Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

AK-47 posted:

Hey thread, long time shooter first time buyer, finally living up to my namesake and purchased an AK and now I'm looking for recommendations on a bag for transporting it when I go to the range. Would probably also be bringing a pistol and mags along as well so if it could carry both even better.

Don't have a bag to recommend but pop in to the AK thread and post your new gat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

rump buttman posted:

Welp, I already ordered from Cheaper than Dirt and payed 172 shipped for the the 20” smooth bore with rifle sights. I guess I payed the impatient idiot panic buyer tax.

I’ll take craptacular’s recommendation and probably order a tl racker (in orange). I’ll stay at budget.

Follow up, is cheaper than dirt so scummy I should get a new CC number? Are they one of the companies that don’t protect customer info or just rip off artist looking for marks. (Asking very markingly)

Mostly just jacking up prices as much as 2-3x on things like mags and ammo during panics and even cancelling already placed orders just to have the same items available on the website at the new panic pricing.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

Ordered a complete 458 Socom upper for The Big Bullets.

As a still relatively new gun owner it's wild to me that you can have that poo poo shipped right to your door. I mean as modular as the AR platform is they had to make a somewhat arbitrary decision what part of the gun was the gunniest, but still.

Well, it's not supposed to be arbitrary but in the case of AR's it kind of is since no one part really meets the ATF's definition of a firearm receiver. This may or may not blow up in the ATF's faces eventually.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/us/ar-15-guns-law-atf-invs/index.html

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Heavier barrels will also experience less point of impact shift as it heats up

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Edit: whole lot of rusty 5.54 AKs around here 10 years back.

.09mm of pitting in the bore doesn't sound that bad

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

I keep a roll of 2" blue tape in my bag so I can tape over previous hits and track groups better without running through a shitload of targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

I really like this Eva-Dry as an upgrade to the ones that plug directly in. They recharge in an hour or two instead of half a day and I'd imagine are safer to some extent than leaving the old style plugged in when you're sleeping or at work or whatever to recharge completely.