Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I wear to god it's Golden Week every week when we're jonesing for more One Piece. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

haha devil fruit power go brrrrrrrr

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Avoiding Apoo's attacks by not being able to hear the music is genius in its simplicity.

KittenofDoom posted:

I made a felted wool Chopper :)

:swoon:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Map of the Heart and Hard Knock Days are excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgdADA691o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCDFIuT6AY

And Hope by Namie Amuro was perfect for Whole Cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo52vQyAR6w

Yeah, One Piece has had some real bangers for OPs. Quite a few of them have been in my general rotation forever.

I especially like Fight Together. It fits really, really well for what is essentially the finale for the first act of the series. It also resonates with me because it happened to be the current OP and I listened to it a lot when I was going through a big transitional time in my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4UnPqNID-Y

There's also a really good fandub of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gThi314HBwY

Oh, and since you mentioned it, looks like Namie Amuro is finally on Spotify, so I'm adding her poo poo to my playlist immediately. :getin:

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 19, 2020

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is pretty great.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ThingOne posted:

Just a reminder that Okiku was introduced as Izo's younger brother during Oden's flashback but has been treated like a woman everywhere else in the story. I think something similar is happening here with Yamato.

This is probably the best way to look at this, yeah.

Please treat gender identity stuff with care, folks! We got enough poo poo going on in the world as-is.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:tviv: this chapter

Thank gently caress we don't have yet another break week.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Stampede is pretty bad

I actually had to look up the plot for Stampede before remembering I actually did watch it a couple months ago. It was very average. Not a horrible watch if you enjoy the movies but it was not nearly as impactful as Baron Omatsuri or Strong World were.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Julias posted:

I think you should wait to see how the character's arc is played out before jumping to conclusions Lpzie. I didn't get that vibe at all.

Agreed. Also I'd wait for the official translation before drawing conclusions.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Luffy: "He's an ally!"

Nice to get official confirmation on the pronouns for Yamato. I think that was the first time one was used for him.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Peacoffee posted:

after getting to about chapter 500 in the reread I can't believe the number of times around the Skypeia arc the moon is half-shaded to look like a big capital "D".

Oda I swear to loving god if Eneru suddenly shows up again...

Also kinda related - While I was checking out the chapters related to the moon since it was mentioned, I found Fakehat Chopper (the fox) on the cover page of chapter 232, long before he actually shows up in the story. I'm sure I saw this long ago and just forgot about it:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kin'emon cleaving Kaido's gigantic blast in two was pretty fuckin' :krad:

Also:

Arist posted:

Jimbei rules

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my loving god

Two new Smile fruit users with absolutely amazing designs, they get box name intros and everything, and then Jinbe and Sanji loving one-shot them in the next panel.

Apoo is seven kinds of screwed right now. And Chopper is hella pissed.

Yamato is a goddamn beast.

NOOOO A BREAK :cry:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sub Harrison posted:

Hope the official TN is similar, but I also really appreciated how the chicken's deathrattle is CLUCK and the Giraffe's is GIRAFFE

Giraffes are awesome. I love giraffes.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy gently caress dude this just keeps getting better. Also this all but confirms that Kaido is a dragon that ate a devil fruit. God drat.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy loving poo poo. All that training Luffy did absolutely paid off.

Chapter 923 - Luffy's first fight with Kaido was him going all-out with his strongest attacks while Kaido was drunk and taking everything at full force, and he just shrugged it all off and KO'd Luffy with one attack.

Chapter 1000 - Luffy floors Kaido with a single Gear Third attack. GEAR THIRD.

loving christ One Piece is so good.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aurubin posted:

If they're not all dead or just a narrative stepping stone for Luffy becoming King of the Selfish Assholes Pirates, I hope there's some contrast between the RA's idea of a ground up movement against the Celestial Dragons and the pirates' part in taking advantage of and helping to facilitate that system. Like I know someone mentioned how it was darkly played for laughs, but in a more serious work I could see Bartolemo presenting Luffy with someone's head, saying they were badmouthing him. Piracy in One Piece, as compared to Oda's earlier work, isn't really presented as a call to adventure imo. To me that's pretty much only Luffy. Everyone else is inspired to steal, pillage, and murder. Including most of those inspired by Luffy, Roger, and Whitebeard. Just not a world with a lot of positive role models.

Sort of related, but one of the Romance Dawn chapters actually distinguished between the two types of pirates (hostile/pillaging vs. peaceful/adventuring) with the terms Morgania and Peace Main. The distinction is dropped for the actual series but you can put the various pirate crews on a sliding scale of those terms.

There are definitely other pirate crews in the series besides the Straw Hats that are benevolent or at least not hostile towards others. The general worldview seems to be that pirates are bad, though, because of the vast amount of pirates that fight and pillage and how overt their actions are.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sub Harrison posted:

What do you think Roger and Luffy said? It's gotta be something more than "King of the Pirates".

...the very best, like no one ever was!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Chapter 1000 is amazing. Luffy is amazing. Oda is amazing. One Piece is amazing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I think it's time for Luffy to beat Kaido and Big Mom right now so both of them can star in the next cover arc story.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mulderman posted:

Thoughts on the Shokugeki no Sanji chapter? I really loved it. Made Sanji look cool again.

I enjoyed it!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eqca_Wc2V0&t=20s

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:tviv:

I love how we haven't cut away from this fight at all since it started. And no break next week yeeeeessss

Xarbala posted:

This is the hypest poo poo

also, lmao lightning again.

Luffy no-sells the lightning 'cause he's made of rubber. Then he just plows through Kaido's fire breath 'cause he's just that loving tough. Both of their reactions are so good, too.

Absolutely cannot wait to see this whole fight animated in like a year.

Xarbala posted:

I'm still excited for every chapter drop and I look forward to the official version.

:same:

This is currently the only manga where I'll read the scanlations and then re-read the official translation a couple days later. It's just that loving good.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 29, 2021

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

"I'm made of rubber!"
" :vincefrog: "

First time seeing this new emote. That's so loving good.

Bisse posted:

holy smokes

I'm made of rubber! And guts!!

Enma missing a huge target like that is a bizarre mistake from a swordsman like Zoro, that sword must be really hard to control, or he needs more therapy sessions for his sense of location

To be fair, Big Mom saw what was coming and yelled at Kaido to DOOOOOODGE so he had ample time to get the gently caress outta the way.

ChaseSP posted:

Big Mama looks so loving shocked at this poo poo makes me grin, it's like Enel all over again.

holy poo poo I want to see a Kaido & Big Mom Double Enel Face right before Luffy KOs them both

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

One Piece Manga Thread: GUTS!!!

Kaido: "wororo he took a bite of gum-gum"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm ok with how Sanji's situation got resolved. Can't fight a woman, spider-lady baits him into calling for Robin... but he knows full well that Robin can handle herself and he knows he can rely on his friends. It goes all the way back to Enies Lobby with his speech to Usopp Sniper King about things people can and can't do.

Also :lol: at Yamato giving Momo an eyeful. "Quick, hide in my clothes!" :sonia:

jassa posted:

WE'RE GETTING A ROBIN FIGHT!!!

:getin: :getin: :getin:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

RING OUT :frogout:

If they manage to keep Kaido and all of Big Mom's homies distracted long enough, she's screwed. Unless Perospero or someone else suddenly shows up.

Jose posted:

one piece loving owns

dude wtf spoiler tags

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

CYB ORG HENTAI

"CYBORG HENTAI" is a pretty solid thread title.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLivdpRo5tM

Looking forward to someone making an animated "Roger Didn't Laugh" edit.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo I was hoping Zoro would pull out Asura AND HE DID :swoon:

Holy poo poo I can't believe how obvious it was all along. "Oh, you're coating yourself in Conquerer's Haki, yeah ok I'll do that now." Then he makes Kaido look like a chump.

Absolutely amazing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Gyges posted:

Also, we have yet to mention Zorro losing unfathomable amounts of blood, so he's not even close to done. Pulverized bones and internal injuries ain't poo poo until someone mentions that there's 500 gallons of Zorrogloben on the floor. I expect him to tag in for a super combo with Luffy to finish Kaido, or to suddenly jump in and do a crowd stupefying slash to save the capital/the floating skull at the last second.

I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing happened this chapter. :zoro:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Quoting for new page because :lol::lol::five:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The one moment from the second half of Naruto I can actually remember was during the final arc: Naruto used Reverse Sexy Harem Jutsu to turn into a bunch of naked dudes so he could get her to drop her guard and then punch her, and it actually worked.

I guess there was some other stuff too but it all blended together for me and nothing really stands out.

As for other series, I tried reading Undead Unluck but wasn't really digging the gimmick where the beefcake dude activates the teenage girl's powers by grabbing her titties.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:tviv:

jfc Oda

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

this chapter is so gooooood :swoon:

gently caress yes I wanna see Yamato join, I would love to see how he interacts with everyone

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

All of the hints and lore about laughter, smiling, joy, etc. I mean, look at everything:

- Joy Boy.
- Laugh Tale. Roger just laughed.
- SMILE fruits. Dud fruits take away your ability to emote anything except smiling and laughing.
- The people of the D that die with a smile on their face.
- And now this new lore about Nika the Sun God.

ODA

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, did Oda himself draw that page or was it the Where’s Waldo guy (I forget his name)?

Martin Handford is the Where's Waldo guy. It really looks like his art style! They said it was a collab so I'm pretty sure it's actually his art and not Oda copying it.

Also +1 to wanting a poster-sized high quality print of that spread. Wow.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

someone actually had a good theory about blackbeard for once: he has the kraken fruit.
thematically would make sense.
8 different points on his flag, one for each arm.
octopuses have 3 hearts, which could enable him to eat more than one fruit if it really is related to the heart or soul. he commonly has a theme around the number three.
octopuses dont sleep deeply except for 40 seconds to a minute.

gently caress, I actually really like this. This also fits with characters mentioning his unique/unusual body and having three hearts certainly fits the bill.

It would be even more amazing if it wasn't even a mythical Kraken zoan, just a regular-rear end octopus zoan.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo this chapter

DEMON CHILD ROBIN

Hack was great. "C'mon, she's strong enough already with all those dislocation moves, don't bother her!"

Caribou coming in clutch, I love it.

mabels big day posted:

I think Buggy's fruit has as much potential if not more than Luffy's, he just doesnt try

I always liked how Mihawk was kinda dumbfounded by the fact that he couldn't injure Buggy at all since he's completely immune to cutting attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:quagmire: