Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Kanjuro needs to die so that Carrot can take his ability to bring drawings to life, I can't accept any other outcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Libra posted:

Señor Pink is a useful character for explaining or summarizing the appeal of One Piece for someone who's unfamiliar.

10 seconds is all u need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6IULSTH2o

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Kin's ability to instantly create an entirely new wave of character designs to merchandise the hell out of is genius on Oda's part

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Can't believe I'm seeing all this Punk Hazard hate when it gave us the Yeti Cool Brothers, everyone's favorite characters

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Brook's panties bit was getting stale until it paid off in the fight against Big Mom and now I'm fully back on board

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

The what?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

X Nuts

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

His son is a loaf of sourdough bread that he baked in quarantine

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I've found Apoo's perfect counter

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Not gonna lie for a second there I was pretty excited to watch a 30 minute cut of the Dressrosa arc

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Believe was so good that I didn't mind it being the OP for what felt like 700 episodes

e: the original English eurobeat version is also very good

Fawf fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 19, 2020

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

You're all going to look like fools when we learn that Kaido's son isn't related by blood and that he adopted Gin during the timeskip

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

He definitely hit it, unless Monet had a massively coincidental heart attack right as he did so. It's One Piece though, there's all kinds of ways Oda could have her survive that work well enough for the story. Maybe she froze over the wound with her ice power, I dunno.

Doffy's string powers are so broken he fixed her heart from 300 miles away

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Professorjuggalo posted:

Big mom and kaido in theory shouldn’t have a clue where any of the ancient weapons are, I wonder if we’ll see which one they were gunning for.

Caribou knows about Poseidon and it's entirely possible he spilled the beans

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

The weapon-stealing cactus bounty hunter from the Dressrosa coliseum had a cool gimmick and it felt like missed potential he never popped up again

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah that's something that's almost certainly fixed in the collected volume

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

danzaroo posted:

For anyone upset that Carrot didn't make the cut in this chapter's spread, I got you.

holy gently caress

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

one day brook's going to achieve his 50 year dream of reuniting with that iceberg and it's gonna be sick

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Nothing a tall glass of milk can't fix

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Jose posted:

Stupid question as I am drunk. What confirmed devil fruit would you want irl and why

as a millennial forever crammed in a tiny apartment I'd kill for Caribou's infinite storage

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

I really recommend checking this week's OP Anime episode. It's the transitional episode a bit before Oden starts, so it's a good reminder of all the insane stuff that's going on outside of Wano. Also its direction is immaculate and BIG NEWS was *incredible*.

Yeah no kidding, I came for BIG NEWS but the whole ep was :discourse:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Larryb posted:

The only thing good about Dressrosa in the anime was the voice acting (though to be fair even the manga version of that story arc dragged a bit). Though I thought some bits of Whole Cake Island were ok in the anime at least.

The musical bits of Whole Cake were really cool but oh my loving god I'd kill to see how they'd look overseen by the director of the latest episode

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

make lily enstomach canon and also a straw hat

Alpacacino or bust

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

God I just remembered them turning the King Kong Gun against Doflamingo into a protracted beam battle and looked disgusted.

They did the same thing when Luffy demolished Caesar at the end of Punk Hazard and it suuuuuuuuucked

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Larryb posted:

I think there was a post-timeskip OVA where he came back but I never watched it. Is it any good?

No, there's like 5 minutes of a Davy Back Fight and then Foxy just mopes around while his crew is completely absent until the very end, it suuuuuuuuucks

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Vista?? In the top 25????

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Honestly I thought the meme was based on existing knowledge and I never would've known I was being spoiled if it hadn't been pointed out

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Kaido's half-beast form looks exactly like Oden, who'da thunk it

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

LostRook posted:

So you're saying instead of some huge climatic battle between Luffy and Blackbeard, Luffy should just recruit Magellan as his newest nakama.

I wouldn't rule out Doc Q as someone who could trigger Magellan's catastrophic, debilitating diarrhea and take him out of the fight

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Funkfreed was pretty underwhelming, wasn't he? Back when Fukuro pointed out that Spandam had a power level of only 9, Spandam claimed that his sword's power compensated for his personal physical weakness. And then Funkfreed got taken out by Franky in one hit.

franky being a boss does not reflect poorly on funkfreed

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ETWLWuPyQ

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Luffy is made out of rubber

How did that happen

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My guess is Tamas power goes away when the dango passes

For this to be true they'd have to have kept feeding Speed the brainwashing dango for two weeks which would be even more hosed up

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Elfgames posted:

a pirate, swearing? unheard of! :monocle:

mr. 1 also drops a hard f-slur at mr. 2 at the spider cafe

it's a trash translation

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009