Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Usopp doesn't need eyes to aim at Van Augur from two islands away.

Usopp has already used multistage ballistics so the next logical move for the world’s greatest sniper is to invent the ICBM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I could see Coby fighting part of Blackbeard's crew. It mirrors Roger and Garp fighting Rock.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tolth posted:

Kaidou's son is absolutely guaranteed to be a disappointing loser. Guaranteed.

I agree, but the way Kaido said his last announcement has something do to with his son gives me a little bit of doubt.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m still confused on how the whale shark fishman has a mouth full of teeth with giant fangs. Whale sharks have teeth, but they’re just a bunch of tiny little nubs.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bleck posted:

Hachi also has teeth. It's not supposed to be 1:1.

With Jinbe it is 0:1. What distinct feature does he have that would make him a whale shark? Does me have very well hidden spots that we’ve never seen?

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 15, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

HerraS posted:

What peculiar details did Fisher Tiger have that made him an obvious sea bream?

The color and he had a spikey dorsal fin.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

It's kind of funny to look at the Eleven Supernovas' introductions and see which ones ended up being evil.

Kid’s bounty was so high initially because he caused large civilian casualties so it’s not like being on Luffy’s side versus an Emperor makes them good.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

My long shot crewmember is Momo who sneaks aboard because he wants to get stronger before he takes over Wano. Even Rodger had cabin boys.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I Am Fowl posted:

Wait, then where is Enel?

Earth

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

This is the big turn, then. Luffy will get to the roof to find everyone down, have a brief scrap with Kaido then get loving wrecked again. Just in time for Christmas! Can't wait.

The rebellion failing here and them having to get everyone back together again to have another big huge crew battle might be a bit much pacing wise. Unless it ended with then giving up on Wano and fighting Kaido’s somewhere else, but they would be extremely unsatisfying and dumb.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I would like to see Momo wounding Kaido on the spot Oden did be the big turning point that starts to turn things around. Kaido says that there will never be a samurai as strong as Oden and this whole arc Momo has been dealing with what it means to be a real leader of his people. I don’t know how it would happen, but to me it would be extremely narratively satisfying.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the second davy back fight is going to be insane

Luffy is going to have a Davy Back fight to make big hat part of the crew.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

We still don’t know who brought Mochi girl and her animal friends.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought the joke of Chopper looking “Human” was that Zoans don’t look right to the actual animals the fruit represent, like some one who ate the Raindeer fruit would look super weird and not right to Chopper.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope Momo holds the island up when it looks like it’s going to fall on the capital.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Tobi Roppo and Akazaya Nine staying untranslated makes sense to me as Wano is supposed to have a super Japanese feel, and not translating helps distinguish from the types of names in the rest of the One Piece world.

Except the Beast Pirates aren't originally from Wano and the whole point of the arc is trying to kick them out. They shouldn't feel like they belong in the setting. I think it is a pretty stilly translation decision.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Her fruit works in a way that lets her look like a yokai.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bleck posted:

as a person who owns 95 volumes of One Piece I cannot disagree more

They still make printed volumes of digital manga.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The only way I can see Luffy taking a loss here is if Momo unlocks his dragon powers to keep the island from falling in the capital or give the citizens time to escape and even then it just seems incredibly mean to keep kicking the retainers while they are down and make it so everything they’ve done has been pointless.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Only the hero of Sniper Island can save the day now.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It says right in the picture that it isn’t ranked by votes, but some arbitrary count of whether a character got a lot of votes over a set period of time. So being listed in the top 25 doesn’t necessarily mean they were one of the top 25 most popular characters.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

“Usopp being immune to Perona’s powers just shows he’s lame doesn’t belong on the crew.”

- Someone in this thread, probably.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kaido’s hybrid form is pretty underwhelming. Not really worth it being in shadow and used as a cliffhanger a few chapters ago.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That Whitebeard needs to get stabbed theory can’t be right because it doesn’t even mention the nanomachines.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kaido can’t die because he is an ancient group of nanomachines that can’t stop working until they complete their ancient task of finding Joy Boy.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Julias posted:

The One Piece is endless break weeks for Oda.

He can’t reach that goal until he writes that mech manga he wants to do once One Piece is over.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

No Wave posted:

I don't really care who joins the crew anymore because the story's ending soon anyways, right?

The end of One Piece is like the event horizon of a black hole. The closer we get to it the more chapters it takes to reach it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m praying Kinemon’s fruit is secretly the most powerful one in existence.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The announcement is that he's ending One Piece because Luffy is dead now.

And Oda has taken over HunterxHunter which will resume publication.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Everybody has been asking who has the T-Rex fruit, turns out it is Luffy. Ever wonder why their arms always seem so short? They have natural rubber powers and can stretch them. What brings joy to people's faces like the majesty of the King of Tyrant Lizards? Have you ever seen a T-Rex be effected by lightning? I certainly haven't.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope Vegapunk makes the Human Human Fruit Model:Usopp.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

yum posted:

If this isn't the gomu gomu fruit, does this mean the real one is still out there? Or does this tie back to Skypeia and rubber didn't exist at the genesis of Devil fruits so there is no gomu gomu fruit, only a zoan of a dude who has rubber-like properties

The Five Elders are talking about it like the Gum Gum fruit is just a synonym for the Nika Human fruit.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

logger posted:

Maybe the drumming is coming from Sniper Island

The drums of liberation sound to the beat of Sogeking’s theme song.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ever Disappointing posted:

It's always been strange that the dark dark fruit didn't have the intangibility of any other logia, and that would also be explained by his fruit not being what we thought

Luffy’s fruit doesn’t let him turn back into a normal human either unlike every other Zoan. Some fruits just work differently. They all don’t need to be secretly a different thing than originally stated.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Elblanco posted:

That's cause he's already human though.

So is Sengoku, but he still seems to need to transform into a Buddha to use his abilities, unlike Luffy who is just always rubber.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 31, 2022

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can tell that Oda has really been wanting to draw characters' eyes popping out.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Oda needs to wrap up One Piece so he can make that mech manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Was this a real quote or is it one of those things made up and spread so often people believe it, like the dying kid who asked oda to tell him the ending

I have no idea, but I want to believe.