Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I suppose that would be up to you and if you're bothered by people's reactions when you tell them you like Jimmy Paige, Michael Vick, and Louis C.K.

sadly just about every non internet person wouldn't give a poo poo at all, thats why these people are some of the most famous people in the world adoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
sometimes bad people make good art, news at 11

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
anyhoo CK's schtick only worked when the knowledge that he wasn't an abusive fuckhead wasn't constantly at the front of your mind.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

puppet pal mitch posted:

Jimmy Paige shacked up with a 14 year old and banged it out for weeks. Are we allowed to listen to led zeppelin? Obviously some people and their crimes are beyond reproach. Louis did some awful things but so did michael vick and I still watch that guys highlights on youtube

Michael Vick is human garbage.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

General Dog posted:

I liked the thing about the look his dog gives him when he puts a thermometer in his butt hole

he already did a joke about putting prozac in his rescue dog's rear end in a top hat three years ago. how dull

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I enjoyed it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Imagine paying for comedy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

:10bux:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

comedy!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Fried Watermelon posted:

when free comedy gives us gems like this thread?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I saw louis ck at magooby's some months ago. He told a joke that went like

"some people are good at juggling and they like to show off how good they can juggle to all their friends. Well im pretty good at jacking off and i like to show how good i am to my friends. ... Let me give you a word of advice only im able to give you. When you ask a woman if they'd want to see you jack off, and they say "yes", and then you ask "are you sure?", and they say "yes", they dont really mean "yes". To women "yes" is like an old african american slave hymn, it's just something they're saying that gets them through the day."

I lold really hard

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
lolus CK is funny though.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I personally, don’t like sexual predators. Call me crazy

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Do it ironically posted:

I personally, don’t like sexual predators. Call me crazy

I, too, hate every Michael jackson song.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
There’s still people out there, many people who believe Jackson wasn’t a disgusting pedophile

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

puppet pal mitch posted:

Jimmy Paige shacked up with a 14 year old and banged it out for weeks. Are we allowed to listen to led zeppelin? Obviously some people and their crimes are beyond reproach. Louis did some awful things but so did michael vick and I still watch that guys highlights on youtube

:yikes:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You either HAVE to like Louis C.K. OR hate everyone who's ever done any appreciable act who's committed any wrongdoing equally forever is what this thread has taught me.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Big Beef City posted:

You either HAVE to like Louis C.K. OR hate everyone who's ever done any appreciable act who's committed any wrongdoing equally forever is what this thread has taught me.

I still like some of C.K.'s earlier work. It's just harder now to swallow the bits where he's talking with a straight face about being a sex pest. Also, the leaked bits about trans kids from the material that he was workshopping a year ago were lame reactionary dogshit.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is ­unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably ­arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Sleeveless posted:

Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is ­unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably ­arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

the most embarrassing thing in the world is someone writing this post

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

No one who makes a living doing stand up is neurotypical

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Do it ironically posted:

There’s still people out there, many people who believe Jackson wasn’t a disgusting pedophile

well uhh i guess if thats all it takes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You can experience someone's work even if they are a terrible person. Just don't give them money. How is this difficult

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
You haven't lived until you've had a personal friend of Louis CK berate you for 30 minutes because you told him your opinion on the matter after he badgered you to do so despite you outright saying you'd rather not comment and would like to change the subject.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You can experience someone's work even if they are a terrible person. Just don't give them money. How is this difficult

whats your favorite movie?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

scott zoloft posted:

I saw louis ck at magooby's some months ago. He told a joke that went like

"some people are good at juggling and they like to show off how good they can juggle to all their friends. Well im pretty good at jacking off and i like to show how good i am to my friends. ... Let me give you a word of advice only im able to give you. When you ask a woman if they'd want to see you jack off, and they say "yes", and then you ask "are you sure?", and they say "yes", they dont really mean "yes". To women "yes" is like an old african american slave hymn, it's just something they're saying that gets them through the day."

I lold really hard
that's the kind of self-deprecating observation that generalizes to a larger sociological issue framed in an amusing way that made him famous

that weird poo poo a few years ago where he was flirting with parroting lazy conservative talking points felt really unnatural, this is more in line with the comedic voice I associate with the public persona of louis c.k.

I bet he wishes he figured this one out earlier

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I bet some women do too

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
hey guys don't watch louis ck for his nasty boy behavior and also any rapper or rockstar alive or dead.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

EA Sports posted:

hey guys don't watch louis ck for his nasty boy behavior and also any rapper or rockstar alive or dead.

There is truth in this.

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008

KongMu posted:

Better not put thriller on Spotify or his estate will get royalties. Btw if you do you’re a bad person

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
My brother got tickets to see Louis CK on his current tour. I told him to bring a poncho.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

CPL593H posted:

My brother got tickets to see Louis CK on his current tour. I told him to bring a poncho.

basically gallagher with a jizz melon

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

KongMu posted:

Movies are much more of a collaborative work than stand up comedy is

Also piracy exists

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Movies are much more of a collaborative work than stand up comedy is

spoken like harvey weinstein.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

KongMu posted:

spoken like harvey weinstein.

Sry I didn't answer your question, my favorite movie is the Thing (1982)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you're gonna skip all of Weinstein's movies and retroactively not like them, you're gonna have a hard time because he made a shitload of classics.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Bust Rodd posted:

People still listen to the Beatles or David Bowie or like any music made from the 60’s-90’s when everyone famous was a drug addicted pedo. Surprisingly most people don’t seem to have a problem divorcing art from artist. R Kelly was filmed raping a child in like 2002 and went on to make music for like another 15 years.

Yes, those are also bad and we should probably do more to avoid feeding into a culture of widespread abuse rather than just saying "well what are ya gonna do" and burying our heads in the sand.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Society's ruling class is basically just one big pedophile/rapist ring. Weinstein is just one of the ones we know about.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

KongMu posted:

basically gallagher with a jizz melon

Would’ve had a different reaction if I found out he was smashing his penis with a comical mallet in front of women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

If you're gonna skip all of Weinstein's movies and retroactively not like them, you're gonna have a hard time because he made a shitload of classics.

Harvey Weinstein was a studio exec it's not like he deserved any credit for a movie being good. He was a parasite even before all the rape allegations came out.

My favorite Louis C.K. moment is when he stopped Jimmy Fallon from getting hired for the Dana Carvey because he was upset about Jimmy getting a lot of attention from women.