Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
shank's crew is cool, so im willing to forgive anything they have or haven't done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

mabels big day posted:

Its so funny that ben beckmann pointing a gun at kizaru has done an absurd amount of heavy lifting in power level discussions around the entire red haired pirates crew

it's really good in both senses that kizaru doesn't take poo poo seriously but also holy poo poo it's ben beckmann

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tbp posted:

there is one clear winner and its the morbidly obese toothless guy

Not sure if thread title worthy but it's a beauty nonetheless

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Shinjobi posted:

Not sure if thread title worthy but it's a beauty nonetheless

Slightly too long, even with paraphrasing.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter's out and it slaps, what an ending to cliffhang on.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Well in case people actually thought Big Mom has any good traits at all here she is trying to murder the person she was trying to save like five seconds ago

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

shanks goes about doing secret deals, meeting with genocidal maniacs who worship an god unseen to the rest of the world, told whitebeard it would be "too hard" to kick blackbeards rear end

meanwhile, chad marshall not only easily executed a multiple decades long plan to obtain a specific magical fruit, he then tied a handful of sticks together and somehow made it from the new world to halfway across the earth, bonked his assailant on the head, waltzed into the worlds most guarded prison, came out of it with a full rear end crew of demons and then also killed the strongest man on earth

of the two there is one clear winner and its the morbidly obese toothless guy
Exactly. Shanks is the old era, like Whitebeard. And that’s why Luffy’s gotta beat him. Blackbeard will definitely be the last boss.

also shanks is way cool and deserves his spot on the popularity poll among all the cheesecakes that 13 year olds voted for every day

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

DREAMIN

DONT GIVE IT UP ZEUS

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress, now I feel bad about Zeus. He may have been an incompetent lackwit, but he couldn’t even get a cool redemption sacrifice.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Last Celebration posted:

gently caress, now I feel bad about Zeus. He may have been an incompetent lackwit, but he couldn’t even get a cool redemption sacrifice.

he's gonna burst out of Hera at a dramatic moment and Nami will get her power up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'I'm definitely gonna beat him!'
-smash cut-
-sad trombone noises-

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well I guess that settles the debate on if Luffy is emperor class now. He can put up a fight but he's not quite there yet.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
well, guess Luffy lost

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe an honourable pirate like Big Mom would act in such a way!!

Anyway, i'm real bummed it's looking increasingly likely we will not be getting an Usopp or Nami fight. Like I imagine they'll be assisting againt Big Mum (at least Nami and Zeus) but I kinda just wanted them to face Page and Ulti.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RatHat posted:

Well I guess that settles the debate on if Luffy is emperor class now. He can put up a fight but he's not quite there yet.

im finding myself pretty curious how this ends up going down. I’m guessing momonosuke grabs him (or maybe laws crew catches him first) and the final fight is Luffy + Everyone Not Incapacitated vs Kaido, with every not Luffy person just pulling utility or dogpiling the Zoro wound.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

poo poo is Ulti dead?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure Ulti is dead

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I can't believe an honourable pirate like Big Mom would act in such a way!!

Anyway, i'm real bummed it's looking increasingly likely we will not be getting an Usopp or Nami fight. Like I imagine they'll be assisting againt Big Mum (at least Nami and Zeus) but I kinda just wanted them to face Page and Ulti.

They did face Page One and Ulti, they lost really badly.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Anyway, i'm real bummed it's looking increasingly likely we will not be getting an Usopp or Nami fight. Like I imagine they'll be assisting againt Big Mum (at least Nami and Zeus) but I kinda just wanted them to face Page and Ulti.[/spoiler]

I feel pretty satisfied that Nami's stood up to them and did some damage. Quite like that not every Strawhat is an unstoppable beefy murdercake. Some are just 'good', but can still hold their own for a bit. Flying Six should be tougher than them.

heart breaking.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

They did face Page One and Ulti, they lost really badly.

even ignoring the end of this chapter “lost really badly” applies to just about every round 1 Luffy’s had since entering the Grand Line

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Last Celebration posted:

even ignoring the end of this chapter “lost really badly” applies to just about every round 1 Luffy’s had since entering the Grand Line
We usually don't see an x-ray view of a skull getting fissures and tearful acceptance of death...

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rest in pieces Ulti. What a sad chapter. I've never been this choked up over a talking cloud before.

GOD drat IT ODA DON'T FOLLOW UP LUFFY IS DEAD WITH A BREAK WEEK

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

No Wave posted:

We usually don't see an x-ray view of a skull getting fissures and tearful acceptance of death...

its not an acceptance of death because he's not smiling

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
How did I not put together until today Zeus was the thunder cloud and Prometheus was the fire cloud

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Kaidou, in like 20 chapters' time: I really should learn to finish the brats off when I have them dead to rights

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Pureauthor posted:

Kaidou, in like 20 chapters' time: I really should learn to finish the brats off when I have them dead to rights
Kaidou wants them to stay alive to get stronger and challenge him again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
luffy died of old age due to shortened lifespan

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:qq: run the poll again!! redo it !! i need to get zeus in the top 3 !! ::qq:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how are they gonna fix Luffy when Zoro's hogging all the bandages

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

GUTS!!!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

I feel like he was already kind of saying that here right? He said he should have taken his head because as long as he's alive/unless he can show proof he's dead his crew will have hope and keep fighting. My impression was that he got so into the fight that he launched Luffy off the cliffside and immediately regrets it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

CharlestonJew posted:

He doesn't need fixing he's just taking a nap.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Veskit posted:

How did I not put together until today Zeus was the thunder cloud and Prometheus was the fire cloud

im laughing at this because i cannot think wht else you would POSSIBLY think they were named for

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

not much to do with the current chap but small narrative prediction:

we still have additional backstory flashback reveals for zoro and nami (and luffy but i think most people agree with that) to come

reason being: there is a lot of love shown to the original east blue crew and we got the sanji one already. both still have notable holes in their backstory (aka what the hell was going on prior to what we saw) and i think it will flesh them both out a bit more. also i wanna learn more about the crew

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they don't have any additional backstory

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Andrast posted:

I hope they don't have any additional backstory

really? im incredibly curious about the war in nami's, and zoro def has some stuff going on that led him to the village in east blue (but it would be funny if he just wandered off from his parents at some point)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tbp posted:

really? im incredibly curious about the war in nami's, and zoro def has some stuff going on that led him to the village in east blue (but it would be funny if he just wandered off from his parents at some point)

I really don't want any additional backstory that is conveniently relevant to the currrent ongoing grand line poo poo for any old character

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think we might get more about Zoro, but I love his backstory as it stands. He's just some kid who got really into swords, and then his friend died and he promised to become the BEST at swords.

That's all you need! He doesn't need to be the heir to the secret Wano sword school or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Gol D. Roger decided one day that he wanted to be a pirate and then he became the Pirate King

Zoro doesn't need any more backstory