Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Bleck posted:

not that anybody's body needs to change because of their gender, but weird that people went for Law's body switching powers in this context instead of considering Queen of the Kamabakka Kingdom, Master of Newkama Kenpo, Wielder of the Horu Horu No Mi, The Okama King, Emporio Ivankov

I think it's a matter of location, Law is indeed right here in Wano(even if people thought Emporio Ivankov was going to show up a while ago).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bleck posted:

not that anybody's body needs to change because of their gender, but weird that people went for Law's body switching powers in this context instead of considering Queen of the Kamabakka Kingdom, Master of Newkama Kenpo, Wielder of the Horu Horu No Mi, The Okama King, Emporio Ivankov

I think it's just because Law is here and Ivankov isn't.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I love how when Sanji asks wtf happened to Zoro he just casually namedrops two of the strongest people in the world and Sanji moves on to make fun of his sense of direction

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It kinda seemed like he was trying to be nice and compliment him, at least given how he’s usually the more abrasive part of their slap fights.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Last Celebration posted:

Ngl, it’s cool as poo poo when Luffy beats up a fifteen foot tall man so I’m cool with people being irrationally tall Just Because. Also, it makes the handful of super for real tiny people (Hancock, Zoro, Mihawk, Shanks, etc) look even more imposing kinda.

This is from a few pages back but Hancock is like 2 meters tall (about six foot six)

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Man with Hat posted:

This is from a few pages back but Hancock is like 2 meters tall (about six foot six)

That's average height.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The worst spoiler

Break next week

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The good news: For all you figure collectors out there the first figure of Yamato has been announced

The bad news: It's the Final Prize in the upcoming Ichiban Kuj, which means you have to essentially buy out an entire thing of lottery tickets to get it.

The weird news: Every crew member has a figure prize (Brook isn't shown but is listed at the bottom) except Yamato is there instead of Jinbe :tinfoil:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

The good news: For all you figure collectors out there the first figure of Yamato has been announced

The bad news: It's the Final Prize in the upcoming Ichiban Kuj, which means you have to essentially buy out an entire thing of lottery tickets to get it.

The weird news: Every crew member has a figure prize (Brook isn't shown but is listed at the bottom) except Yamato is there instead of Jinbe :tinfoil:

It looks like there's...5? "secret" or unrevealed ones in that list

maybe he's there!

with carrot!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jinbei has a secret form and that's why he's hasn't been revealed yet.

Although I got question using Kung Fu point Chopper, that's his worst looking form.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

rannum posted:

It looks like there's...5? "secret" or unrevealed ones in that list

maybe he's there!

with carrot!

In kuji listings those are usually smaller prizes like trinkets and whatnot. Here's the most recent one for example where the smaller prizes are bottles and towels and posters.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jinbei has a secret form and that's why he's hasn't been revealed yet.

Although I got question using Kung Fu point Chopper, that's his worst looking form.

Kung Fu Chopper made me smile :unsmith:

Also I know nothing about figures so this probably isn't actually remarkable but Sanji's suit is surprisingly good. It even has a pleat!

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Ryaomon posted:

Its the coins all over again.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

As a toy guy I can't look at One Piece figures much in fear of starting to buy them. I only have a Chopper but all the Wano arc figures out there are amazing and god damnit I don't have the money or space these days...

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
hank hills favorite one piece arc
https://streamable.com/lc3hyl

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
some of the popular chars make no sense to me. i can't see why shanks is so high or ace or sabo or yamato

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tbp posted:

some of the popular chars make no sense to me. i can't see why shanks is so high or ace or sabo or yamato

All hot dudes its not that complicated

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

mabels big day posted:

All hot dudes its not that complicated

they have no narrative arc!!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yamato has been very cool so far

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

tbp posted:

People don't vote with their brain in these polls :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

tbp posted:

I assume Shanks will... I think he's way more interesting than the other three.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

im joking around a bit btw i know its mostly aesthetics involved with a lot of these

but it makes me sad cuz the characters i think have sick rear end designs should be HIGHER!!

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
shank's voice is probably responsible for at least half of his popularity

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Ace and Sabo are the only popular characters of those four that I don't understand

Shanks and Yamato loving own

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ace had fire powers and the most impactful death in the series, also he was a good son

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ace was boring, Sabo at least had a cool pipe to hit people with or whatever

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
why is sabo still using that same pipe from dawn island instead of a bostaff or smokers stupid baton or whatever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BoosterDuck posted:

why is sabo still using that same pipe from dawn island instead of a bostaff or smokers stupid baton or whatever

It's cooler

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I mean, Shanks has been around since the first chapter, I would be surprised if he did not poll well.

Yamato owns loving bones

Ace is loving great as well

Sabo just needs his own arc to get him up there.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

I mean, Shanks has been around since the first chapter, I would be surprised if he did not poll well.

Yamato owns loving bones

Ace is loving great as well

Sabo just needs his own arc to get him up there.

shanks has done virtually nothing since that first chapter though! the totality of his appearances are that first flashback and then him stopping the war sprinkled with like one or two "heh, looks like luffys growing up" moments, totally bonkers to me

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
oh i forgot sabo's voice actor too

amuro and char :swoon:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tbp posted:

shanks has done virtually nothing since that first chapter though! the totality of his appearances are that first flashback and then him stopping the war sprinkled with like one or two "heh, looks like luffys growing up" moments, totally bonkers to me

He got drunk with whitebeard

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tbp posted:

and in every appearance he has been very cool

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I've always liked shanks a lot as a Luffy but with a conniving side, and his crew showing up at Marineford is one of the sickest moments. dude is beyond mysterious, extremely powerful, and has a finger in Everything. he's vegapunk levels of lore centerpiece, except we literally saw him experience an arc in Chapter 1 and every time we've seen him since he is somehow holding a convo with the then-most mysterious ppl in the series.

I still get chills thinking abt how powerful Kizaru was on our tiers of dudes and Ben Beckmann points a gun at him while loving sitting down and Kizaru fully freezes up.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BoosterDuck posted:

Joke answer: he's turned that pipe into a black blade pipe

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Andrast posted:

and in every appearance he has been very cool

he is not cool, and who is cool is actually blackbeard, who effortlessly hosed up shanks's face

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

shanks goes about doing secret deals, meeting with genocidal maniacs who worship an god unseen to the rest of the world, told whitebeard it would be "too hard" to kick blackbeards rear end

meanwhile, chad marshall not only easily executed a multiple decades long plan to obtain a specific magical fruit, he then tied a handful of sticks together and somehow made it from the new world to halfway across the earth, bonked his assailant on the head, waltzed into the worlds most guarded prison, came out of it with a full rear end crew of demons and then also killed the strongest man on earth

of the two there is one clear winner and its the morbidly obese toothless guy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Its so funny that ben beckmann pointing a gun at kizaru has done an absurd amount of heavy lifting in power level discussions around the entire red haired pirates crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tbp posted:

of the two there is one clear winner and its the morbidly obese toothless guy

oh hell yeah, brother