Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Inept posted:

if only they had stayed together for the kids

god drat what a bad opinion

Never said that, but good job doing exactly what I said people like you do, which is just being a poo poo poster on the internet.

I don't have a perfect solution for how to reduce the number of kids raised in broken homes. But I sure as gently caress didn't say to force people to stay together. More like these people usually shouldn't be having kids in the first place. And it's also a matter of income equality and poverty that is the root of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the point is the parentage of the theoretical athlete is irrelevant to any prior conversation and raising that issue sounds like justification for the theoretical crime being without consequence

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Schweinhund posted:

He didn't get away with that. He had to do community service and pay a fine. It was handled like any other case. There is nothing "unique" about that case or how it was handled College students do that all the time. And there are 250 people drafted every year. Even if 3 of them were arrested every year it probably wouldn't be very significant.

The problem is how you focus on celebrities and want to believe that somehow the *real* problem is that celebrities aren't canceled over this stuff. And if you *just* convince people to stop listening to Louis Ck, or get that running back released, that will somehow accomplish something. And you complete ignore the real causes of the problem. Like with that athlete I don't even have to look it up to guess that he was raised without a father. Which has very high correlation to people committing violent crimes. Him acting like that has nothing to do with him being an athlete. The only difference that made is you wouldn't have heard about it if he wasn't.

Also Louis Ck's parents divorced when he was 10 which probably contributed a lot to him being messed up in the head. The problem is people are mostly just interested in shaming people than actually trying to accomplish anything. If you really wanted to make a difference you would do things to reduce the number of children raised in broken homes like that, or try to be a father figure to some of these kids, but lol at anyone wanting to do that. People would rather make angry tweets on twitter and act like that is accomplishing anything.

Really, people usually just get community service for following people into a shop and punching them? That's surprising. Where did you see that?

How do you know this person isn't doing things to help? You're making a ton of idiotic unsupported claims when really if you wanted to make a differenc eon these forums you'd stop posting.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

gary oldmans diary posted:

the point is the parentage of the theoretical athlete is irrelevant to any prior conversation and raising that issue sounds like justification for the theoretical crime being without consequence

My point is it's better to focus on the root of the problem, and also acknowledge that we as a society are responsible for those problems, than just pointing at people who commit these crimes and treat them like they are monsters and act like that is how you fix the problem.

Anne Whateley posted:

Sorry is that this Joe Mixon who plays for the Bengals? The one who has a close relationship with his dad, who's also his personal trainer?

https://www.bengals.com/news/mixon-s-time

'Mixon said. "I apologize to my mother. Growing up my mother worked hard, a single parent, two brothers, three sisters, nieces and nephews."'
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000752454/article/joe-mixon-apologizes-for-punching-female-student-in-2014

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 13, 2020

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Anne Whateley posted:

Sorry is that this Joe Mixon who plays for the Bengals? The one who has a close relationship with his dad, who's also his personal trainer?

https://www.bengals.com/news/mixon-s-time

Blaming single moms for this poo poo is nothing but an MRA talking point.

It was just a racist assumption because the dude doesn't actually care

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

Never said that, but good job doing exactly what I said people like you do, which is just being a poo poo poster on the internet.

I don't have a perfect solution for how to reduce the number of kids raised in broken homes. But I sure as gently caress didn't say to force people to stay together. More like these people usually shouldn't be having kids in the first place. And it's also a matter of income equality and poverty that is the root of this.

sorry I should have made fun of you for blaming parental divorce on someone being hosed up like "aha yes this always messes up kids, no one can recover from it"

it's terrible armchair psychology and outdated as hell

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

yikes! posted:

It was just a racist assumption because the dude doesn't actually care
I enjoy the part where "these people" shouldn't have kids

"these people" meaning of course contractors and real estate brokers

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

My point is it's better to focus on the root of the problem, and also acknowledge that we as a society are responsible for those problems, than just pointing at people who commit these crimes and treat them like they are monsters and act like that is how you fix the problem.
the guy you were responding to was talking about people of privilege of any kind being above normal rules. the thing youre on is either a tangent of a tangent of a tangent from that that you jumped right to or an absolution of crimes. either way no one knows what youre talking about

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just stfu before I start throwing probes. Post Louis ck poo poo and stop slapfights and deep societal analysis take it to Phiz

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-otAJrtY-w

This is a video of Louis CK talking about how its good and funny to call people human being

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's been a week

has anybody itt changed their mind even a little bit in any direction about anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cubone posted:

it's been a week

has anybody itt changed their mind even a little bit in any direction about anything?

Yeah I think we’re done here. It’s all garbage and a well tread path.