Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

So much for telling us not to read spoilers Viz!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is it Jimbei or Jinbei?
My name is Jim and he's my bae so I will always call him Jimbei

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE CREW SPREAD

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I really want Kaido’s son to be a huge NEET who spends his days drinking and reading Sora the Marine Hero comics

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If they don't add Kinemon I'm gonna riot

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Philosopher King posted:

Luffy has no interest in women cuz he can suck his own dick
This post is embarrassing to me as a human being

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The timing of these breaks is terrible. Right as things really start kicking off, it’s brutal.
Perfect time to engage in meaningless ranking of characters!

https://tiermaker.com/create/one-piece-character-1252

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Professorjuggalo posted:

I think there’s a break after this chapter
Yep. Golden Week next week.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sanji's attack names in the 4Kids dub fuckin rule

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Libra posted:

Some say that Luffy has TWO brothers, but that sounds fake and made up to me
Sabo’s dead, give it up bro

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Any idea if the new chapter will drop soon? Apparently there were rumblings of early spoilers on Wednesday then they suddenly stopped. I'm itching for a new release. :f5:
The leaked scans are rough as hell, so I imagine any scanlations made from them will look terrible

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Tolth posted:

Also the guy has a net worth of 1/5th of a billion dollars. Just saying.
The only 1/5th billionaire who deserves every cent he's made

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Parrotine posted:

I'm sorta not on board with the eventh hour asspull of Kaidou having a son so late in the game here.

Feels a bit cheap. You couldn't bring him into the plot a bit earlier Oda? Not during Act II somewhere, or maybe after Kaido and Big Mom threw down? Maybe he's saving him for some post-Wano action, I could get behind that a bit more.
I think it's worth recognising that Kaido hasn't really been developed that far as a character yet, despite the fact he was introduced (5!) years ago. We still don't know all that much about him, his motivations or his abilities. To me, it makes sense that his son wouldn't have been introduced yet if his role isn't that of an enforcer/representative within the Beast Pirates. There hasn't been an organic opportunity to introduce him yet, and the current cast is huge enough as it is already. Plus, who's to say this is the endgame of Wano? We're still in Act 3.

Some of the things Kaido's said/done in the past dozen or so chapters (the way he handled Oden's execution, his conversation with Momo, the relatively chill dialogue in this current chapter) leads me to believe we've only scratched the surface of the character... I trust Oda to write Yamato into the story in a way that feels right and there's a lot of potential in their father/son dynamic and how it relates to Big Mom and her family - presumably this arc is gonna blow the lid on their Rocks past at some point.

i am tim! posted:

It was someone else that posed this idea originally, but I hope Kaido’s son is a NEET.
I said this, and my guess is that he's gonna be a young vulnerable kid who serves as a foil or counterpart to Momo. One of the enduring themes of Wano has been perpetual cycles of violence, and I think Oda is trying to create an opportunity for Momo to break the wheel and bring lasting peace.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 12, 2020

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Just spitballing here, but what if Edward Weevil is somehow a rejected offspring between Big Mom and Whitebeard and that's how he ended up in the care of his current granny?
whitebeard doesn't gently caress

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0ScdeWFBs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7jCNqk714lY

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I finally Platinum'd Pirate Warriors 4 and I gotta say... it's the best One Piece game of all time!! Loved it so much that I ended up replaying the story on Ultra Hard and unlocked all the form changes for characters. Kaido's dragon mode is particularly loving great. You ain't lived until you've caught Kizaru, Fujitora and Akainu in an electrified tornado and flung them three Wano fields away.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

How many hours did that take you?
My file says 30! 30 hours well spent mashing the poo poo outta the square button

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

Wow that's a LOT less than I was expecting.
Once you know the best builds and where most character coins are, levelling characters can be done pretty efficiently - especially in comparison to PW3. I took Katakuri from level 1 to his super-broken level 18 build in about half an hour.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pirate Warriors 4 is the best musou game ever made so yeah, if you like Hyrule Warriors you will like PW4

Darth Walrus posted:

Akainu is hilariously brutal in PW4. Huge attack radius, huge damage, and leaves behind DOTs just in case you didn't instakill everything within three city blocks with your basic combo. I've also found that the skills that increase your attack and defence at low health are the most effective for high-level play (along with the four resource-farming skills), although I'm open to alternatives.
Zoro and Bege's skills are a must - healing while in full-force burst and extended full-force burst, respectively. Form changes count as FFBs, so on characters like Luffy and Kaido you're essentially invulnerable. If you play Luffy right, you can just alternate between Boundman and Snakeman for an entire level.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah, I would probably use the low-life boost on top of those skills. Except with Katakuri... Katakuri with his donuts up will happily melt the lifebar of pretty much anyone, skill or no skill.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

The worst spoiler

No chapter next week.
I guess it’s gonna be two chapters a month for a while, as Oda implied. :(

Darth Walrus posted:

What active abilities did you use for Kat? Did you just stick with the obvious option of his three invincible cutscene attacks and his FFB, or did you go off the beaten path?
I like trying to get the combo counter as high as I can, so I used Buzzcut Mochi and the gatling one (anemone?) along with his 1* mochi drone thing that auto-attacks for you. The drone doesn’t do much damage, but leaves enemies hitstunned and keeps your counter going while Katakuri does his wind-ups. I got to 70,000 hits one time! Probably the most exciting thing that’s happened to me in quarantine.

Other lil tip I have for him is that his Square, Triangle mochi transport move has pretty decent AOE and is faster than his run - pretty great for getting around the map!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Reiche posted:

It's always nice to see the moment when a major character begins to realize the depth of the Strawhats' ridiculousness

We're gonna get to see Law's alliance character arc all over again :allears:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Will be really cool if the key to beating Scratchman is just putting some earplugs in (and Luffy might still have his from WCI!) - feels like a long time since Oda had the crew beat a baddie through something other than willpower/brute force.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This used to be in the OP (Original Post) but it isn't any more and I think it should be in the OP (Original Post / One Piece)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This chapter was my favourite kind of One Piece chapter

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Mayumi Tanaka rules for being the reason that was included.
What’s the story here??

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I... feel bad for Kaido? He seems sad.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The shot of Orochi staring into his cup like it’s Oden’s pot is pure fuckin kino

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Jose posted:

so do people think the note is going to have some further significance which is why we got to see it rather than just being a verbal message?
I think it was just a misdirection by Oda to make the reader feel like the alliance’s odds were stacked against them harder than they actually were - he wanted that moment with the scabbards at the port to feel as desperate as possible. It makes perfect sense that Marco is joining the fight after what Whitebeard said at the end of Marineford, so I don’t think there was ever any doubt in Oda’s mind that he was gonna come help.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is it better or worse that they stopped doing EDs?
WORSE

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Really loved the Luffy / Ulti fight. Some fantastic momentum work by Oda and great choices of "camera angles". Who says One Piece doesn't have good fights??

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

A Bug posted:

Now that Luffy's found Yamato, I wonder which Calamity he's going to be.
Ooooh, that's an interesting point when taken in tandem with Zoro's page this chapter. It would be kinda funny if they both ended up qualifying to work for Kaido.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

Queen is just so damned pumped all the time and its great.
hell yeah he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0riMEBnLVpM

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

i am tim! posted:

Yes, there is a break next week.
A planned break because the Tokyo Olympics were gonna start next week :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

Looks like aside from Oda they actually got a bunch of artists to do Line stickers from Kishimoto to Dreams Come True to the actual voice actors from the show. https://onepiece-line.com/

The official twitter has been showing off and retweeting some of them and some of them are already up on the Japanese Line store

Big fan of the one that uses the PS1 game models and the cringe compilation
So hosed up that I can’t buy these!!!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

S-so hard-boiled...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Spanish Matlock posted:

I can't possibly be the first person to make this dumb joke, right?

Turning red guys into blue guys is Luffy’s ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Juchero posted:

Especially not one that exhorts multiculturalism and racial equality as its only objectively good policies
I don't wanna go TOO far down the rabbit hole here, but the Whole Cake arc started in 2016, which would have the been first year with Hillary Clinton as president... WHAT WAS ODA TRYING TO SAY :chanpop: