Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

As mentioned at the end of the last thread, I got a Glock 45 on the way after many, many years of being gunless.

Of course, it's hard to find ammo nowadays.

I'd like to have something to just start out the gun with...Is any of the stuff that buds has in stock something I should avoid or specifically chose?

Or somewhere else I should look for ammo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Haha, I didn't even pay close attention to what was there before linking it. I just knew I didn't know enough about brands/quality to feel comfortable buying anything.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Hey, thanks for that effortpost.

As a new owner who isn't going to be able to go to any classes or the range for awhile at least I can learn something.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Streamlight TLR-6 for my new Glock 45 for home defense. Yes/no/other? Laser version or not?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I've read a million pro/anti rants about lasers on the internets. I was leaning towards getting one and making my own decision because there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus.

Captain Log posted:

I can’t think of a good reason not to get a TLR-1. It’s a whole lot brighter, making it better for investigating bumps in the night.

Oh, hmm. Given my iffyness on the laser, the light is much more important. There's the TLR2 which is the TLR1 with laser (maybe?), but some people say it's poorly-implemented.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

If you don't know much about the topic and don't know how to vet sources it can also look like there isn't a consensus on vaccinations

Posting in here is part of the process of how to vet sources, though.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

How do I find and pick good beginner pistol training/classes/instructors? How do I evaluate such a thing before choosing one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Awesome, thanks.