Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I played Enter the Gungeon until I got sick of it (from overdose). Then I started playing Below but ragequit after I died on level seventeen and now have to fight my way back down through a monster-infested cavern to retrieve my lantern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Y'o'ure a dick.

:v:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I finally got around to modding gta5. It's been fun.

I might get back into Elite: Dangerous, but mostly I'm just riding my smart trainer and watching netflix

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

numberoneposter posted:

i play CSGO what rank im west coast and bossy
Unfortunately I'm in China so servers other than perfect world are too laggy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Half-heartedly playing Animal Crossing when my partner isn’t; Shadow of the Colossus remake (on #8); bought Control when it was on sale but haven’t started it yet. Will likely get FF7 remake this weekend since I liked the demo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Sekiro. It's very hard. It's a lot of fun.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Stellaris, Rimworld, Bannerlord, and Age of Wonders Planetfall for me right now.

I keep thinking I'll make myself try an RPGish game like Wasteland 2 or pull out an oldie like Deus Ex but the thought of having to keep track of a story and characters and objectives just make me feel kinda bleh.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I was playing Bannerlord but now I'm back at work which I loving hate.

RIP my campaign. Who knows when I'll get around to becoming a kind or wooing the lady Arwa now.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I didn't mention Minecraft. I'm looking into the education edition. We might use it in my robotics class next year for coding lessons.

But I like minecraft in its own right.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wife and I bought 3 or so new board games arriving shortly to learn and play (we went through a list of 'best board games for <whatever>' and picked several). So those will be cool to try together, they're things we don't normally play, we got Ticket to Ride: Rails and Sails, which looks neat, 'Pandemic', also seems neat, and Photosynthesis, which neither of knows what to expect from.

On PC/Console:

I bought the season pass for BattleTech on steam and started a new career mode in that.

Mildly dicking around with RocketLeague again, and am terrible, but I have it on PC and PS4 if anyone wants to gently caress around and be awful together.

I'd like to play tabletop Battletech via MegaMek on PC if anyone wants to do that, too. As you can see I'm on a bit of a BT kick atm. (PS shout out to the freaking awesome BT let's play threads in the LP forum by PopTartsNinja, who's 'Rewrite Innersphere history' thread is one of the best on the forums)

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 7, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

Wife and I bought 3 or so new board games arriving shortly to learn and play (we went through a list of 'best board games for <whatever>' and picked several). So those will be cool to try together, they're things we don't normally play, we got Ticket to Ride: Rails and Sails, which looks neat, 'Pandemic', also seems neat, and Photosynthesis, which neither of knows what to expect from.

On PC/Console:

I bought the season pass for BattleTech on steam and started a new career mode in that.

Mildly dicking around with RocketLeague again, and am terrible, but I have it on PC and PS4 if anyone wants to gently caress around and be awful together.

I'd like to play tabletop Battletech via MegaMek on PC if anyone wants to do that, too. As you can see I'm on a bit of a BT kick atm. (PS shout out to the freaking awesome BT let's play threads in the LP forum by PopTartsNinja, who's 'Rewrite Innersphere history' thread is one of the best on the forums)

That Photosynthesis game looks interesting. I might check it out.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kingdom Cum: Deliverass

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Genesplicer posted:

I didn't mention Minecraft. I'm looking into the education edition. We might use it in my robotics class next year for coding lessons.

But I like minecraft in its own right.

I did "Minecraft Mondays" for a while with my Computers in Design and Production class for something different one day a week. We used a combination of school blueprints, Google maps, and physical measurements to build the school grounds and our Intermediate and JR/SR High School. The grounds (parking lots, stadium, tennis courts, nature center, baseball and softball fields, etc.) are good, but we tore the high school down after a couple kids went rogue and built a a bunch of it by eye and royally screwed it up.

I also used it for three days before we were sent home. Rumors were flying about what was going to happen so I asked my 8th grade tech class if they'd like to do something different for a few days. We had just wrapped up a transportation unit so I came up with a rubric and we built rollercoasters. They had fun and it took their minds off what was happening for 45 minutes out of the day. Most people think kids getting time off school brings nothing but excitement, but in a school like ours with 75% f&r lunch enrollment, staying home brings uncertainty and they get really stressed out even for fall/winter/spring breaks.

Try it out. My original plan was to use it with my 8th grade for coding between rockets and finals at the end of the year. Maybe next year.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Final Sexual Fantasy 7

What a whimsical name for dying with a belt around your neck beating off.

...and in an unplanned turn I realized the game I've been playing is Oxygen Not Included.

AKZ fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 7, 2020

DJDadJoke
Mar 27, 2020

Stupid Newbie

Dumber for drinking so much Sith Lighting Mountain Dew

Kids, don't cough on my lawn!!!
Dinosaur Gum
Dragon Age - Origins

DJDadJoke fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 7, 2020

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

God of War. Just defeated my first Valkyrie.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

anno 1800
octopath traveler
civ VI
battlefront II
pandemic legacy
arboretum
gloomhaven, if this drags on too much longer

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Been playing too much poo poo. Never thought I'd say it but I'm tired of video games and I just wanna go outside. I'm trying to be a responsible shut-in.

In the last 3 weeks I think I've played everything in the roguelite genre I skipped over. In order of how good I think they are:

Dead Cells (got to 4 boss cells)
FTL (almost everything unlocked)
Enter the Gungeon (killed the lich)
Darkest Dungeon (beat darkest dungeon, still tons of poo poo to do)
Slay the Spire (beat the heart)
Invisible Inc. (beat a few runs)
Oxygen Not Included (victory)
Rimworld (launched rocket)
Cadence of Hyrule (beat)

Now I have a bunch of games to finish that I started years ago and never finished. Prey, XCOM 2, Yakuza 0 first probably. Point is though, if you want to make weeks of your life disappear like it's nothing, buy and play one of the above games. Dead Cells is so loving good.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I did Dawn of War campaign, and got the Winter expansion and started that campaign too.
Been trying some skirmish mode games but it seems out of whack. If difficulty is "Easy" it is a super easy cakewalk and boring. Bump it to "Standard" and it because the most twitch sensitive thing ever. Miss building a specific unit or upgrade by 5 seconds or so = wipeout. May have to read some guides if I want to keep playing the Skirmish cause I feel like I'm missing something; but the campaigns are still good.

I got Kings Bounty, Warriors of the North from the free games thread. Pretty fun little game so far. That thread is cool, because even on the codes that were already taken, it got me to look as some games that I never would have considered or seen. And a lot of them are in $5-10 range so if you miss the freebie code, you might still find something to dink around with for a bit without spending too much.

Also a Civ V addict. Got it in the clearance aisle at a walmart for $7! Gotta add the first expansion at some point and squeeze some more mileage out of it.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Tom Gorman posted:

Been playing too much poo poo. Never thought I'd say it but I'm tired of video games and I just wanna go outside. I'm trying to be a responsible shut-in.

In the last 3 weeks I think I've played everything in the roguelite genre I skipped over. In order of how good I think they are:

Dead Cells (got to 4 boss cells)
FTL (almost everything unlocked)
Enter the Gungeon (killed the lich)
Darkest Dungeon (beat darkest dungeon, still tons of poo poo to do)
Slay the Spire (beat the heart)
Invisible Inc. (beat a few runs)
Oxygen Not Included (victory)
Rimworld (launched rocket)
Cadence of Hyrule (beat)

Now I have a bunch of games to finish that I started years ago and never finished. Prey, XCOM 2, Yakuza 0 first probably. Point is though, if you want to make weeks of your life disappear like it's nothing, buy and play one of the above games. Dead Cells is so loving good.
I'm no roguelite connoisseur but Hades has been occupying my time enjoyably lately

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I've been playing through X-Wing for several weeks now. I'm just about at the final campaign mission on the last expansion. I specifically chose the 1994 edition instead of the "more graphically advanced" 1998 re-release because I like the dynamic music better (and also honestly not as big a fan of the engine hum sound in the newer ones). There's definitely times I miss the fine control of a full-size joystick but for the most part an Xbox360 controller works fine.

I got Doom Eternal recently and thought I'd be more into it, but something about it just feels a little off to me and doesn't grip me the same way that Doom 2016 did. I will eventually play more.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
X-bone - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

PC - Pillars of Eternity 2

It's sheer coincidence they both have a pirate theme. Getting pretty fuckin tired of managing boats but PoE2 is my jam. Black Flag, the combat got boring fast. Hide, whistle, kill, repeat.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I got Doom Eternal recently and thought I'd be more into it, but something about it just feels a little off to me and doesn't grip me the same way that Doom 2016 did. I will eventually play more.

Same. The upgrade / runes system rubbed me the wrong way and the fact that your guns hold like 10 bullets and you constantly have to manage resources made it feel less fun for me.

A bunch of my friends recently picked up SWAT 4 again and it's a lot of fun. There's a mod out there that makes multiplayer work without gamespy and it works great in porting kit / wine.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My house has 3 Switches running most of the time. Its a little bit of about everything here.

Also finally trying this Minecraft thing.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've been playing No Man's Sky a lot and it's a pretty nice game. I remember when it came out there was all this hoopla about how terrible it was, but they've made some huge improvements. It's relaxing and basically minecraft but in space.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bought ff7 for the switch and it super rules for both nostalgia and also updated that there is a 3x speed mode because holy gently caress does this game ever need it

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The Division 2 (TOPICAL)
Minecraft (a podcast community server)
Battletech (finished my Career Mode run)
World of Warship Blitz (an action game that doesn’t suffer for its touchscreen controls)

also a ton of messing around with setting up emulators without actually digging into any games.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I was surprised how much I enjoyed Division 2. Totally worth the 3 euros I got it for in the recent Ubisoft sale. I'll get the New York DLC, when it comes down in price.

Doom Eternal is really boring and I'm not sure I can force myself to finish it. The platforming is so out of place and the constant ammo management ruins it. Maybe I'll give D2016 another try.

I kind of enjoyed Control until the last part, where the repetitive game play finally broke my will to finish it.

Metro Exodus started strong and slowly ran out of steam towards the end. At least it was free through MS store.

Gears 5 was a good tech demo to reassure me I did the right thing buying a new PC. The open world parts are unnecessary and I never actually got used to the robot sidekick. Quit playing in the last level.

In summary: I'm old and don't enjoy games anymore.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm trying to finish Doom Eternal. I'm on the last level but between the Marauders and them throwing thirty enemies at you in very cramped spaces it's becoming a chore.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I've been playing a fair amount of Crusader Kings 2.

I recently bought Simulacra 1 & 2 and played them until I got all the achievements and endings.

I played and completed the main campaign of Party Hard, I was a bit burnt out by the time that I got to the DLC's.

I'm let's playing a ton of Sherlock Holmes games and Orion Burger at the moment,so I guess that they count.

I've just reinstalled Kings Quest, i might have a pop at that soon.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 2009 mulitplayer on my ancient PS3. There are a lot of modders out there scraping ip addresses for nefarious purposes, so I'm hiding behind a router and a VPN.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

If I could afford blow 1000 bucks I'd be playing Half Life: Alyx, but money is tight so

PC:

Alien: Isolation

RDR2 online

Starbound

Neir: Automata

Black Mesa

RS2: Vietnam

Switch:

Snes game library

and some smash online

JMurder
Mar 3, 2006

I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!!!
I just built a new computer when windows 7 support ended so I've been only playing on it recently.

I just got back into eve online. I haven't played in years but I always enjoyed playing with the goons. It's weird seeing how much better the ships look than I remembered.

I've also been playing Warzone and PUBG at the urging of friends now that I have more than a laptop.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Linux Pirate posted:

If I could afford blow 1000 bucks I'd be playing Half Life: Alyx, but money is tight so

PC:

Alien: Isolation

Alien Isolation is loving scary with headphones. I love it.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Animal Crossing and Witcher 3

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

posting from my cray super computer

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Nightmare run on Doom Eternal. World of Tanks on the side. (PC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
La Mulana 1&2 and an old text MUD I used to play on 20 years ago that still exists.