Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DId you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 63 73.26%
No 23 26.74%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's pretty.. catty

Also lmao at how he burns that hefty yogi gently caress at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't have Netflix, and tbh after seeing all the memes about it, I'm not as interested in it as I might have been.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Everything I've seen about this makes it look like I'd hate the hell out of it and resent the people that do like it, so thanks for everything, op

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
look at all these WEIRD and WACKY characters!! (animal abuse child rape and murder gets committed offscreen without any judgement on the part of the documentarians)

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't you heard? Joe Exotic is CANCELLED after leaked footage revealed him being unapologetically racist.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

No I like realism in my escapist documentaries and that's why I'm halfway through Dragon Ball Super rn

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
There's currently a series on SAs front page from a goon who worked there:
https://www.somethingawful.com/news/tiger-king1/

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I’m watching the most entertaining show my girlfriend either refuses to watch or falls asleep like a small dose of ambien is administered when I hit play: Star Trek TNG

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk Joe Exotic is a lot less of a criminal than most politicians or presidential candidates. It's too bad that his chance to enter political sphere is sunk for the next few years.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I liked the parts with the cute cats but didn’t like the parts with abuse

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
white boys will do anything for meth

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

They should call it the Gorilla King cause it's so bananas!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Yea, they shoulda called him Joe Quixotic!! ehehehhehehe.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

joe exotic is an absolute nutcase but carole baskin 100% murdered her husband for his money.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Yes, and i hate people a lot more than i already did now.

piratepilates posted:

joe exotic is an absolute nutcase but carole baskin 100% murdered her husband for his money.

Also this.

:hmmyes:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

guuuh dangit bobby youre supposed to feed the dumpster meat to the cats

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The Walrus posted:

look at all these WEIRD and WACKY characters!! (animal abuse child rape and murder gets committed offscreen without any judgement on the part of the documentarians)

Yeeeeaaahhh, this is what made me apprehensive. Of course the animal abuse, child rape, etc., was a factor, but I was telling one of my similarly uninterested friends that the show looked like it had the kind of escalating wackiness that would end up becoming a chore to deal with after the first couple of episodes.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I watched The Irishman

Pacino, DeNiro, and Pesci are loving old.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

piratepilates posted:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
No, I'm only three episodes in.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I think I emailed some of these people 20 years ago, back when I had a brief dream about working with big cats.

really dodged a bullet there I guess!

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

It's just trash television (like most television tbh). Idk why it became such a meme, but like all memes, it'll fade from public memory soon enough.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Of course the animal abuse, child rape, etc., was a factor, but

Mods please rename TVIV

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8184659/Tiger-King-directors-brand-Joe-Exotic-categorical-racist.html

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

quote:

Joe - born Joseph Maldonado-Passage

Lol

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The filmmakers present you with plenty of info to come to the, obvious, conclusion that almost everyone involved is a piece of poo poo, and these parks are bad. The interviews and footage allow Joe, Carole, et al, to drat themselves.
We can laugh at how eccentric these people are, but still condemn them for their actions.
It's unfortunate that Joe is the only one in prison.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeeeeaaahhh, this is what made me apprehensive. Of course the animal abuse, child rape, etc., was a factor, but I was telling one of my similarly uninterested friends that the show looked like it had the kind of escalating wackiness that would end up becoming a chore to deal with after the first couple of episodes.

I'd call it more an escalation of crazy rather than wacky.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
carol didn't kill her husband, but if she had, good for her

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Pick posted:

What?! lol

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Goku

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Carole either killed her husband, or he was some kind of drug runner that got in over his head (and then probably lost it). That's honestly the one two possible outcomes I can see for that.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tell y'what man, talkin bout big ol' cats man, dang ol meanin' of is is, y'know marryin joe man, n oh, i miss ol, dang ol, meth man

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Just started, it's good so far I guess, creating a pandemic was excessive for a marketing campaign though.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Carole either killed her husband, or he was some kind of drug runner that got in over his head (and then probably lost it). That's honestly the one two possible outcomes I can see for that.

:hmmyes:

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
Its a little depressing how many ppl glorify joe & hate carole
she treats volunteers like poo poo and possibly killed her husband (I think he prob got killed in Costa Rica) but the breeding is the biggest thing
the footage of joe pulling a newborn tiger from her mom with a broomstick was the worst

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

LemonLimeSoda posted:

she treats volunteers like poo poo and possibly killed her husband (I think he prob got killed in Costa Rica) but the breeding is the biggest thing
the footage of joe pulling a newborn tiger from her mom with a broomstick was the worst

they are all awful

i mean but even worse... when you find out he killed all those tigers... god i cried.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

LemonLimeSoda posted:

Joe is a classic case of someone being a massive piece of poo poo, while also having massive amounts of charisma. Dude could make anyone like him just after spending like 5 minutes talking to him, despite the generally awful things he was doing. When he started getting into politics and government and poo poo, his manager said it best with "anyone that sits in the same room as him long enough, would want to vote for him."

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

down n out posted:

I’m watching the most entertaining show my girlfriend either refuses to watch or falls asleep like a small dose of ambien is administered when I hit play: Star Trek TNG

i pretty much just watch star trek. she watches real housewives, ghost adventures, my 600lb life and now tiger king. i suspect this is a lot of people's lives right now.

she is at least kind enough to mute real housewives when I'm walking through the living room

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pick posted:

counterpoint: Carole did kill her husband, and good for her.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I noticed that they never explained exactly how he made so much money. It was just, "everything Don touched turned to gold." :hurr:

LemonLimeSoda posted:

I don't even think she treats her volunteers like poo poo.

Compare the socio-economic status of Carole's volunteers versus Joe's employees. He pays them $117 a week, has them living in rat infested trailers, and they work like 12 hours a day.

Carole's volunteers are free to leave any time, probably put in a few hours a month (hence why there's so many), and are frankly probably bored housewives looking for something exciting to do.

Tiger King Evil Rankings (most evil to least evil):
1) Doc Attel - Narcissistic psychopath, has sex slaves, definitely sees himself as a religious cult leader, recruits teenagers, allegedly breeds and euthanizes tiger cubs in a non-stop cycle.
2) Joe Exotic - Sociopath, pathological liar, has sex slaves, recruits the destitute and ex-cons who have no other prospects, plies people with drugs (esp. meth) to keep them around and keep them loyal to him, breeds tiger cubs for sale, only euthanized five adult tigers.
3) Cuban drug lord guy - Used to be a drug kingpin, served time in prison, now is supposedly "out of that life style" yet owns a private collection of big cats. Probably still has ties to organized crime, probably bankrolls his operation by "disposing" of bodies for organized crime. Think about it. How does an ex-con afford all that poo poo?
4) Jeff Lowe and his fat friend who ratted - Wannabe organized crime guys. I 100% believe Joe's allegations about them doing credit card fraud, etc. are all true. Also, all of their allegations about Joe are also true. Jeff Lowe doesn't realize it, but the DOJ is likely prepping to send him to prison for the rest of his life.
5) Carole Baskin - Runs a big cat sanctuary, doesn't breed cubs, relies on volunteer labor of suburban housewives, probably killed her sketchy-rear end husband.
6) Howard Baskin - innocent cherub, too good for this earth. :allears:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Howard Baskins looks like a Mitch McConnell and Prince Charles had a love child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

its all nice on rice posted:

Howard Baskins looks like a Mitch McConnell and Prince Charles had a love child.

That would explain where he inherited his love of getting pegged from.