Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rody One Half posted:

Yo I tried to read that boichi cover of Zoro vs Mihawk and it was the worst garbage ever

Mihawk translated bery well to Boichis style.
Everyone else not at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Big Mom cooperating with Kaido would be absolute hell for X-Drake. while he may have dodged Kaidos suspicions hell have a hard time avoiding Big Moms informants.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fawf posted:

Kanjuro needs to die so that Carrot can take his ability to bring drawings to life, I can't accept any other outcome

None of the justifications of carrot as a strawhat convinced me except this one.
If she joins without the art-art fruit im cancelling carrot fans.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Because OP is the type of shonen where the cast gets stronger as it continues The power scaling was always going to be hosed since the longer the series goes the higher the ceiling must be pushed so it can appear to remain high.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

iirc Oda did an SBS on this at some point and its unintended

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well thats Helmeppo in the backgorund there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Elfgames posted:

apparently having your neck broken is just really loving lethal

Just like one piece people are naturally more resilient and strong.
So are the stairs
These are One piece death stairs, scourge of the land and seas, doom of all who wish to ascend (and descend)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CodfishCartographer posted:

I love that Robin finally has another mature adult to hang out with. I want a spread of her and Jinbe calmly drinking tea or something.

cover art: Jinbe and Robin drinking tea while Robin thinks of cute things.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

In theory Big Mom can give the skull life.

GA
SHA
DOKURO

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Terror Sweat posted:

Why not just ask for alvidas fruit

You dont get to be a penguin

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

U WANNA ROLL WITH THE HARDEST DUDES IN THE WORLD
ALL U GOTTA DO IS EAT THIS FRUIT* AND WEAR THE UNIFORM
WE GOT FIGHTS
WE GOT FOOD
WE GOT BOOZE
WE GOT ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES

ITS ALWAYS A PARTY AT KAIDO's

*terms and conditions apply

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ancwu_9KFTk

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wachter posted:

I think Kanjuro is in deep poo poo. Kaido seems to have a real aversion to hurting kids

Oden was one of the few people who could seriously hurt and possibly beat Kaido, and Kaido got cheated out of it.
Hes pissed about that, and wanted momo to grow up and finish the job.

And gently caress I just realized that was Izou in the end of the last chapter.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 12, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bleck posted:

Keep in mind that bounties aren't literally Power Levels - lots of characters do things and become more powerful in ways that don't necessarily raise their bounty. Doffy's bounty was lower than Luffy's when they fought! Totally normal for one of the supernovas to be kind of a Big Deal.

The Supernovas are explicitly some of the strongest, craftiest or most successful pirates of the worst generation.
Its not about the bounty, but about the infamy that title brings.

Kind of like the shichibukai, they may not have had the highest bounties before getting recruited but they were strong enough to be noticed and given the position.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I would love it if whereever the strawhats went big mom would follow them around until elbaf

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Yamato's big introduction post-reveal is that of a hot chick with side titty. they're probably not trans, folks

And O-kiku was the model of traditional Japanese femininity on her introduction.

I mean whats the evidence we have other than Yamato being referred to as male in literally every single mention of him and by his own admission.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 4, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im fine with kaido just offing orochi like this. while sure if this is actually orochis death its unfulfilling on a personal scale for the scabbards but Kaido is a global power. Almost a force of nature. orochi was always a petty piece of poo poo and Kaido very obviously hates associating with him. And now he dares to give him sass? Off with your head.

but Orochi is nothing if not a tenacious and crafty fucker. In fact that might be all he is.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

euphemism posted:

it makes sense that the cp0 will intervene because wano is the source of all of WG's seastone!!! its gonna happen.

CP0 or Sword might want to alpha strike this anyways since a Yonko alliance that is also partly a Rocks Pirates reunion is baaaaaad bad bad bad BAD news.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 18, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Julias posted:

^yeah it's this.

No jump week is hell

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pirate bounties were, in real life, not just incentives for pirate hunters but also incentive for pirates to turn on each other, either a rival crew or that particular captains crew doing a mutiny for the cash.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No Wave posted:

So their plan is to appear in the middle of the enemy army and kill the guy who can't be killed?

they admitted its a suicide mission with little chance of success, but theyll go through with it because of their loyalty to Oden.

47 ronin except they have a lord

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ubiquitus posted:

I certainly wasn't expecting the scabbards to do damage to kaido so quickly. Carrot clowned on big moms army pretty well in su long form (even though it was at sea and they were disadvantaged).

I think this is setting up nicely for them to bring kaido down from 100%, maybe some where to 60-80? So Luffy/Yamato can finish him off. Not sure who is going to take big mom on though

Seems like he got hit both with Odens sword and in the place where he got his first hit. Its very much a Smaug from LOTR thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Libra posted:

I think being a funny joke skeleton is part of it, but as someone pointed out a few posts ago, Sanji wanting invisibility powers so he can be a peeping tom really changes the tone of his fixation on women and makes it much uglier. Brook blatantly asking characters if he can see their underwear is nasty but also completely ridiculous and is supposed to provoke a "what the hell, Brook, you can't just say that" reaction, as opposed to the genuinely super creepy Sanji who tries to pass himself off as chivalrous and a champion of women.

I do wish that Brook joke would get dropped and I do think it lessens his character, but at least it comes across as a joke (even if it's bad and unfunny).

Thing is that joke doesnt define his character, its a very small aspect of brook.
Hes not a lecher who is sometimes a musical skeleton
Hes a musical skeleton who is sometimes lecherous.

As opposed to Sanji's lecher who is sometimes a chef.
Bring back Mr. Prince is what im saying.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well laboon is going to break reverse mountain at some point.

Seriouspost:
Blackbeard mustve wanted whitebeards fruit for something specific rather than it being generally stronk as heck

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Libra posted:

Does Brook ever make xylophone sounds in the anime?

Dont give them ideas because rheyll run them into the ground.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So is that the end result of the caesars child experiments?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh wait, this is fuckin' Boichi? They let him do One Piece again?

Yup
Seems like boichis getting pretty popular.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The shot timescale over which the stoey happens is justified by how the world is shown to progress regardless of where the strawhats are and what theyre doing. so you 'know' if they do take too long the world will catch up and pass them by.

And we havent had an island that did expect the strawhats because they usually move so much faster then even news about them can go, hell they probably were at Zou before :bignews: had a chance to report the whole cake stuff.

As for ship speeds just say the new world currents are super fast and OP ships are speedboat slick.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No hes been compressing his poop ever since he got the fruit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yes
YES
YEEEES!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OH MY GOD
Lola got hitched!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nah people just randomly big in one piece.
See just big Mom and her kids being all kinds of sizes.
Lola and Chiffon are 'regular' sized despite their parents.

And a reminder that giants are huge and have just as much variance.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 26, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Haha Eat poo poo Apoo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Evil mad hyper-science seems to be a small field in OP
Besides kaido did work with Caesar whos connected to Vegapunk whos connected to Judge. And id think its a Yonko's crews business to know these kind of things.

Its not a impossible for them to have met, and still likely for Queen to have been one of those people's lab assistants.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Real Cool Catfish posted:

At least with a Yonkou, I don’t have a problem believing it!

Kaidou is incredibly selling this one. Hes been hyped up to hell and weve just seen while hes been cut it hasnt actually affected him

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ubiquitus posted:

He hasn't done a goddamn thing so far. This would feel like more of an asspull than birdcage to me, at this point I'd be completely satisfied with him doing nothing but ruling in the aftermath

Hes also 8 years old but weve been constantly shown that he wants to do anything to help.
Everytime weve seen him in downtime hes practicing swordswings. The kid's due for a tangible win at some point. Hes Oden's heir and is the rallying cry for all of the samurai, the way they can reclaim their honor. At this point I say he needs to be instrumental to the win in some way to close this narrative un a satisfactory way.

This would make the treatment of rebecca suck even more retroactively since shed have less agency than an 8 year old child.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think theres been a marine animal zoan yet
And i feel there wont ever be

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

lowercase16 posted:

Does Pekoms' fruit count?

I think you'd still be paralyzed. So a death sentence. Maybe Kaido was already suicidal back then and Big Mom gave him the Goldfish Fruit as a sick joke? But because he's Kaido, he ate it and it STILL didn't kill him somehow?

Tortoise
Not
Turtle

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oda said there was a hierarchy, not that theyre straight upgrades.
The magma fruit overwhelmed ace because magma 'outranks' fire and because Akainus a fuckin beast.