Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, for an alleged bunch of nobodies that no one wants to vote for anyways, the Democrats sure do put in a lot of effort to make sure that no one gets the option to do so in the first place.

I wonder if the Republicans put up that much of a fight trying to keep the Libertarians off any ballots. I'm assuming not, based on that "States we're on the ballot in" picture from a few pages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Yeah, I'm never giving time, money or votes to Dems again. At any level.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Yeah, I'm never giving time, money or votes to Dems again. At any level.

you have a DSA gangtag

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

PookBear posted:

you have a DSA gangtag

OP said "again," wtf do you want.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

PookBear posted:

you have a DSA gangtag

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Democrats just doing their job of being the hatchetman of the two party system that can do things that only Democrats can do like welfare reform or destroying any viable left wing party.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally got my Howie/Angela yard signs today! Unfortunately they were printed on cheap plastic, but that's okay, because I had two perfectly good cardboard Bernie 2020 signs to tape them to! gently caress off, Mayor Pete psycho that lives across the street from me!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

Finally got my Howie/Angela yard signs today! Unfortunately they were printed on cheap plastic, but that's okay, because I had two perfectly good cardboard Bernie 2020 signs to tape them to! gently caress off, Mayor Pete psycho that lives across the street from me!

Take your neighbours signs and burn them. Unless you live across the street from actual Mayor Pete Buttergreg, in which case take him and burn him

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Failed Imagineer posted:

Take your neighbours signs and burn them. Unless you live across the street from actual Mayor Pete Buttergreg, in which case take him and burn him with harsh insults

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Green candidate is the top general election fundraiser in all of Baltimore

https://twitter.com/raniound/status/1299058805918117888?s=20

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Still haven’t decided on Howie or La Riva, but I’m working on it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Taintrunner posted:

The only Pete sign I ever saw in my area was in front of this tiny bike repair shop on a busy highway near me

There were a bunch of Bernie signs around, and in front of this shop was this little Pete! sign and it made me laugh

imagine giving enough of a gently caress about that pile of rats stuffed into a button up and slacks doing American Psycho cosplay to put up a sign

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SAVoltolin/status/1299865501951238144

holy poo poo lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

If I were a cynic, I might think that the People's Party is being designed to be reabsorbed by the Democrats in 2024.

No candidate, no endorsements, no affiliation with any other third parties.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I got my updated voter registration in the mail.

Was originally Independent, swapped to Dem so I could support Bernie since I live in a closed primary state, but after the ratfucking and the blatant scorn heaped on anyone who even glances slightly to the Left, I decided they could gently caress off and am now a registered Green.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

haaaaaahahahahahaha

I knew there'd be something

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Ugh, didn't they say Nina Turner and a couple other good people were on board, or did I imagine that?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I've been watching the People's Convention all day and there have already been several Green party members/voters that have spoken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6u5xPJaW2s

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/chrislynnhedges/status/1300451232688070656?s=21

Chris Hedges urges everyone to vote Green.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Well I never heard of this guy before, but I have a very strong opinion of him now. Did he really call himself 'electrifying'?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
The most ELECTRIFYING man in political punditry. If you smelllllllllllll, what the Hedge, is cooking!

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

PerniciousKnid posted:

Well I never heard of this guy before, but I have a very strong opinion of him now. Did he really call himself 'electrifying'?

Pretty sure Hedges has an assistant running that account ever since twitter refused to verify him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
woo got my howie stickers today

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Nice! I got mine the other day. Got one on my truck, not sure what to do with the others

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

:siren: ALASKA UPDATE :siren:

The Alaska GP has decided to nominate.....

JESSE VENTURA, who is not running
and
CYNTHIA MCKINNEY, who is not running

At least Rhode Island managed to go for Biden which has a certain cowardly logic behind it.

The largest and smallest states in the union will be kicked out of the Green Party by the end of the month :allears:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

:siren: ALASKA UPDATE :siren:

The Alaska GP has decided to nominate.....

JESSE VENTURA, who is not running
and
CYNTHIA MCKINNEY, who is not running

At least Rhode Island managed to go for Biden which has a certain cowardly logic behind it.

The largest and smallest states in the union will be kicked out of the Green Party by the end of the month :allears:

I really love the green partys platform but jesus ffucking christ I wish it would get the states in line because stuff like this just looks so fuckin dumb.

Not dumber than the DNC running Biden tho lol

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

I'm hearing now that the issue in Alaska boils down to it being one guy loving the whole thing up. Apparently it was his idea to do the whole re-nomination thing, him who both administered and counted the votes, and critically him who has authority under AK state law to submit nomination documents.

The likely outcome is that AKGP gets kicked out of the party and a group of other local Greens will be allowed to form a new organization to join in time for whatever local elections AK has next year. Unfortunately, there is nothing to be done about this election cycle since as far as the state is concerned the paperwork he submitted is perfectly legal.

All I've heard about this guy is that he is obsessed with making Trump lose Alaska and apparently things the Green Party is the major stumbling block, and also that he has "issues with women" which have caused women to essentially abandon state-level organizing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

I'm hearing now that the issue in Alaska boils down to it being one guy loving the whole thing up. Apparently it was his idea to do the whole re-nomination thing, him who both administered and counted the votes, and critically him who has authority under AK state law to submit nomination documents.

The likely outcome is that AKGP gets kicked out of the party and a group of other local Greens will be allowed to form a new organization to join in time for whatever local elections AK has next year. Unfortunately, there is nothing to be done about this election cycle since as far as the state is concerned the paperwork he submitted is perfectly legal.

All I've heard about this guy is that he is obsessed with making Trump lose Alaska and apparently things the Green Party is the major stumbling block, and also that he has "issues with women" which have caused women to essentially abandon state-level organizing.

this sucks but also lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the green party state infrastructure seems filled all over with people who want to sabotage the green party electorally lmao

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

the green party state infrastructure seems filled all over with people who want to sabotage the green party electorally lmao

I think that's just "The Green Party", as far as i can tell.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Seems like a legacy of crystal power anti vaxxer liberals who liked to feel special and be greens, running up against THAT DANG CHEETO NEEDS TO GO for one, and not liking to see dirty non professional class people getting interested in the greens now.

But then i also don't know poo poo.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah I always got the vibe that most greens were crunchy libs who were into crystals and scolding poor people for shopping at Walmart

idk if I’m paying more attention this year or if the party is making an effort to shake off those types or what

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Howie is definitely not the same sort of face they put forward in the past however long I've been old enough to vote.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

I'll get into "the sort of people who are in the Green Party: later, but as far as dysfunctional local chapters go, it's a structural issue shared by all the minor parties, partly caused by human nature and partly caused by the system being designed to strangle third parties in the crib. There's a reason the Libertarians have their own ceiling as well despite being extremely capital-friendly.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

I'll get into "the sort of people who are in the Green Party: later, but as far as dysfunctional local chapters go, it's a structural issue shared by all the minor parties, partly caused by human nature and partly caused by the system being designed to strangle third parties in the crib. There's a reason the Libertarians have their own ceiling as well despite being extremely capital-friendly.

i mean capital doesn’t need a third party, it has two perfectly obsequious parties under its thumb already

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

One of my friends died last night. RIP to a real one.

https://twitter.com/HowieHawkins/status/1302728728527753218?s=20

quote:

The Hawkins/Walker campaign is very sad to report that our Press Secretary, comrade-in-arms and brother, Kevin Zeese, passed away last night. He was 64 years old.

“I lost a friend. All of us lost a prolific, tireless, and principled advocate and activist for peace and justice. My condolences go out to his partner, Margaret Flowers, also a committed activist, his family, and the many people whose lives were enriched by Kevin and his work,” Howie Hawkins said.

Kevin was a giant in the world of activism, from peace and justice to cannabis legalization to healthcare to independent politics. He was a well-known scholar, attorney, and writer. He was co-editor of Popular Resistance, one of the left’s most popular sources for news and opinion from a left-radical perspective, which he led with his partner, Dr. Margaret Flowers. He served as Press Secretary for the Nader/Camejo campaign in 2004.

He was most recently in the news as one of the Embassy Protection Collective, one of the last four to protect the Venezuelan embassy in Washington, D.C. against the forces of the illegitimate presidency of Juan Guaidó and the passivity of the secret service and federal security forces of the Trump administration. Kevin, Margaret and others nonviolently resisted the embassy’s takeover by puppets of the United States and tenanted the diplomatic building with the permission of the Venezuelan government for more than a month. Ultimately, they were arrested and after a trial plagued with restrictions against the defense, all federal charges brought by the Trump administration were dropped.

Kevin was also an active force of solidarity with several Latin American movements, causes and peoples against US imperialism and illegal intervention. He worked tirelessly to denounce US illegal sanctions and covert operations that affect the progressive efforts of the peoples of Venezuela, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Cuba, and beyond. His legal background only strengthened his conviction about the illegality of all these US unilateral sanctions that only increase the suffering of millions of Latin Americans.

“This unexpected loss of a compassionate and hugely intellectual friend is stunning,” commented Angela Walker, the Green Party nominee for vice president. “My thoughts are with his partner, his family and with all who love him,” she continued.

“Kevin leaves an enormous hole in his wake. He would want his legacy to be that we filled it by multiplying our efforts to bring about a better world,” Hawkins said.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

One of my friends died last night. RIP to a real one.

https://twitter.com/HowieHawkins/status/1302728728527753218?s=20

that sucks. is his family able to pay for his funeral and such or are they crowdfunding for that stuff?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Today I learned that Popular Revolt exists and I will read more of it.

Also, I'm not sure how to feel about this, but apparently for a moderate donation Lisa Savage will call you to thank you and chat about debate prep.

Edit:

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

I'm guessing in context you mean Popular Resistance? Yes, it is very strong follow

https://twitter.com/PopResistance
Yeah!

PerniciousKnid has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Sep 9, 2020

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

voter suppression incoming

https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/1303403962431942657?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So the play here is that if people can't vote for Howie, they must vote for Biden? As opposed to, you know not voting for either? What the gently caress is wrong with succ brains?