Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With Kaido mentioning a son I guess we'll get confirmation of if he had any kids with Big Mom.

Also I love that Denjiro is the only scabbard that thinks Kin'emon is a tactical genius.

EDIT: By the way I've forgotten, what happened to Garfield? Has he just not arrived yet?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

So it gonna turn we've seen the Tobi Roppo/Flying Six already, right? That's why it's only showing their legs?

There have been many, many times Oda has shown new characters in silhouettes. That said we know 2 of them already, Drake and Page One. I'm guessing Apoo will also be one. The other 3 will be new characters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Nope, they made a point when the Straw Hats showed up that if the moon was out they would have trounced him.

Yeah imagine a whole "island" of minks during a full moon...

Though I can't imagine it would go well after Jack was down and they don't have a target.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ryaomon posted:

As a counterpoint: Enies Lobby is every single member of the crew gaining a new powerup out of nowhere with at most one line of explanation.

Eh, training offscreen is better than just developing a new powerup in the middle of a fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Diable Jambe also now has a connection to the way the Vinsmoke Brothers have odd elemental powers without having fruits either, so I wonder if that was roughly when the full nature of the Vinsmokes was first conceptualised.

Wasn’t it said Sanji is just a normal human and has no powers?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Here's a preview

Besides Drake and Page One the other 4 Flying Six are all new characters. Each one is named after a card game. Also Page One's human form design is cool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Black Maria’s horns look real. Is she the same species as Kaido/the numbers?

Also Sasaski looks like a former Sun pirate. Guess he’ll be who Jinbe fights.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NowonSA posted:

There's certainly a lot of current One Piece coloring my view of Kuina's death, I guess because both the abilities of characters and wild story developments make falling down stairs not really fit into what I consider the One Piece mold, which has me grasping for something that would make it seem to fit in. Ultimately I just need to remember that's a super long time ago from very early on. Someone also mentioned cape comics, and as fan of those there was some of my "nobody stays dead in comics" mind at work there too.

Characters in flashbacks are just normal humans.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
House 5 just for Sanji’s cooking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Law specializes in surgeries though, you can't cure Corona with a surgery. Chopper might be better with diseases.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers are out already so we’ll probably get a speed scan soon, with the official release coming May 10th. So it’s actually next week we’ll be without a chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Parrotine posted:

Do we know a Yamato in this comic? I feel like I've heard that name before it dropped in this chapter

Nope. Seems to be a new character, unless it's the real name of a current one.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 9, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cat Machine posted:

I finally Platinum'd Pirate Warriors 4 and I gotta say... it's the best One Piece game of all time!! Loved it so much that I ended up replaying the story on Ultra Hard and unlocked all the form changes for characters. Kaido's dragon mode is particularly loving great. You ain't lived until you've caught Kizaru, Fujitora and Akainu in an electrified tornado and flung them three Wano fields away.

How many hours did that take you?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cat Machine posted:

My file says 30! 30 hours well spent mashing the poo poo outta the square button

Wow that's a LOT less than I was expecting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If I liked Hyrule Warriors will I like Pirate Warriors 4? Also the Switch version is bad right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The worst spoiler

No chapter next week.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hell ya I've been waiting to see more of Apoo's fruit. Seems really strong but I'm guessing it has some restrictions.

For the Flying Six member Queen is planning on killing, the obvious answer is he found out about SWORD and it's Drake but that seems too obvious. Maybe it's Page One for failing to kill Sanji.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 22, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Scratchmen Apoo's rank in Kaido's crew keeps being a mystery other than that he's no lower than being at least a Headliner (who's stronger than that rank would indicate).

I mean Hawkins is also just a headliner. It might not be an issue of strength, it’s just that they haven’t been in the crew for very long.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I’m guessing there will only be 2-3 arcs after this one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait 5 acts, what?

It’s a kabuki thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some spoilers are out already~

- One of the numbers appears outside of their silhouette. Sadly they just look like giants with horns(Black Maria is probably a former number). Guessing they're a species native to Onigashima? And possibly relatives of Oars?
- Marco knocks the Big Mom pirates down the waterfall again, then shows up at Onigashima with Neko and Izo.
- Whos Who's subordinates are all cat people for some reason?
- It appears you can block Apoo's abilities by not hearing the music, so covering your ears works if you're far enough away.
- And the most important spoiler: No break next week!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NowonSA posted:

I really liked this too, I never would have thought that was the case in a million years, but it makes perfect sense based on their devil fruit ability and overall gimmick. I also like how it makes them one of the strongest OP characters if you don't know the secret, but one of the weakest if you do. That's just some nice overall shonen goodness right there.

I assume Apoo must have some sort of weapon/martial arts if he has to fight someone solo. It's probably pretty hard to fight while also covering your ears.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mulderman posted:

Apoo could take Shanks. Try blocking both your ears with 1 arm you goober!

Shanks would just harden his ears with haki.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just got Pirate Warriors 4, any tips for a new player?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Should I work on finishing the story before I do too much treasure log stuff?

EDIT: By the way the DLC is ridiculously expensive.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 9, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Didn’t 4Kids Robin have a Texan accent?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The cutscenes in Pirate Warriors 4 are sooooo bad, and out of context most of the time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok it's pretty funny in Pirate Warriors 4 that the "Ace is now unlocked!" popup came right after the Ace's death cutscene.

Also I hate Chopper's voice so much.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

when did Momo shrink to the size of a hamster? Or did everyone just grow? The proportions of kanjuro and orochi seem exaggerated this chap.

Everyone in that scene is a giant. Even Kanjuro is 11’5”

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

So I fully believe the format for this arc and we haven't had the tragedy but I'd like those more in the know the speculate how they think things might go

I thought everyone missing and the boats being destroyed was the tragedy part.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was wrong, Chopper's voice isn't the worst. Rebecca's is. She sounds like a 5 year old. I hope this wasn't her voice for the anime too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's really weird how Pirate Warriors 4 "translates" One Piece as Gold Roger's lost treasure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
My favourite One Piece opening is the one where the lyrics go “Yay!” over characters doing a sieg heil.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Libra posted:

Do you think X Drake was able to infiltrate their ranks so easily because Kaidou wanted to complete his dinosaur collection?

I want to say it's just a thematic coincidence like most of Big Mom's crew having food/cooking based devil fruits.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess she has had like 50 years to stockpile fruits.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

One problem with this is he didn't seem to know what Luffy looked like.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bacon flaps posted:

my personal FEELING is that the multi-power thing has something to do with the yami-yami, since blackbeard staked it out and killed for it after some serious undercover work/subterfuge despite his personality being so boisterous and generally, um, anti-stealth? or not who knows but i am definitely interested in learning more blackbeard backstory

The thing is that Burgess in Dressarosa seemed to have the ability to do it too, since he was talking about killing Sabo and taking his fruit. Maybe he just meant he’d drag his corpse all the way back for Blackbeard to do it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you have the chapter for that? Because I reread that part a few weeks ago and I don’t remember him carrying any fruits.

Kild posted:

He doesnt have a fruit

Oh you meant the ability of having 2 fruit powers, not taking the fruit from a dead body. Marco said it was due to Blackbeard’s unique body, something he had before eating the Dark fruit(for example in the flashback it was revealed he doesn’t/can’t sleep).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ryaomon posted:

Marco: He has a strange body

Marco again: He never sleeps

Dumbasses: its twins

:actually: It was Buggy that pointed out he didn’t sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nessus posted:

I feel like this has to be valid because the World Nobles would have absolutely had someone eat two of them, probably in public.

Yeah CP9 said they’ve done tests on it.