Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I enjoy that Kidd was perfectly willing to let them cause poo poo to advance his plans until apoo showed up. Revenge is always worth it folks. ALWAYS. Get that mofo Kidd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Please have Yamato ask to join the crew

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Libra posted:

The crew's already bloated enough that they don't all get enough screen-time. Plus they just got a new dad! (technically an old dad but he's here officially now)

I never said I want luffy to take him. I just want him to ask, it would be great... Also they need a cabin boy ala shanks and buggy

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Queen is just so damned pumped all the time and its great.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

He probably just thought Pound was dead and left, letting the poor guy crawl away later. I mean Oven had a lot more to worry about than Pound given all the poo poo that was going on at the time.

Pound and Big Mom were a couple... I'm just going to assume any of her partners are far more sturdy and durable than the norm for one piece verse.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

JahRoo posted:

I'm curious what was special about Pound that Big Mom wanted to have kids with him. Based on his treatment she didn't seem to like or care about him very much, so there must have been another reason.

She had them at the point where she was already having half-fishman, half-long leg, etc. children, so I wonder if there was anything special about where he came from or his fighting abilities that we didn't see.

He's pretty big. Big mom has always wanted big children so they could all sit at the same table.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

If you like being surprised, then I absolutely recommend not looking up spoilers for the next chapter, because hooooooly shiiiiiit. :stare::stare::stare:

I dislike you

Now I have to wait and be anxious about this sweet new chapter till it comes out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Did they decapitate roger? I thought the two marine executioners just rammed the blades into his heart.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am Kidds "THIS IS TOTALLY WORTH IT" face while he is strangling apuu

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Tolth posted:

Reminder that Shanks forced the Beast Pirates back in a sea battle somehow.

And its a shame because Kaido would have helped fight the WG and free Ace (because he wants to recruit Ace simply for his name)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Queen's OHSHIT face is strong

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sindai posted:

"Kaido, nobody is going to think you're a good dad until you remove the explosive cuffs from your son."

NO! He will remain in Cufftention until he gives up this silly Oden daydream and gets back to studying real pirating.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will note its clearer now they didn't just bring the cat and dog

All the drat mink musketeers are here and about to go school-long on Kaido

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Green Intern posted:

Ulti is wearing a face mask, presumably.

Practicing Social Distance so to slow the spread of the Kaidonavirus.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Full dinosaur Queen is such a great look.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I'm just loving queen rocking the minigun like that

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Identical quadruplets but different heights because :science:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shanks Crew probably didn'tt like to go see WB because WB was from Rogers time and treated them like kids. Trying to give them candy and money etc.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Yamato is good

Chapter is good

More smile users please Oda.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

rannum posted:

I liked how Big Mom's reaction to Marco's smug "MY fire is different" was just IMMEDIATELY putting him in a choke hold to line up a kill shot.

Big Mom: Still the best

Perospero pointing out that "dude blew himself up and I lost an arm, don't call me his killer" is :discourse:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Yamato is a good guy.

Oda is a master of just making you love a character nearly instantly

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

it would be totally cool if

Kaido and Yamato are not fruit users and just literally motherfuggin dragons up in this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think the Translation cleans it up enough that it looks like Yamato is Baseball batting a rock up into Hacha's chin, not some weird rear end super haki bullshit thing

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Jose posted:

has everyone forgotten the amazons adding haki to their arrows? it was sending haki through the club to the rock

This, literally called Arrow as well in the attack name.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Buggy can be cut, he just takes 0 damage from it, Haki won't help you cut him any better, just turn your sword flat and bash him upside the head with the haki infused side, works perfectly.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

I’ve honestly been thinking about how hosed Buggy would have been back in East Blue if Zoro wasn’t dumb as bricks and immediately picked up on the fact that something was up before getting sucker punched.

Also how funny it is that Buggy, the guy who was an apprentice on fuckin Gold Roger’s crew (and unlike haki was actually one of those things that was planned from forever ago) wanted to shank a rookie pirate hunter to bolster his reputation. Truly Buggy is the reverse Zoro; no matter impressive your pedigree, you can still be a goddam scrub if you never try to get stronger.

Being known as a member of Gold Rogers Crew and NOT being able to fight at least a vice admiral of the navy sounds like a good way to get dead. Hiding his identity and building a rep from scratch is the smart play for Buggy in that Circumstance, especially given that unlike Shanks Buggy didn't just GET GUD. Hell Rayleigh would have probably given Buggy lessons and poo poo if Buggy had asked.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ODA

YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

If it had just been whenever you cut the string the birdcage fires down EVEN MORE strings, it would have worked out perfectly for "beat the source"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

With the official Translation out. Ya'll see those THROAT GUNS queen is rocking?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I don't hate either Kaido or Big Mom, Both of them are complex characters with a lot of depth.

Totally onboard MOST celestial dragons getting a good solid punching.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So we can confirm that law has to get to touch range to use gamma knife, he can't just long range with it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Buggy has depression and underestimates his own capabilities.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Look Robin is getting a fight, and it looks like a serious fight because Black Maria got that sweet flaming weapon two page panel going on. You know Oda is going to bring it when he does those. Also brook is going to be support during the fight, probably will handle the underlings.

Sanji and Jack are going to throw down, Which should be a good fight.

Chopper and pals are duking it out with King and Queen down there.

Franky is having his epic Robot VS Dinosaur fight

Nami and Ussop are fighting the Dino Tag Team Couple

I forget what Jinbe is doing at this exact second but probably putting Kaido's people through walls and stuff.

and of course Luffy and Zoro (Plus Kid, Killer, and Law) are up against Kaido and Big Mom in the main event

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

Sanji's "I don't have the will to tank this hit!" and Robin talking about "the devil inside" has got me thinking this could be her haki moment... I feel like Brook surely must have some kind of haki too considering he's just dunking on New World fools all over the place

Sanji's is "My will won't LET me tank this hit because I might bruise a woman's hand."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I I unironically like Kaido's hybrid form. I bet when we see him doing some action in it, that it will loving rock.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So the final match up looks to be

Luffy vs. Kaido

Kidd, Killer, Law, and Zorro vs BIG MOM. Literally JRPG boss fight with a Mage (kidd) two Warriors (zorro and Killer. 1 tank and 1 high speed dps) and a Healer/Mage (Sorry Law you are the healbot, accept your fate)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Starting to think One Piece might be good, actually. Going to give it another 1000 chapters just to be certain.

I was just thinking I should give it another thousand rereads.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Blackbeard can't shut off poison that is already present, and he can't logia dodge, not a great match up against someone who can cover everything in posion.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Elblanco posted:

When was this stated? I remember Whitebeard saying that everyone was curious as to why he came back from the east blue, missing and arm, which implies he was a big enough deal back then that Whitebeard noticed.

He was on Roger's crew as a young Kid, Whitebeard being a fatherly type of person would have noticed and cared about him, 100% would have made sure Roger was taking care of Shanks right. So Whitebeard would be well aware of Shanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Oda: Oh you thought I was done? that I finished with setting up the fights for this arc? WELL LET ME SHOW YOU MY TRUE POWER!