Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Can you use pyrodex in a BP revolver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

pipebomb posted:

Anyone ever seen one of these in the flesh before? Intriguing but man, what a hassle it must be with loading and cleaning. https://www.armslist.com/posts/12990649/clarksville-rifles-for-sale--chiappa-multiple-caliber-survival-rifle

Oh hey, that is in my neck of the woods.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dip Viscous posted:

Even if you don't clean with it, get some Hoppe's just to huff it.

(Do not actually huff Hoppe's.)

(It will happen anyway against your better judgement. I think that Hoppe's huffin' is like 70% of why gun owners are stupid.)

I think for a while hoppe's made a car air freshener

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

poeticoddity posted:

This Harbor Freight brake bleeder pump will let you manually seal FoodSaver canisters or, if you have the adapter, mason jars.
This is super handy if you don't want to bust out the vacuum sealer or need to seal a jar or canister quietly to avoid waking someone.

Generally useful:
I wish I'd known about nibblers earlier.
I've only used a manual one, but I will definitely be getting a pneumatic one when I have a place to set up a proper workshop.
Definitely worth trying out if you work with sheet metals at all.

A bit more specialized but useful:
There are depannelizing tools for pannelized PCBs that are basically tiny nibblers which are designed for copper and fiberglass instead of steel.
I wish I'd known about those instead of blunting/bending edge cutters.

Hyper-specialized but cool AF:
Monochrometers.
I rescued a diffraction grating monochrometer from a dumpster because someone who had no idea what it was was going to throw it out because it was old.
White light goes in, and a narrow band of wavelengths specified with a dial and an aperture comes out.

I just used a newly discovered invention that is a nibbler for hardi board siding, did a whole house last summer, no dust at all