Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

tarlibone posted:

I think that tomorrow, I'm going to make a horrible decision that will make me happy and ashamed.

I made a horrible decision that will make me happy and ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

I got a lot less than $1200 back but I got enough to cover a tax stamp...I'll post pics once it's approved.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

I got my Trumpbux this last week and might have splurged on a weirdo, old Rossi revolver i've wanted for a long time. Can't wait to post a box thread in a few weeks once it arrives hopefully!

Also responsibly ordered a new pair of glasses because i'm reaching Ray Charles levels of "can't see poo poo!" with my current scratched up pair.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

That gun looks like a cartoon.

That's not a slight or anything... just an observation. That is one unique looking wheelgun.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

That gun looks like a cartoon.

That's not a slight or anything... just an observation. That is one unique looking wheelgun.

Haha no doubt. Unfortunately I have a thing for brutalist architecture and that apparently carries over to big slab side revolvers too. The fewer polygons you need to render it, the better!

Also the Cyclops is just a neat gun in general. 2 year production life, 1997-1998, before Taurus bought Rossi and axed the model so not many of them are out there.

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 20, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Conelrad posted:

I got my Trumpbux this last week and might have splurged on a weirdo, old Rossi revolver i've wanted for a long time. Can't wait to post a box thread in a few weeks once it arrives hopefully!

Also responsibly ordered a new pair of glasses because i'm reaching Ray Charles levels of "can't see poo poo!" with my current scratched up pair.

The first non 22 I ever shot was a surprisingly nice Rossi 38. That makes me VERY interested in that stupid looking gun.

I still need a Rhino, but the 22 comes first.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

The first non 22 I ever shot was a surprisingly nice Rossi 38. That makes me VERY interested in that stupid looking gun.

My usual lurker self saw your earlier post in this thread and I totally think a Rhino Nebula is in your future someday. I was seriously debating myself between a Rhino and the Cyclops when looking at dumb but fun guns.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

We have a pre-Taurus Rossi snub-nose .38spl that travels around our family. Really, really well made gun. The people at Rossi were very proud of their company and it showed. The blueing puts guns 2x the price to shame.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Conelrad posted:

Hell yes, giant slab barrels forever (and also unfluted cylinders for even fewer polygons)

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

madeintaipei posted:

We have a pre-Taurus Rossi snub-nose .38spl that travels around our family. Really, really well made gun. The people at Rossi were very proud of their company and it showed. The blueing puts guns 2x the price to shame.

I've heard the same.

Fifty Three posted:

Hell yes, giant slab barrels forever (and also unfluted cylinders for even fewer polygons)

That is a gorgeous gun!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Conelrad posted:

What up new glasses buddy. My pair got run over last week. I was making a grocery run and they fogged up with my mask so I put them in a pocket. Then someone made an illegal left on red while I was crossing the street and I had to jog to get out of their way. Glasses fell out, I didnít notice until I got to the store, theyíd been run over a few times when I eventually found them.

Oh my my prescription was so out of date none of the online places would take it so I had to lay the ďI can not legally drive without themĒ card to get a mask and gloves appointment at the only nearby optometrist thatís still open.

Oh and they had a 11 day lead time on them so just kinda bumping into poo poo right now.

Fun stuff.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Slab sided space revolvers crew checking in. Iíd never heard of the Rossi Cyclops before but seeing it is like coming home.

As for me, if Iím in a place to spend money when the summer rolls around, Iím currently torn between a more practical Ruger mini-14 or a Henry X 357. The mini-14 could be used as a home defense gun, but I may not ever have access to a proper rifle range. Hopefully Iíll know more on that front when decision time comes. The Henry I could shoot at any range around here, and it eats the same ammo as my carry gun.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 20, 2020

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Fifty Three posted:

Jesus that's beautiful. I'm insanely jealous.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Nice, love my DW w/the EWK shroud. Is that a 15-2 with an unfluted cylinder? I didn't know they ever made unfluted cylinders.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Thanks y'all! Yep, it's a DW 15 with an 8" EWK shroud. I'm assuming it's a -2 since it has the guide pin on the frame for centering the shroud but I'm not 100% certain.

I didn't know they made them with unfluted cylinders either! Saw it and immediately started thinking terrible spacegun thoughts. It was a GB auction back in like 2012 and the base gun was otherwise unmodified so I'm assuming it's stock?

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Thanks y'all! Yep, it's a DW 15 with an 8" EWK shroud. I'm assuming it's a -2 since it has the guide pin on the frame for centering the shroud but I'm not 100% certain.

I didn't know they made them with unfluted cylinders either! Saw it and immediately started thinking terrible spacegun thoughts. It was a GB auction back in like 2012 and the base gun was otherwise unmodified so I'm assuming it's stock?

I took a look at the brochure from my pistol pac, and it looks like it was an option that you could ask for when ordering, though I'm guessing not many people did and that they're probably uncommon. You can see that info on the second page below.

I just ordered the EWK muzzle brake to throw on my 15-2. That should look pretty sweet with the 6" EWK shroud.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Woah, thanks for sharing that! I don't think I have any paperwork from mine. I learned a thing today.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Woah, thanks for sharing that! I don't think I have any paperwork from mine. I learned a thing today.

No worries, my pistol pac came with pretty much everything that it originally had. If you have Archives, you should be able to find my archived box thread with pics of the entire brochure from the month of box threads Cyrano had us do a couple of years back.

e: here it is https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3830593

BadgerMan45 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 20, 2020

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Mentioned this in my economic stimulus thread ó you all are welcome to post your stimulus buys there too, gun or otherwise.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

After spending time with Google, the Rossi Cyclops is a pretty hard to find revolver. They don't sell for much over $400, but they are sure as poo poo hard to find.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

After spending time with Google, the Rossi Cyclops is a pretty hard to find revolver. They don't sell for much over $400, but they are sure as poo poo hard to find.

Haha yeah. I had plenty of other stimulus guns in mind but when I saw that one pop up I just had to. The other option was one of those hilarious, skirting the ATF, Standard Manufacting S333 .22 MAG Thunderstrucks. It's so dumb it wraps around to being cool. Nothing like a dual barrel, 22 mag, 8 rounds, volley fire revolver!

Maybe next paycheck!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Conelrad posted:

Haha yeah. I had plenty of other stimulus guns in mind but when I saw that one pop up I just had to. The other option was one of those hilarious, skirting the ATF, Standard Manufacting S333 .22 MAG Thunderstrucks. It's so dumb it wraps around to being cool. Nothing like a dual barrel, 22 mag, 8 rounds, volley fire revolver!

Maybe next paycheck!

I have mixed feelings about gimmick guns.

But I kinda want one of those too.

Hell, I think a LifeCard would be fun to play with. I just take issue with poo poo like that being marketed as some sort of ultimate operator self defense tool.

ScrubbingBubbles
Feb 11, 2009

Conelrad posted:

Maybe next paycheck!

What. The. gently caress.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

Hell, I think a LifeCard would be fun to play with. I just take issue with poo poo like that being marketed as some sort of ultimate operator self defense tool.

Totally agreed. I would put the impetus on gun store owners to help educate and inform new shooters on good self defense solutions but lol to that. I'm genuinely curious what the top 5 firearms that have been purchased by first time gun owners during the pandemic panic run have been.

ScrubbingBubbles posted:

What. The. gently caress.

It's magical isn't it?

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 20, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Conelrad posted:

Totally agreed. I would put the impetus on gun store owners to help educate and inform new shooters on good self defense solutions but lol to that. I'm genuinely curious what the top 5 firearms that have been purchased by first time gun owners during the pandemic panic run,

It's magical isn't it?

I bet the answers would be incredibly depressing.

I get angry when I see "CONCEALED OPERATOR" magazine going nuts over things like derringers for "ULTRA DEEP CARRY!" and poo poo.

Fun range toy? Sure!

Back up gun? You should get an LCP instead but you do you.

It's going to be your main gun?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Captain Log posted:

LifeCard has a threaded barrel option now. If they weren't so expensive, I'd get one + this and have the littelest silenced .22 ever.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Trillhouse posted:

LifeCard has a threaded barrel option now. If they weren't so expensive, I'd get one + this and have the littelest silenced .22 ever.

No bullshit, that would be a lot of fun to play with outside with reactive targets. But the thought of someone trusting their life to one hurts my brain parts.

I would literally rather have a sharp stick in a confrontation than a LifeCard.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Conelrad posted:

Maybe next paycheck!

It's not the dumbest thing ever. Apparently the two-finger trigger is designed so that people with weak hands can still pull it, and I wouldn't want to get shot by two rounds of .22 Magnum at once.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Also since it's a revolver if you get a FTF due to it being rimfire you just pull the trigger again.

And the bottom, larger trigger can't be pulled without also pulling the thing that looks like a Glock trigger safety that I assume also functions as a trigger in order to make it pulling two triggers to fire two bullets as far as the ATF is concerned.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

Reviews seem to think it has around a 22-25 lb trigger pull but with two fingers it's not too bad and it apparently it's because they used a pretty heavy hammer to reliably hit both firing pins. It's funny how they game the ATF rules but hey they submitted it to them and the ATF responded that it's legal. It's a weird, dumb gun but like I said I still want one. Probably a future Forgotten Weapons, Ian reviewed, gun!

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 20, 2020

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Conelrad posted:

Probably a future Forgotten Weapons, Ian reviewed, gun!
IIRC in one of the Inrange Shot Show videos they said they were trying to get one to review.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Conelrad posted:

Reviews seem to think it has around a 22-25 lb trigger pull but with two fingers it's not too bad and it apparently it's because they used a pretty heavy hammer to reliably hit both firing pins. It's funny how they game the ATF rules but hey they submitted it to them and the ATF responded that it's legal. It's a weird, dumb gun but like I said I still want one. Probably a future Forgotten Weapons, Ian reviewed, gun!

22-25 loving POUNDS?! That's more than what I used to curl for Christ's sake!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

That's presumably the weight at the inset trigger, if you're using two fingers you've got an extra 2-3x the leverage on the bottom finger. I'm not up for doing a third(?)-class lever formula to figure out what that ends up feeling like though.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

22-25 loving POUNDS?! That's more than what I used to curl for Christ's sake!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That's presumably the weight at the inset trigger, if you're using two fingers you've got an extra 2-3x the leverage on the bottom finger. I'm not up for doing a third(?)-class lever formula to figure out what that ends up feeling like though.

Yeah leverage is fun like that! People are using their pull meters on the bottom trigger but in actual practice it's not too bad a pull. Comedy option- JUST UP YOUR PROTEIN BRO!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I refuse to believe any of this Newtonian fancy man talk.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I needed another audio interface, because I was a moron a few years ago and got the M-Audio 2X2M, a piece of rancid garbagepuke with no drivers. I needed an interface that had MIDI ports, so I got this over the Focusrite. And it's crappy. Later, I found out that there are USB-MIDI converters that are super-cheap, and hell, then I bought a decent Casio to play around on and use as a MIDI input device, and they use USB directly. Serves me right for coming from a time when MIDI involved serial ports going into the game port on your sound card. (Seriously.)

Guitar Center had the 3rd gen Focusrite 2i2 for a good price, and in stock, though I was warned about extended shipping times. No sweat; I'm not in a hurry.

I looked at the email confirming my order... backordered? I ordered this over the Behringer specifically because it was in stock. And when I look it up, it's In Stock & Ready to Ship... but on my Orders, it's Backordered.

Well... it'll get here eventually, I guess.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

My trump bucks ship out on the 26th and Iím unemployed with bills to pay so Iím not buying a new gun but when I buy a new gun with my trump bucks I think it should be a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. Which one is the only question...

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

fat bossy gerbil posted:

My trump bucks ship out on the 26th and Iím unemployed with bills to pay so Iím not buying a new gun but when I buy a new gun with my trump bucks I think it should be a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. Which one is the only question...

Colt DOE clone.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

fat bossy gerbil posted:

My trump bucks ship out on the 26th and I’m unemployed with bills to pay so I’m not buying a new gun but when I buy a new gun with my trump bucks I think it should be a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. Which one is the only question...

Ruger PC Carbine is a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

fat bossy gerbil posted:

I think that would be my next carbine too! Itís a far ways out though and Iíve done no research.

I wasnít planning on getting anything really but quarantine boredom set in and need that dopamine dump. 3,000 rounds 9mm (1 case received, 2 on back order - crossing my fingers).

Then I found the Ruger American in .17 HMR for $250 out the door. So thatís on the way, in addition to 300 rounds. Need some more mags for my other guns so going to pick up a couple BX-15 mags for this as well. For now I have a Nikon Prostaff shotgun hunter (2-7x, 75yd parallax) which I think will be a good start.

Thatís tapped the wifeís goodwill, and Iím super excited to shoot tiny lasers. But I found out about Boyd stocks and.... well poo poo, Iím going to have to wait but this is going to the top of the list.

«8 »