show, he’s great! I hope he’s keeping safe

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I love to have fun on here.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E, Strenuous Manflurry, oatgan, sticky nate, Bluedeanie, Bardley Maddox, epitasis, the shaman of cum, MRT, <3<3 Cavauro <3<3, iron mike spears, you're all some of the best friends I've made in my life and I love you all so much. You've improved my life so much for the better.

I don't think that The Water Melon Gun likes me very much but I think they're incredibly funny and I like when they roast me.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:shobon: I like pretty much everybody.

Except writer cath because she has a cute dog she doesn't post enough.

:mad:

Jerusalem: You put up with so much of our crap. And your GIF making skills haven't been forgotten

Rarity: Thanks for bringing the horny.

Shout out to all of you for being able to talk wrasslin' without personal attacks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like pretty much everybody. Thanks to everyone who continues to be supportive to me on a personal basis as well. It warms my heart.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cavauro makes the most splendid posts, and the amount of care he puts into every post shines through. I'm pushing this guy as a main eventer every time.

Rick is a great fella to have in your midcard. he shows up, he puts in the work, puts in that grind, and you can throw him in there in any thread, any situation, and he will bring you some quality posts.

I read the UFC threads more than the wrestling threads these days so my third nice thing is about mewse, who is great at posting the thoughts that I often have but never express via post

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

omg :kimchi:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

Cavauro makes the most splendid posts, and the amount of care he puts into every post shines through. I'm pushing this guy as a main eventer every time.

Rick is a great fella to have in your midcard. he shows up, he puts in the work, puts in that grind, and you can throw him in there in any thread, any situation, and he will bring you some quality posts.

I read the UFC threads more than the wrestling threads these days so my third nice thing is about mewse, who is great at posting the thoughts that I often have but never express via post

You called Rick a good hand, which means he's gonna wrap a chair around your head

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 4, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love it when people post pictures of their dogs :3:

Also their cats and birds and hamsters and whatever other pets they have. :hellyeah:

Love you all :)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

LobsterMobster is my favorite person here and would do anything for anybody, anytime, if it was in her power to do so

coconono is fearlessly always horny on main on Twitter and can hang in any IWA-MS parking lot pregame/postgame

oatgan is cool and showed me the greatest match I've ever seen, some insane Dragon Gate 6-way in a cage where the faction members outside are whipping Gatorade bottles at people and whacking them in the rear end with planks of wood

Super No Vacancy is the goon I've always wanted to hang out with at a wrestling show

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I can't count how many times I have laughed until my head hurt at some stack of jokes in the UFC thread.

I don't know what it is about MMA that makes it such a fertile ground for comedy but it's likely how insanely stupid most of the fighters are

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mob posted:

Super No Vacancy is the goon I've always wanted to hang out with at a wrestling show

I've done this, he made fun of me for nominating the bad opening match for HM. It was great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

so far chris james 2 and jerusalem are winning. The ultimate winner gets to become a moderator of the subforum.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

so far chris james 2 and jerusalem are winning. The ultimate winner gets to become a moderator of the subforum.

a fate worse than death

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm just glad my ultimate dream of a 'popularity promotion' came to fruition, even if it had to be altered a great deal. the popularity promotion is where posters Get voted on during 'matches' against eachother, and there are cards and championships posted. it's not quite an e-fed because it's based On your regular posting popularity with other posters and you don't do promos or anything like that. you just exist. I wasn't sure If this thread would be allowed, but it was and it's been a big help to the forum. my only regret is that there aren't any matches, championships, or voting periods happening.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Am I allowed to cheat and name 3 more posters I like? Of course, I made this thread :v:

Chris James 2: As others have noted, a great source for news and frank commentary, and when they peel back the cynical front, shows an aching humanity and compassion that's not obvious at first glance. Very much a beloved part of this forum, even if they don't think it.

MJeff: Always a blast to banter with, whether you agree with him or not. Even his bad KENTA takes aren't enough to make me dislike him.

forkboy84: An insanely deep well of puro knowledge, forkboy is an essential part of any non-US wrestling discussion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I like everybody here at the end of the day. Jerusalem is a good mod, Cavauro is funny and likes soulsgames, Dell_Zincht you're cool thanks for the shout out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We are wrestling posting pals, through the bad times and the non bad times

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OFFICER LIGER posted:

not hulkamatt because he gassed the "I LIED" thread instead of goldmining it

definitely one of my bigger crimes.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
coco's level of horny regularly brightens my day

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I like pretty much everybody. Thanks to everyone who continues to be supportive to me on a personal basis as well. It warms my heart.

I PMed this dude on AIM after I tore open my eyeball like a million years ago and I was absolutely certain I was dying because apparently I can't take vicodin (who knew? I didn't!) without going to an ethereal plane of existence. He was very kind.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Mr. Nice! is my number one road dawg for trips to live UFC events

Veskit is also incredibly cool and a good person to drive way too many hours to go see fist fights

Mob is hilarious and rad, hope we get to watch lucha together sometime before society crumbles, dude!

Mekchu rules for a number of reasons, such as bringing back GoonWeight GrandPrix and, when UFC died, organizing the simulation of such fights

Folks like mewse, kensei, Brut, Eat this Glob, Memento, and BlueDeanie are all a great combination of hilarious and well-informed without being dinks about it.

Lastly, I want to honor two fallen comrades:

Dunc, the funniest and pro-est poster of all time, and FatherDog, who is the best. Sorry that these forums destroyed y'all :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I've realized over the last year or so I've kind have become distant or bitter about PSP; I think it is because WWE was my escape valve from politics and thinking of stuff while I'm organizing in the DSA that people just bringing up the horrible poo poo WWE does and saying how I couldn't pull the "no ethical consumption under capitalism" card burned me out bad on everything related to wrestling that I can barely watch it nowadays. I still have nice things to say about folks.

Thauros- Someone who I've gone to shows with and know is a great friend and comrade; bummed out that the DSA meetings are always at the wrong time and in the worst place for you, but hey we are forced to do them on zoom now!

Foochs- somehow more optimistic than me and way better at handling things like criticism or contrarian takes

KFG- always a cool dude to chat with

Jerusalem- Not to give you an overblown ego, but legit one of the best and most patient mods I've seen on this hellsite, I can never think of a bad thing to say about you especially since we are both Mr. Bungle fans.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I PMed this dude on AIM after I tore open my eyeball like a million years ago and I was absolutely certain I was dying because apparently I can't take vicodin (who knew? I didn't!) without going to an ethereal plane of existence. He was very kind.

I not only remember that, I saved the chat log because of how loving bizarre it was and I'm pretty sure I still have it. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Everyone here is pretty great and sufficiently funny or insightful that I barely post because someone else has said it better than I could. This is the only place I still enjoy talking about wrestling and MMA on the internet.