Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

One of the Tobiroppo is a giant woman?

So this time Robin's getting an actual fight, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is Oda letting Nami and Usopp fight again

Do I dare dream

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Oda, you are not tricking me into having hope for an actual fight with Nico Robin for the first time in two decades I'm not falling for it! Not again!

I'm a fool who never learns from my mistakes so I do have hope. Oda please

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

jassa posted:

WE'RE GETTING A ROBIN FIGHT!!!

I never thought I'd see the day...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I feel like they should've just used "tanuki" instead of "raccoon dog" because the dialogue sounds a lot more stilted now, but I guess that ship had sailed long ago.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

:eyepop:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

And apparently it’s what Zoro’s Asura is so it’s not limited to just coating yourself with it.

Conqueror's Haki is actually just Nen

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Not a movie character but Kim Kitsuragi

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

NAMI FIGHT? :suspense:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

logger posted:

19:18 on that video :stonklol:

i want an emote that's a cross between :ohdear: and :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Zoro and Sanji hatefuck

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of stigma against eating devil fruits among the nobles (for no other reason other than aristocracy putting arbitrary status on things)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Julias posted:

It's pretty obvious rereading the Manga that oda sometimes just forgets things. Like how after the timeskip, we learn in Fishman Island that Nami's able to use Mirage Tempo to make herself invisible. Gee, that sure would have been useful sneaking around tea parties and shoguns :geno:

I didn't even realize this :psyduck: That's actually really jarring now that you pointed it out

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So the floating island is gonna crash and Luffy is gonna save the day by making the whole mass rubber I'm guessing

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

"Even Big Mom couldn't survive being crushed by steel beams!" the One Piece background characters said

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

what else do you think buggy is hiding under that giant robe

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

logger posted:

I wonder what Drake's weird dino related power is.

turns out the reason t-rexes have such short arms is because theyre in pasta machine mode all the time and they can spring them out like luffy does

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I just read Vegapunk to be like Mother Carmel honestly, a total rear end in a top hat whose good PR was ultimately a result of their own selfish motives somehow.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

King is loving hot, holy poo poo.

I legit did a double take for a sec cos Oda never goes for hot-hot with his male characters :v:

Poor Bepo, all the other first mates get to be cool and edgy except him

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Can't believe Ivankov doesn't already have a buttclap shockwave attack

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Somebody get on the Luffy/Roger Rabbit edit

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Honestly the plot beats in OP have largely always been quote-unquote "cliched", it's Oda's worldbuilding and storytelling that elevates it to where you don't care about all that and you're just enjoying the ride.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Sure, let's give this a go:

Luffy: 5,000,000,000
Zoro: 1,450,000,000
Nami: 210,000,000
Usopp: 1,000,000,000 (Some colossal misunderstanding is gonna result in this :v:)
Sanji: 1,230,000,000
Chopper: 330,000,000 (We're entering the endgame, it's time to let go of this gag)
Robin: 660,000,000
Franky: 320,000,000
Brook: 270,000,000
Jinbe: 750,000,000
Yamato: 450,000,000

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

https://twitter.com/tench_art/status/1508533228096954377
Really cool twitter thread of someone making 1 fanart every 10 chapters.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Kalifa protected herself against Nami's Thunderbolt Tempo with a cage of soap bubbles, Aokiji encasing Enel in ice probably would be good enough for Oda either way

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I think it's valid to point out that "making giant legs to stomp people" and "turning into a giant demon" feel like they're just barely scratching the surface of what Oda could do with it, though. I wanna see her creating hundreds of fishmen karate arm thrusts from walls like a spiketrapped corridor, make a giant centipede out of arms to choke a dragon, form a massive fan to blow back gas clouds, so on and so forth. How cool would it have been if instead of just hitting the ceiling to make debris to put out the fire in her fight with Black Maria, she sprouts karate thrusts out of the falling debris to pummel Maria, or something.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 21, 2022

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I think Sabo is a 5/10 character that people itt have been circlejerking as a 1/10

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Also who's excited for the Straw Hats finally getting ready to disembark from Wano, Yamato gayly in hand, only to get on the Sunny and find Vivi lying on the deck in a giant paw-shaped depression.

:bisonyes:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

We saw Vivi jumping off a crow's nest and landing perfectly in her reappearance, which I feel was Oda's shorthand for saying "Vivi has grown stronger in the past few years too"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

/\/\/\ - Edit: Oh it's touch-based? So it's even weaker than I remembered.

When she turned a bunch of marines into kids and old people pre-timeskip she was also chilling eating a pizza, so she can probably use it at range somehow

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the weird thing about bonney is that bb tried to trade her instead of quietly killing her to steal her power. it's obvious why the wg would value her df power, no matter how temporary the effects might be. but they seem to want her for more than that. there are much more drastic options available to put her df under their control, such as an exploding slave collar or even a cyborg lobotomy like kuma. it's not like the wg has scruples, so why the kid gloves?

The way Akainu talked to Bonney, it doesn't sound like they were holding her for DF research, but instead it sounds like she is an important person to the WG in some way. My personal theory is that Bonney is a child of a Celestial Dragon who ate a fruit, escaped, and formed a pirate crew, possibly of other aged-up children as well. It would also explain why she was able to escape again after Akainu took her, they might have refrained from using heavy force to detain her because she's someone of status.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Fecha posted:

10 billion buggy bux

What if Buggy actually doesn't pay out in Berries but in "Buggycoins"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Wasn't Oden the Whitebeards' scribe or something

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Usopp seems pretty clearly intended to be the crew's "sharpshooter" anyway; it's also a distinct position filled by Van Augur in BB's crew and Yasopp in Shanks'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I don't mind Yamato not joining per se but it's just really weird that the story spent so much time telling us he wants to join and other people telling him to gp with Luffy only to abruptly drop him. Like, it's a pointless bait-and-switch.