Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I don't know if the cinematic match was stupid or genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
Is it lame I'm actually kinda excited about the Firefly Funhouse match now?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Barry Scott posted:

Is it lame I'm actually kinda excited about the Firefly Funhouse match now?

It has Bray Wyatt involved so probably, yeah

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I don't know if the cinematic match was stupid or genius.

The answer is both

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

At least A.J. main evented Mania

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how come i don't see anyone talking about the new champion anywhere on line.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bray Wyatt is always money at Wrestlemania guys

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cavauro posted:

how come i don't see anyone talking about the new champion anywhere on line.

Go mojo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If anyone wants to come yell abuse at me or something or just watch the computer fight, I decided to put up a stream of tonight's card in Fire Pro, which is probably better than the pre-show. Come say hi.

https://www.twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really wish they thought about the set design more, rather than going with tons of lighting in a big empty room it should’ve been kept to just lighting the ring itself, and make it look a lot more personal rather than a rehearsal.

Taker match at least looked like they put some thought into how to approach this event. Nothing else did.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Yeah the entire thing really had a dress rehearsal vibe to it, except KO/Rollins because they actually talked through their story during the match. Everyone posing to no one for the sake of future b-roll just made it weirder. Dimming the lights would have absolutely helped. Even letting wrestlers present be in the stands as other people have suggested would have been cool, along with actually letting Mojo and Gronk having a presence as an audience.

I still really liked Bryan/Zayn and the ladder match, even if it was still off. Also Shayna shoulda won. I feel like they do not wanna move any titles around so that they don't have to mention this 'Mania much going forward. Goldberg was getting put out to pasture no matter what though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Is the order for night 2 that's listed on Wikipedia the correct one? I ask because there's no way Otis vs Ziggler is the main event, right? :psyduck:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JordanKai posted:

Is the order for night 2 that's listed on Wikipedia the correct one? I ask because there's no way Otis vs Ziggler is the main event, right? :psyduck:

No, it'll most certainly be the Funhouse match if last night is any indication

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Soul Glo posted:

along with actually letting Mojo and Gronk having a presence as an audience.

Yeah when Gronk kicked off the show with Mojo it felt like this was exactly what they were going to do... then it just didn’t happen outside of about 2 moments.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsWWE/status/1246886171176624128?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who's watching the preshow

I am

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I just caught the end of the bone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tonight's scheduled card for those who don't want to look it up - match order is not known, I've ranked them in the order I think WWE probably applies importance to them:
  • Liv Morgan vs. Natalya on the pre-show
  • Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
  • Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler
  • The Street Profits (C) vs. Austin Theory and Angel Garza for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
  • Bayley (C) vs. Lacey Evans vs. Naomi vs. Sasha Banks vs. Tamina in a Fatal 5-Way Elimination match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
  • Rhea Ripley (C) vs. Charlotte Flair for the NXT Women's Championship
  • Edge vs. Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing match
  • John Cena vs. The Fiend Bray Wyatt in a Firefly Fun House match
  • Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Who's watching the preshow

I am

I'm going to turn it on to drown out the mournful baaaaing of my ewe, Flounce, who really wants her baby back. But her baby got sold today because I can only fit so many rams on the property. I told her if she wants a baby to keep, she has to make a ewe not a ram.

She said baaaaa :(

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm going to turn it on to drown out the mournful baaaaing of my ewe, Flounce, who really wants her baby back. But her baby got sold today because I can only fit so many rams on the property. I told her if she wants a baby to keep, she has to make a ewe not a ram.

She said baaaaa :(

I just got done binging Tiger King I don't know if I can handle this

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You'll be really happy to know that in a few days she'll have settled down and she'll be playing aunt to two really cool little ewe lambs that she loves a lot. And she gets extra apples tonight to help her feel better about life in general.

(I'm only on episode 2 of Tiger King and it's most Florida poo poo to happen outside of Florida)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I'm down to the last episode and seriously it's just like,"What the gently caress is next with these loving people?" because every time I think they've all hit a new low they invent new drilling machines that can tunnel through diamond.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I really hope that Official Language isn't going to be to rename her REE-ah Ripley because that sounds exceptionally dumb.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I vaguely wonder if Undertaker hardway cut himself on that Goldberg window spot. That would be some next level Pro Wrestling to set up a spot making fun of a guy getting hurt on an improper stunt, doing it the way it was intended, and then getting hurt anyway

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jerusalem posted:

I'm down to the last episode and seriously it's just like,"What the gently caress is next with these loving people?" because every time I think they've all hit a new low they invent new drilling machines that can tunnel through diamond.

I watched The Wonderful Whites of West Virginia and you should too if you want more documentaries about completely hosed up people.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Billy Corgan made it into the WWE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Billy Corgan made it into the WWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am prepared for several more hours I don't like in the hopes of something I do.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:xd:

Whole time I'm picturing

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Alright. I'm back for night 2 just hoping the firefly funhouse is as good as the Bone Zone was last night

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Can they like.... just not look into the non existent crowd and follow the same motions like a video game?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I think Natalya was the first wrestler who actually posed to the hard cam.

Also Liv's gear doesn't seem to fit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

I am prepared for several more hours I don't like in the hopes of something I do.

Last night I watched for the trainwreck value which it delivered in spades, and was pleasantly surprised by the bonus of actually getting something genuinely good at the end of it.

Ideally tonight against all expectations is ALL good, but I'm expecting more trainwreck and I'll just hope to be pleasantly surprised by another unexpected bonus of something genuinely good happening in there as well.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Astro7x posted:

Can they like.... just not look into the non existent crowd and follow the same motions like a video game?

They are saving that for when they actually live stream wwe 2k20 on smackdown this week

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Poor Liv :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if Liv Morgan legit believed that they had an actual storyline/character change for her or knew that she was gonna get at best a couple appearances on Raw and a Wrestlemania pre-show match before they forget she exists again?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this is really sad and depressing

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lmao, I need more of Liv's woopwoopwoop

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
There’s actually more noise and reaction for this match now than there would be with a crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Liv's gear is sort of Jamie Hayter Lite