Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Wow this Jinbe guy rules, what's his story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I am people, can confirm that I love Jinbe.

But also? Perona should join. That Moria guy is no good.

Edit: I'm lying I love Moria too.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I really appreciate Nami's armor. Might be one of my favorite outfits for her.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The only thing in Enies Lobby that didn't quite nail it for me is that I found Lucci to be kinda boring as a badguy.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Demonicpoodle posted:

just an extremely powerful being revered as a deity (Kaido's seen as a deity in Wano).

Isn't that exactly what a god is?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Tolth posted:

Carrot is either going to join the crew, die, or have a big twist. There's no other reason for her to be around for so long. Oda is incredibly careful about his allocation of panels now and I don't believe he would waste the time he's spent on Carrot.

I mean, he's a good writer, but sometimes he does things just because he likes them or thinks they're cool. Carrot is a fun, cute character. That's reason enough to keep her around for so long.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I like the girl who keeps trying to talk fancy.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
PW4 is enjoyable enough but I feel like PW3 had a more cartoony style and a brighter color palette more in line with what One Piece should be like.

This one kinda reminds me of the screenshots of that single player One Piece open world game that came out last year.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Probably Nami or Robin. I think he's been shown bathing with them a once or twice.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
In the meantime I have achieved one of my goals and convinced some friends of mine who are behind on One Piece (and one of whom has never read it) to start a One Piece Book Club to catch up to it. I am very excited.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I feel like he outright says he doesn't care about human women at some point, but I also can't remember when that was.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I was trying to look up where Chopper said it and found a picture of Zoro scrubbing Chopper when they were in the royal baths, so it's probably a duty the whole crew shares.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
She doesn't need to flip sides just for that when she could just take him.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
VIVI IS STILL A STRAWHAT.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This always happens. A character is overwhelmingly referred to as one gender and implied to be trans, the character refers to themself as their preferred gender, then one character or panel refers to them as their biological gender and whoop, that's all some people need, all the more numerous instances of in this case Yamato being called a man are now invalidated.

It's so tiring.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Remember when Pell exploded while carrying a bomb that was said to be powerful enough to wipe out two whole armies.

And then he loving lived.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
If you should have died but you didn't it basically means Oda doesn't consider you important enough for your death to have a real impact.

Or you're a Strawhat.

Edit: Nevermind I immediately remembered Bon Clay after posting this and I retract this post.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I want it, very badly.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
When would you folks say that Usopp's pre-timeskip design was mostly solidified? I've been reading through again as part of a One Piece focused book club with a few friends and Usopp's design is very different when he first shows up.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I didn't get a good sense for where Nami and Carrot are in all this. Are they at Big Mom's feet?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Maybe Orochi will connect with CP0.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I genuinely don't understand why it bothers people that some of us still want Carrot to join.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

danzaroo posted:

Yeah, one of them, anyways. It was a pretty fun stretch when people were firing off their renditions of classic OP scenes, one after another. Hard to believe that was 10 (!) years ago.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and sorry for adding fuel to the Carrot flame war. She's a good kid.

Nah I thought it was funny. Poking fun at fan theories/wishes is good.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I have a theory that someday after One Piece ends we're going to look back at Skypiea and realize that it was the entirety of One Piece's plot in one arc.

I'm not basing this on anything other than me really liking Skypiea and how it perfectly distills One Piece down to its best elements.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The Grand Line is the result of an ocean current eating a devil fruit.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Libra posted:

An ocean current would drown in itself if it ate a devil fruit.

If a fishman who ate a devil fruit doesn't drown, I think an ocean current would be fine.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Libra posted:

Ah, so both sides of the calm belt are ocean currents that ate devil fruits and sank to the bottom of themselves and lost their ability to swim.

Now you're getting it!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I like Koala.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Cat Machine posted:

What are the best non-fictions books about pirates? I wanna learn more about pirates

Several years back I got "Under the Black Flag: The Romance and Reality of Life Among Pirates" and I recall it being pretty good.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
1. Nami asking for Luffy's help in the Arlong Saga.
2. Blackbeard's motivational speech on Jaya
3. The Florian Triangle Mystery Creatures

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I liked Oden a lot, but strangely his death didn't do much for me? Usually flashbacks are really good at getting the tears out of me but his didn't do that.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Regarding egg laying, look to SBS volume 10.

D: When the Arlong guys and the other Fish-Men give birth, do they lay eggs like fish?

O: BZZZT. Fish-Men are still mammals, so they give birth the way humans do. There are fishwomen too, of course.

This might not apply to merpeople though.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Terror Sweat posted:

I have no idea where anyone is in relation to one another or how far away they are, the size and layout of this building is hosed

It's a Mystery Building.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Luffy's ready, ya'll. He's gonna do this. I'm so hyped.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't want Big Mom to die. Not because I think she does or doesn't deserve it, but because she's a really, really fun character and I'd love to have her around as long as possible.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I hope Pirate Warriors 4 does another set of character packs. I really wanna play as Yamato, I really like him.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I hope not, Yamato's a much better character than Momo.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Ubiquitus posted:

I think the second thing you said would be really impactful writing. Yeah maybe they do beat one of the two here, but the consequence of that is a lot of people dying, and that is something Luffy has to live with forever

This seems like it belongs in a different story.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Imagining a three way argument between Zeff, Sanji, and Pudding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah the dango power is pretty hosed up not gonna lie.