Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Agreeing with the poster that stated even if Orochi isn't dead he may as well be due to his power only being in place due to Kaido viewing him as a useful ally of convenience. Now that he's formed a pact with Big Mom and has effectively taken control by openly attacking Orochi in public and telling his samurais to join or die, Orochi has no actual power anymore and only a shitton of enemies to deal with unless CP0 suddenly intervenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

God it's so cool how Luffy punched Kaido the same way as their first encounter but showing his growth massiel since then.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Man Don Kreig was such a special scumbag at the time and seeing him get the poo poo beaten was the best.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

So Luffy uses Gear Four, which is his biggest-and-best. Kidd uses some crazy-sounding thing that is likely also his biggest-and-baddest. Law uses... Room? The same first thing we've seen him use other times? Is Law not great with his fruit, or what's the deal?

I honestly think it's a problem of the fruit either being obscene if it can actually affect you, or doing nothing besides a risky move from all we've seen, Law might have more up his sleeve but it is kidna lame yeah.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah but imagine not being able to cut through rock or metal in the New World, you'd have to be a complete scrub to be unable to do that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If there's anyone that deserved the poo poo kicked out of him, it was probably Kidd among the supernovas to be fair.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Big Mama looks so loving shocked at this poo poo makes me grin, it's like Enel all over again.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

One thing that does kidna disappoint me about Kaido is it's seemingly impossible for his outside to actually be damaged without something like Oden's strike so it doesn't feel as much despite him obviously being hurt by what everyone is doing.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 30, 2021

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I still love how Kidd's strategy is just to slam Kaido REALLY hard to get past his scale.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Been seeing an idea of Big Mom just eventually abandoning Kaido to lose if things start to get less certain, referencing Kaido's statement about how pirate alliances never work out and this leading to Luffy eventually fighting her one on one.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

But we already met Brulee??

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Marco's flames aren't hot in the normal sense last I recall and can't actually burn people.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm happy chopper finally got to do his doctorin'

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kaido going pirate alliances are bullshit absolutely makes me think there is going to be some form of betrayal at some point if he thinks he'll get ahead. As is so far big mom was obviously useful but now she's been knocked out.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Conquerer's pretty much allows you to enforce your will over others with weak wills, I guess this extends to being able to damage them no matter what and forcing them to take the main brunt of the damage compared to armanent which just enhances your own strike and allows you to hit incoporeal/use blunt attacks on people like Luffy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think Armament is intended by Oda to purely be defensive, given it allows you to bypass devil fruits entirely and attack a person regardless of strengths or weaknesses they have as well as making a person's body parts far stronger and able to do more damage thus from this.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also it outright prevents a user from using it when you grab them, compared to haki just letting you grab them and damage them while they can still freely use their powers which is probably not a good idea with someone like Akainu.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If Roger wasn't anything but the biggest badass who never needed a devil fruit I'll be disappointed given it just shows how big of a deal he was that he did anything purely on power, will and charisma.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We've gone from Luffy struggling to beat one Emperor's captain with help and getting constantly beaten by another to him outright being able to fight with an emperor to some degree which is loving huge.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yorknew City is absolutely when HxH finally gets comfortable with it's general attitude and themes as well as really expands/shows off the power system in it after it's introduced in the relatively short Heaven's Arena arc and where.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Chopper, who needs quantity when you got quality.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Perfect in every way.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Teach is a strongman making him superior to some lesser bodybuilder.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

SMILE is just Joy but way less hosed up.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I hope the only interruption will be onigishima landing safety with kaido knocked out in visible sight with luffy standing on top.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You know Urogue is gonna be important cause he's always smiling no matter what.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Once again kaido gets the fight of his life interrupted by the same assholes.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

One Piece theorycrafters are often very dumb and so I will not look at any spoilers.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yohoho he took a bite of rubber hose

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

To think we could've had maties vs homies...

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I love the cartoonish perfect silhouette of Kaido in the cavern's ceiling he left.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Luffy is such a good guy he wants a world where his friends don't have to share their food obviously because there's enough for everyone.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Know what you need at a party? food bam

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Consider Bolsorano is a lazy rear end in a top hat who wouldn't actually try probably unless he had to.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Big Mom and Kaido being beat will absolutely have large ramifications with the news they were both beaten in the same night with most of their crews present to the Supernovas and that's going to cause a bunch of waves over the whole world.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's blackbeards security blanket he can't act at full power without it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Probably takes more than just lightning to bring them down but he'd be extremely dangerous on the open seas.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's the fact that there's probably way better things for admirals to be doing than fighting a very strong pirate in a vital place that would probably lead to a bunch of collateral damage even if you were successful that affects that as well. If you're powerful enough and in a place that makes it a pain to go after you why bother.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

l love how the Monster Trio + Jinbe was just casually watching the fight seeing Momo's growth and Sanji being upset they don't get to fight. They've come so far from being chumped by Aokjii and running from Kizaru to full on being confident/casual in watching an admiral being ready to intervene if it was really needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do wonder what kind of regular person would risk having an entire fleet coming down on their head trying to collect one of those bounties like Kidd seems to be suggesting.

Well this does open a market of pirates paying civs for information on wanted Marines in the local area