Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vaders Jester posted:

At least Drew got this out the way and can go and have some decent matches against people that aren't Brock.

I got some news for you.

Mania until Summer is usually when Brock fucks off for awhile. He’ll be back in time for when they have live shows again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm Undertaker's thin blue line Texas shirt.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

John Cena is the best

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Overall I enjoyed the show.

Otis got some,
Ziggler was punched in the dick,
Evil Bayley trash talked,
and John Cena was transported to the netherrealm.

A bunch of other stuff happened, but they were inconsequential.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

your friend wicka posted:

I don't hate the three minute finisher spam match given the constraints WWE puts themselves under (outside of the Bonezone and the Funhouse, which they're obviously not doing here). They haven't done anything fun or interesting with the other empty arena matches so might as well just sprint to the finish.

Yeah. It’s fine for what it is sometimes...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Both their top title matches revolved around finisher spamming AND THATS IT.

yeah it rules

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I wonder if they’ll show undertaker saying this

https://youtu.be/VY2ZE2f0DVw

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Poor Drew loving hell

it's soo bittersweet but gently caress yeah!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Astro7x posted:

I got some news for you.

Mania until Summer is usually when Brock fucks off for awhile. He’ll be back in time for when they have live shows again.

Look, my boy just won the title. Give me five minutes of delusion before WWE poo poo all over him.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

This Mania could have been a top 10 if they'd cut out the garbage matches that forced them to make it two nights. Even then it's still really good

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

OFFICER LIGER posted:

yeah it rules
With guys like Brock and Goldberg I rather them do big power moves and get their poo poo in for 5-8 mins, it's more refreshing than the HBK/HHH agented wankfests of staring at hands at nearfalls.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm really curious how those two matches will age

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

playing the intro to obsession doesn't mean that cena wants to be hogan. it means that he wants to gently caress hogan

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Batista looking like he married to tiger king in these taker interviews lmao

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Orton/Edge went 36:35

The second longest match over the past two days was. Charlotte/Rhea at 20:30

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I am not watching this live but did they really say "this is such good poo poo" on PG era WWE? I really want to see this match.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Faustian Bargain posted:

I am not watching this live but did they really say "this is such good poo poo" on PG era WWE? I really want to see this match.

yes

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

i rate drew-brock higher than the other heavyweight title bout of braun-goldberg because they used three moves compared to two.

unless you count attempted moves in which the attempted jackhammer may count, further adding complication is if you count a power slam as separate to a running powerslam.

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

Faustian Bargain posted:

Yes they did and yes you do.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Because we're supposed to be super hyped for Drew and this was all scripted a while ago when there'd be screaming fans and without them it's flat as gently caress and I'm so, so sad for Drew.

If you liked the Funhouse match and the Boneryard please email WWE at FanServices@wwe.com and tell them and you'll likely get more of the good stuff.

I kinda feel like they'd run these types of things into the ground.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If you liked the Funhouse match and the Boneryard please email WWE at FanServices@wwe.com and tell them and you'll likely get more of the good stuff.

Done

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE are slowly easing back out of the PG shows, it's been sped up by AEW's success imo

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It's hilarious to me that WWE having to change up their model because of no crowds might be a new high.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

WWE are slowly easing back out of the PG shows, it's been sped up by AEW's success imo

Good. Going to PG was a mistake.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This undertaker show looks good as gently caress honestly

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Undertaker doing a chalk clap after getting snubbed by Lebron lol

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Lesnar vs Finn Balor was very good

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

There was also a very loud "gently caress" during the NXT Women's match, but it's not like they could've edited it out... Oh.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Still love this.

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1246984099870445570?s=20

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I gave up on wrestling years ago, and my friend convinced me to watch this show for schadenfreude and to throw popcorn at the screen.

Instead I got NWO John Cena.

gently caress you Vince. You had to have you goddamn Wrestlemania, and it was a drat fine show in the midst of a lovely time overall, and I had a great time watching it. gently caress you.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Well we got through it fellas. What's next?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Didn't you hear, MITB is May 26th!
Somehow...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I didn't like today as much as yesterday (which to be fair I liked way more than most people) but I have a better feeling about it than I did after Edge & Orton. It's too bad, that was the thing I was most interested in seeing.

Rating this as one entire show, I think it's going to fall slightly above the middle for me off the strength of the two great segments all time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I spent that match thinking they were literally running John Cena vs Freddy Krueger and how exactly they were going to have Cena win that scenario with a fireman's carry. Glad I was wrong

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Back to our regular quarantine routine

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Good ol' Johnny Largemeat

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sono posted:

There was also a very loud "gently caress" during the NXT Women's match, but it's not like they could've edited it out... Oh.

Why are you complaining that they didn't edit out the "gently caress" word. That's just looking for reasons to be upset at them, also who cares if they say gently caress.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I imagine The Fiend tried this introspection mental warfare strat on Goldberg but unlike Cena, Goldberg is such a mark for himself that he wasn't buying any of it.

Goldberg: Nah I really am that awesome *spear*

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Is there any way to get an avatar-sized version of this? I'm long overdue for a change methinks :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

I imagine The Fiend tried this introspection mental warfare strat on Goldberg but unlike Cena, Goldberg is such a mark for himself that he wasn't buying any of it.

Goldberg: Nah I really am that awesome *spear*

I laughed out loud. Bray as Bret Hart:

"Y'know, at least I can say that I never hurt anyone in the ring. You're no hall of famer." Goldberg just chews gum and snorts.