Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Crosspeice posted:

"Luffy, you are the chosen one foretold 800 years ago! ...you look disgusted!

gonna be mad if this doesn't happen verbatim now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Destiny will ensure that Luffy punches Blackbeard really loving hard in the face over and over.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My destiny is totally hosed because of a pie disagreement. AITA?

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

EmmyOk posted:

My destiny is totally hosed because of a pie disagreement. AITA?

you're definitely the ace-hole

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The person who wears the ancient, regular sized, straw hat is the chosen one. Every owner of the hat has known this, but when Shanks tried to explain it to Luffy the poor kid just didn't understand.

Blackbeard of course fucks up his own obsession with destiny/fate by killing Shanks which prevents Luffy from giving the hat to anyone else, default making him the chosen one.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
blackbeard is tall now so he can wear the big hat

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'm excited to see if Blackbeard actually did somehow get way bigger or if that was just some really weird perspective shots

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Bleck posted:

I'm excited to see if Blackbeard actually did somehow get way bigger or if that was just some really weird perspective shots

It’s probably perspective combined with him already being something like 7 feet tall, the latter just never stands out usually because his most of his crew is even bigger than him, but he towers over Luffy in his first appearance.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

he's canonically eleven feet tall in his original appearances, but his one full appearance in the manga post-timeskip makes him look easily twice that - if we assume those women are around Nami-height, then he's gotta be at least a good twenty feet

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Height in One Piece is more of a vague suggestion

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

man I know this is a kid's manga but what kind of carousing could a pirate possibly get up to with women when they're twenty-loving feet tall

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I doubt it's as good as what Luffy got from the Amazon's trying to remove his mushroom

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Listen, this topic is pretty grim and I don't want to dwell on it, but Queen apparently frequents the red light district for prostitutes and if he can do it anyone can.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Libra posted:

Listen, this topic is pretty grim and I don't want to dwell on it, but Queen apparently frequents the red light district for prostitutes and if he can do it anyone can.

he's just hiring them to tell him how good his dance is

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Libra posted:

I forgot about that, man, it’s pretty fuckin sad to be as prestigious as Queen and have to pay for prostitutes in a world where a man dressed as a giant baby has women he doesn’t even want hanging off him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
isn't it implied that komurasaki had to sleep w/ orochi

OP is kinda dark

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

I forgot about that, man, it’s pretty fuckin sad to be as prestigious as Queen and have to pay for prostitutes in a world where a man dressed as a giant baby has women he doesn’t even want hanging off him.

Queen isn't hardboiled

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

OP is kinda dark
I think One Piece does a good job of leaving these things ambiguous enough that the horrors can be left to the imagination of the reader. Nami's relationship with the Arlong Pirates and the story of the Mariejois slaves have similar overtones to the Hiyori stuff, but Oda always stops short of being specific about what happened behind closed doors.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Unless stated otherwise, everyone gets as much actual play as Sanji.

Luffy is actually a world leading Casanova having actually been kissed by a girl.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

behind closed doors in one piece all that's going on is MFs housing donuts like big boy season is never gonna end

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

tbp posted:

OP is kinda dark

I honestly kinda doubt it.

Like, yeah in reality Orochi was a corrupt shogun and she was a prostitute so it probably would have happened. But in the cartoon logic of OP she probably just strung him along and since he's a dork he ate it up like those other guys she bankrupted. Unless I'm forgetting a scene where it's strongly implied.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The closest thing to sex that's ever been addressed outside of people just having children was Luffy's mushroom on Amazon Lilly played as a gag so I wouldn't think too much about this stuff, this ain't Berserk

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk the way Komurasaki tells Zoro that men would be happy to have her sleep next to them implies that that's all that went on during her duties in the castle. Like... family friendly story, seems fine.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Komurasaki is explicitly a prostitute, and thus has almost certainly had sex with people. Whether anything happened with Orochi specifically is less clear.

Viola, on the other hand, did canonically have sex with Doflamingo. See SBS Volume 83.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Komurasaki has been pretty clearly portrayed as scamming all the wealth out of dudes while leading them on. They very model of internet virgins' female nemesis.

Which seems actually more feasible than Luffy's absolute ignorance of his entire family until plot relevant.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Gyges posted:

Which seems actually more feasible than Luffy's absolute ignorance of his entire family until plot relevant.

it's one guy that you only hear about in newspapers which Luffy very obviously does not read

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not knowing who your dad is isn't that weird imo especially when he's a major villain and your grandad raised you who is a policeman. Plus the world doesn't know his name is Monkey D. Dragon. Just Dragon. And he knew who Garp and Ace are, so can't agree here OP.

As for thinking about loving in One Piece I think of it about as much as Oda does which is correct and noble

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

EmmyOk posted:

As for thinking about loving in One Piece I think of it about as much as Oda does which is correct and noble

So just constantly every hour of the day?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oda's kept track of what every Devil Fruit user's penis looks like for a reason okay.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Remember, Luffy didn't say "oh, that's who my dad is."

He said "I have a father?"

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Komurasaki is explicitly a prostitute, and thus has almost certainly had sex with people. Whether anything happened with Orochi specifically is less clear.

Viola, on the other hand, did canonically have sex with Doflamingo. See SBS Volume 83.

Is it going to end up like DanMachi where the prostitute magically never had sex so she remains a viable, virginal love interest?

I quit the LNs after reading that poo poo.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Gyges posted:

Remember, Luffy didn't say "oh, that's who my dad is."

He said "I have a father?"

But why would he care? It’s fairly clear that Dragon was never around in Luffy’s life at all, and Garp would 100% be the kind of guy to just never talk about his son that’s also the world’s top criminal. Heck, it makes sense that Luffy wouldn’t have thought about him, he wouldn’t really think about anyone that hasn’t directly touched his life. I just figured Luffy assumed he was just a bastard.

Unless you think Luffy thinks he popped out of a hole in the ground rather than him just not acknowledging the dad that was never around.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Silver2195 posted:

I'm still having a lot of trouble figuring this out why these two. Didn't Viola know that Doffy basically manipulated her father into committing mass murder and overthrew her family's kingdom. Why would she sleep with him?

Urouge is also one of the few canon charters who fucks, if the SBS would be to believed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LostRook posted:

Is it going to end up like DanMachi where the prostitute magically never had sex so she remains a viable, virginal love interest?

I quit the LNs after reading that poo poo.

I mean, at least in this case it'd be due to the prostitute's insane talent for manipulating and destroying lovely men. In her case, remaining a virgin would be proof of what a badass she is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

i am tim! posted:

Unless you think Luffy thinks he popped out of a hole in the ground
This is entirely likely knowing who Luffy is and quite honestly probably Oda's intent when he wrote Luffy being confused about having a dad.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I wanna know what the deal is with Luffy's mom. I swear I remember Oda vaguely saying she was a more strict parent but...it's hard to imagine. Luffy's gotta get his goofy nature from someone, and that clearly isn't Dragon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheLoneStar posted:

I wanna know what the deal is with Luffy's mom. I swear I remember Oda vaguely saying she was a more strict parent but...it's hard to imagine. Luffy's gotta get his goofy nature from someone, and that clearly isn't Dragon.

He gets it from Garp.

The real question is why Dragon is such a gloomy gus.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

He gets it from Garp.

The real question is why Dragon is such a gloomy gus.
But it's more fun if his mom is just a bigger version of him and somehow wound up with Dragon. It really is odd how literally no one ever mentions her ever. Unless I'm forgetting something, no one has so much as alluded to her existence.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

TheLoneStar posted:

I wanna know what the deal is with Luffy's mom.

I, too, wanna know more about Crocodile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Is it possible that when Oda mentioned Luffy’s mom being more strict, he was talking about Dadan? I say that because part of me hopes Luffy’s biomom is just like him, but a woman in her forties.