Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

anime was right posted:

i hope every strawhat gets a cool one-on-one fight. i hope they get three more thru the series. i think that is the correct amount of 1-2 chapter one-on-one fights. oda will not do this and ill be kinda sad, but i really like one-on-one fights a lot.

The fight against Blackbeard's crew is gonna all be 1v1 or 2v2 fights. It can't be anything else with how his crew was built up. It's cliche as gently caress but it's a good cliche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's gonna turn out Onigashima was originally a trade post in Wano for the Giants and Kaido and Black Maria are the descendants.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yeah but revenge trumps all plans

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

Chopper should really do something about Luffy's severely contagious case of the Can't-Stick-To-The-Plan Disease.

It's a real shame that Sanji wasn't there for the extremely rare case of being in complete agreement with Zoro while everyone encourages Luffy to ignore the stealth mission parameters.

He tries, but keeps getting distracted by candy.

They tried to pair up Luffy with Kid to try and mitigate his inability to stick to plans, but then Zoro showed up. Sanji showing up would just be overkill before we even get to the main event.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Act 3 is the tragedy which we've already seen and resolved. Act 4 is where we get the climactic fights and Act 5 is the resolution/celebration.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

https://imgur.com/gallery/7PVdWym

Only one small alteration from the original.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I guess it's important to ask: what does the raw show?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

I assume the reason it says "Kaido's Daughter" is to reinforce that he was born a biological female but chose to be a man. I guess we'll find out in the coming chapters but it feels more like an innocent mistkae on Oda's part that tons of weirdos will take as an excuse to INSIST that "no she's actually a girl!!!"

I think it's this. Rather than debate on if Kaido's son doesn't know he was born female or something of if Kaido's son has a strangely shaped chest and features, just get their art birth stuff out if the way and then just roll on with their preferred identity.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oof Orochi. I definitely think he's not done but he's definitely gonna add another side to the fight.

Yamato is definitely gonna end up going with Marco though to join up with Ace's old crewmates since he also wants to follow in those foot steps

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yamato is clearly the long lost sworn brother for Luffy, Ace and Sabo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really how now is when we get Soul King versus Big Mom

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jose posted:

I'm a big fan of him just casually grabbing luffys feet to hurtle into the air

Zoro should wield more Strawhats as weapons.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Page One and Ulti vs Nami and Usopp will be interesting as the former seem to be all about close combat and their Dino strength as far as we've seen while the latter two are the ones who're best at fighting indirectly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Strelok604 posted:

How many pieces of media have been going nonstop for 22 years and still has fans tuning in to the latest release and saying how much we love it

It truly is something special

The Toku thread says hi.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ch 1000 is probably Luffy reaching Kaido at this point and when all of the fights taking off in earnest. This chapter was setting up for one group and the next chapter will probably be for setting up the rest.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm thinking Yamato will leave (along with some of the Red Scabbards) but with Marco to meet the crew that Oden and Ace served with and then come back around with their own boat as part of the Straw Hat Armada

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A Bug posted:

There's a small part of me that hopes Kaido's hybrid form is goofy-looking somehow.

He's gonna have that fishfaced Innsmouth look

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I expect the danger power wears off after digestion/pooping

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Maybe the dango already wore off but they just like her more than kaido because having a cool edible friend is neat.

Alternatively, for the SMILE users, they just don't think it's worn off and are too dumb to realize.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd actually like to see a fight with Sanji (and say Pudding or Robin or someone) with him actually playing support to fight a woman such that he launching his partner with his kicks or getting them into the air while his female partner actually does the "fight a woman" part.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope Robin turns herself into a fake spider with webs made of limbs and owns Black Maria in her own snares

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My thoughts:

Big Mom is probably gonna give Zeus or Hera to Nami.

Big Mom is probably also gonna partially claim Wano as territory at the end of this or at least let the Red Scabbards have it as a sign of her affection toward the destroyed town and Otama.

Also, I want an epilogue with Otama commanding her own pirate crew.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tolth posted:

There is no way we're actually near the finish line. The Straw Hats aren't even in matched 1-1 fights yet.

The final fights are gonna be against Blackbeard's crew in 1v1s or 2v2s. The penultimate Marine fights are gonna be crew/team based probably

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Big Mom/Nami team up/ possible show down is gonna be great.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

cisneros posted:

I’m thinking there’s some bounty foreshadowing left, like they did with Sanji.

Chopper's next bounty poster is either gonna be his Monster form or his new backlash form or something similarly silly and absurd.

The World Inferno posted:

This artist really likes drawing the contours of Sanji's butt.

Shun likes both funaservice and manservice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

It looks funny

It cute

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The spider part of Black Maria just seems so glad to be there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Twist: Momo actually looks like Kaidou

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 29, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw,, the Vivi guest one shot was cute and I wan't her and her duck to finaly get on the boat

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Carrot won't officially join the crew but will be in the Armada. Yamato is gonna try to sneak onto the Strawhat's boat but accidentally ends up with Law or Kidd instead

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ubiquitus posted:

The poneglyphs all point to a gundam helmet, one piece of the mech.

-> slow play the intro music to space piece . . .

I feel like that's what the One Piece will point to and Luffy tells the crew that they're going to space, much their their shock, excitement and "Oh that captain of ours". But cuts out that journey to show an old man Usopp regaling a bunch of kids of the tale of the Second Pirate King God Ussop Buggy Monkey D. Luffy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arist posted:

Shokugeki no Souma was a really great series until it poo poo the bed, and a lot of that was the amazing art.

Saeki Shun is an extremely good artist, but as he's not a writer, he needs to be paired up with someone to let him shine and Souma started out fine before falling straight into a valley of no return. He is also good at fanservice of both men and women which is a step up from a lot of artists who only know how to make hot dudes or hot women.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Big Mom isnt going down but I think they might defeat/kill her homies or somehow get some other symbolic W here

Kidd is gonna find a way to steal Napoleon (even temporarily) and Law ends up permanently locking down Hera and pushes the fight to a stalemate. That or poo poo starts falling apart before anything can be decided

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Alien Arcana posted:

Kaido's pissed because CP0 sabotaged his fight with Luffy, just like his fight with Oden got sabotaged back then.

Dude just really wants to actually lose a fight to a worthy opponent, and people keep jumping in and ruining things.

For him, it doesn't matter if it's win or lose with a formidable opponent, but it has to be one without interference.

Did not expect the fight to go this way, but if there's something that'd get Kaidou to actually gently caress off or change sides, it'd be something like this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sun Wukong is both a broken as gently caress Mary Sue, but also extremely weak to getting some in his eyes and is an overconfident rear end in a top hat who exists in a world where there are deities and Daoist wizards who can still clown him

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope there's a panel edit with this logo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder how hard they'll lean into the thematic foil thing. Will there be a legendary Moon god figure?

Probably Blackbeard's as rather than Sun/Moon, it's Light/Dark (or both)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Those waterfalls are definitely coming down because of that eruption. Eventually, nothing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Yamato's definitely gonna get told no where he'll then proceed to sneak onto a boat out, but find out it's someone else's boat like Kidd's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Luffy: 4,900,000,000
Zoro: 500,000,000
Nami: 70,000,000
Usopp: 250,000,000
Sanji: 370,000,000
Chopper: 10,000,000
Robin: 210,000,000
Franky: 140,000,000
Brook: 100,000,000
Jinbe: 490,000,000
Yamato: N/A

The only people afaict who really would get a big boost is Luffy. Chopper might actually get recognized as a doctor this time, but only as such. Zoro might also get a decent boost, but insofar as his own fight with Kaido though Law and Kidd would get their own big jumps after defeating Big Mom. Everyone else is pretty much not that much changed after Whole Cake Island/Dressarosa though imo. And Yamato gets no bounty, imo. Luffy's final bounty before the end of the series is totally gonna be 5,600,000,000

Other guesses
Law: 1,900,000,000
Kidd: 2,200,000,000

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 6, 2022