Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiaer
Oct 6, 2020
The Secrets of Dumbledore could literally apply to any story he's in because refusing to tell Harry about thing is his biggest character trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

who's the main character of fantastic beasts again

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wimples Buttersnatch

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mx. posted:

The Doctor from Doctor Who.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Mx. posted:

colin farrell
johnny depp
mads mikkelsen
TBD in movie 4

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Dumbledore and Newt are going to go undercover in Grindelwald's wizard communist party, and it's going to end with Newt getting shot trying to climb back across the wizard Berlin Wall.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It had completely left my mind till now that the big twist ending of 2 was that Ezra Miller was a secret Dumbledore. Why does this matter? :shrug: maybe that's the secret.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So who is gonna be playing Grindelwald now that JK has finally given up on Depp

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mx. posted:

The Gormless Idiot Who Runs Around With His Mouth Open

Feldegast42 posted:

So who is gonna be playing Grindelwald now that JK has finally given up on Depp

Mads Mikkelsen, who is going to bring entirely too much to this trainwreck. There were a ton of "rumor is this thing is an unmitigated disaster" headlines a while back but I haven't seen a followup and I'm disappointed that nobody's willing to dish.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Hmmm, I might watch this for Mads.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7011156378395987205

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I've made it up to the first Deathly Hallows film and, well, is there some in-universe explanation for why they had to the Potter decoy death race deal?

Was there some wizard shield around the wizard taliban's wizard house that was keeping the vastly superior (in numbers and ability) wizard gestapo from just storming the place?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Was there some wizard shield around the wizard taliban's wizard house that was keeping the vastly superior (in numbers and ability) wizard gestapo from just storming the place?

I think the protection on the Dursley's House is super strong but runs out when Harry turns 18, and the protection on the Burrow is also super strong but once the ministry falls it won't be strong enough.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Hmmm, I might watch this for Mads.

I didn't like Hannibal too much but he killed the role and made the show worth watching.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think the protection on the Dursley's House is super strong but runs out when Harry turns 18, and the protection on the Burrow is also super strong but once the ministry falls it won't be strong enough.

17 is apparently the wizard age of majority.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Barking mad, they are.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Did Sirius have a comically-oversized bike or is Hagid comically-oversized on a normal bike?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Did Sirius have a comically-oversized bike or is Hagid comically-oversized on a normal bike?

It's never explained afaik. The books seem to want to have it both ways and just quietly ignore the issue

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Man.....5000 posts about harry potter....wizards are truly the most magical creatures of our times

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FunkyAl posted:

Man.....5000 posts about harry potter....wizards are truly the most magical creatures of our times

what does harry potter's pah look like

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Harry Pahter

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Jazerus posted:

Kinda regular.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Jazerus posted:

He was a jobber who canonically got one-shot by Voldemort despite everyone talking him up as a cool wizard who was talented in Transfiguraiton.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I will say jude law was doing a pretty drat good dumbledore in the clip of the movie i saw. He was mediating Richard Harris and Michael Gambon pretty well

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Yeah Jude Law's casting / performance is one of the few bits of the second film that is unambiguously good.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like Dan Fogler when he's not the victim of sexual abuse

e: might be the only guy in Rowling canon who learns witches and wizards exist, and instead of becoming a magic racist, goes "holy poo poo this is awesome, do a spell at me!"

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 28, 2021

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I like Dan Fogler when he's not the victim of sexual abuse

:hmmyes:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A thing about no secondary education in the wizarding world is that it makes it kind of awkward when someone decides to become a teacher since they have received no training for it.

No wonder all of Harry's teachers sucked at their jobs and he barely learned anything.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Don't make me tap the "just like a real British boarding school" sign!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Is the "green man" present in harrp yotter?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Flitwick, fake Moody, and the temp Care of Magical Creatures teacher were all good at their jobs

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Flitwick, fake Moody, and the temp Care of Magical Creatures teacher were all good at their jobs

Fitwick ignored the bullying going on in his House in regards to Luna. So no, he was not good at his job.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Teachers/schools in general are famously terrible at curbing any sort of bullying tbf, especially more subtle stuff like distorting someone’s name to “Loony” or hiding their shoes

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Boogle posted:

Fitwick ignored the bullying going on in his House in regards to Luna. So no, he was not good at his job.

To be fair, stopping bullying does not seem to be part of the job in Hogwarts, so that doesn't count against them.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nitrousoxide posted:

To be fair, stopping bullying does not seem to be part of the job in Hogwarts, so that doesn't count against them.

And that's why Hogwarts is a such poo poo school.

Its only a matter of time before a student goes postal and starts throwing around Unforgivables and you end up having aurors called in for a mass shooting.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Boogle posted:

Its only a matter of time before a student goes postal and starts throwing around Unforgivables and you end up having aurors called in for a mass shooting.

josh04 posted:

Don't make me tap the "just like a real British boarding school" sign!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

muscles like this! posted:

A thing about no secondary education in the wizarding world is that it makes it kind of awkward when someone decides to become a teacher since they have received no training for it.

No wonder all of Harry's teachers sucked at their jobs and he barely learned anything.

Considering the wizard world stuck in 1692, I assume if you want higher ed one must go the master/apprentice route

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Sith but the Palpatine is Draco and the Darth Maul is Goyle

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Boogle posted:

Alan Moore did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So Muggleborns have to be hosed when it comes to job prospects after graduating, right? Between the ministry being in the pockets of rich racists like Lucius Malfoy and needing a connection to someone influential like Dumbledore, Slughorn or Harry in the epilogue to land you a position, trying to find a decent-paying job must be even more discouraging than normal. I don't think we've even met a Muggleborn in the books that had a solid career or anything.

There's probably a statistic of disillusioned Muggleborns quitting the wizarding world out of disgust and can only get lovely retail jobs because wizards don't do secondary education.