Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Hah repeat the process over again? I imagine a Trump directed economic recovery will leave people pining for TARP and it's affiliate programs.

What we are seeing is a pretty severe consequence of the Trump administration. It's been by sheer luck alone that the United States hasn't been dragged into another middle eastern war, not for lack of trying. If you think the next 4 years will even brush up against the competency and consideration of the Obama administration then I have a bridge to sell you.

I supported Bernie every way I could, and it's a loving tragedy that he has dropped out. The reality is that things are bad and poised to get much, much worse if Trump gets a second term.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Are people really trotting back out "the choice between lesser evils is still evil"?

How do you not understand the concept of "I don't want to vote for a sundowning segregationist rapist?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Why reply in one post when three will do? While I'm at it, why not completely change my tone from "completely reasonable" to "condescending?"

Jesus Christ you're an insufferable poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Chichevache posted:

Trump vs. Biden: Welcome to the Re-cistance

What the gently caress even is this post

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I wonder if we have even a single pro trump gipper? We’ve got our conservatives, but none have any support or love for trump and most have said they didn’t vote for him. (I’m inclined to believe them.)

My family admits to voting for him, but I don’t think I’ve met a goon in the wild that voted trump and will admit it. Then again I read GiP and a handful of carefully curated bookmarked threads from other sub forums. So I don’t really have my finger on SA’s pulse or anything.

If we did I'm sure they were either driven out or keep it to themselves.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X3UiSvgle0

lol

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

One day, maybe one day soon, all 50 states electoral systems will take note of your disappoinment. They're sure to blink first. How couldn't they?

What, exactly, do you hope to accomplish by making posts like this at people who have good reason to not like the presumptive Democratic nominee?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Do I need to make a separate thread?

No, you need to answer the question.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

These topics seem to bleed into almost every other thread in GiP and I thought this was the place to address them?

There certainty has been multiple regular derailments in the current events thread on this topic without any type of mod intervention. I thought I was doing my part by keeping my replies out of the CE thread.

You seem to be misunderstanding the central premise of the question, which isn't "why are you posting here?" It's "why are you being an rear end in a top hat about it?"

Which I thought was clear from the original question being "what, exactly, do you hope to accomplish by making posts like this at people who have good reason to not like the presumptive Democratic nominee?" For the record, "posts like this" means being an rear end in a top hat.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Why am I the only person being asked what they hope to accomplish?

The topic of the thread is literally to discuss the value or lack thereof of voting for Biden, per the first post.

You're the only person in this thread who is absolutely loving insufferable in every single post they make. Your evasions and deflections can stop now, just answer the goddamned question already.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I don't have some kind of agenda I think I'm working towards by posting, despite what you want to believe.

Gotcha. You're being an rear end in a top hat for its own sake.

Don't post in this thread anymore.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

PookBear posted:

You keep having this idea that the DNC putting a gun to my head and saying "vote for biden or else" isn't going to have long term repercussions. Do you honestly not understand that telling women that they have to vote for a rapist or minorities that they have have to support the candidate that was against busing is a bad idea? Veterans to vote for a VP that escalated the war in Afghanistan? People that were evicted from their houses because the banks that they owed money to got bailed out and not the home owners?

Without using the word trump or republican explain why I should support him.

Don't expect a response.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I can't express that I find the constant whining about the primary process and the decision that the voters of this country have made tiresome?

This would have been fine. This isn't what you've been doing.

Anyway, when you get back don't post in here anymore.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

Also, at 44 minutes in Biden says that he's still paying off his dead son's student loan.

Is that seriously how it works, the debt doesn't die with the guy who took out the loan?

It is with private loans. I'm not stuck with my wife's loans because she took out federal student loans.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

Well, apparently Tara Reade's mother called into Larry King Live back in the 90s to ask what her daughter should do regarding the assault.

https://twitter.com/RichMcHugh/stat...agenumber%3D243

Apparently this was the August 11, 1993, episode of Larry King Live.

Oh, hey, totally coincidentally, the August 11, 1993, episode of Larry King Live is missing from the Google Play archive of Larry King Live episodes and all the episodes have been renumbered to hide the fact that there's a gap.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I realize this is likely as effective as screaming into the wind but gently caress it, I'll go for it.

None of the episodes are available on Google Play. Not a one. They have episode listings and that's it. You literally cannot buy or view any of the episodes. This isn't some grand conspiracy by CNN.

Even if CNN removed it, it wouldn't make a difference as you are unable to watch any of the episodes through Google Play.

If CNN were trying to pretend the episode never happened or memory hole it, they sure are doing it in an odd manner

I am shocked to hear I'm finding incomplete or inaccurate information on the internet.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Patware posted:

A Democratic president hasn't connected to another Democratic president through elections since the [b]19th Century[b]. Any time we had two Democrats in a row it was because the first one died or was killed.

Edit: I read this wrong. Nevermind.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
"Be excellent to each other" is in the rules and I'm going to start enforcing it more strictly from here on out.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I found this gem on Biden's campaign website.

quote:

End Needless Financial Burdens Facing Survivors: As President, Joe Biden will end the needless financial burdens caused by the Survivor Benefit Plan/Dependency Indemnity Compensation Offset (SBP/DIC Offset) or “Widow’s Tax.” It is wrong that we punish the families of the fallen financially in the wake of their extreme sacrifice.

Clearly someone hasn't been paying attention, because that was part of last year's NDAA.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

PookBear posted:

convince me to vote for biden through his policies or shut the gently caress up forever

Be less of an rear end in a top hat or shut the gently caress up forever.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

God this is obtuse. Do you want me to copy/paste his platform from an easily google-able platform and then prove to you that it's better for POCs, women, LGBTQ, the climate, the poor?

You're basically ranting and lashing out and then saying the only way anyone can avoid being told "shut the gently caress up" is to do a homework project for you. And if you DO need someone to copy/paste policies that any rear end in a top hat can google, and then you need them to explain how that is better than the GOP plan, you're very ignorant. I suspect you're not that ignorant, you're just demanding that someone do a lot of work so that you can post "not good enough, shut the gently caress up" and then be smug about it online.

You're doing the GE version of the "There are two genders, prove me wrong" schtick, and it sucks.

The dude is like my.... I don't even know what level of choice he is from all the other credible options.... like 7th? But just absolutely refusing to say that one thing is better than another thing is so pointless.

PookBear posted:

You are a stupid mother fucker WHICH POLICIES OF HIS DO YOU THINK ARE GOOD

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

So first, yikes.

And second, Pook is right in that if you're going to assert Biden's platform is better you need to do more than just broadly sweep your arm at joebiden.com and say "it's in there somewhere." Consider it doing your own homework.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I really have no loving words.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Grip it and rip it posted:

Lol you are deranged

Don't post like this.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Race Realists posted:

ok whos Re-Reg is this?

Someone who was told not to post in this thread anymore.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

Year or so ago I did a little math and since the GWOT kicked off the Dems had a slight advantage on "who raises troop pay the most."

Is that administrations or Congresseses? I'd like to have those numbers in my back pocket the next time I have to hear someone farting out of their mouth.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Internet Wizard posted:

I'm glad the German is here once more to lecture us about how we can definitely count on the Libs to side with the left against the fascists once they take power

Make your points without being an rear end in a top hat. It doesn't win you any style points, only "can't post for awhile" points.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

I'd like to take a break till after the election.

McNally, can you hook me up with a 60 day probation?

I'll ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

This is what you voted for.

This is what you yelled at everyone else to vote for.

Now you have to own it.

Let's play a game called "either don't be an rear end in a top hat or don't post."