Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Years ago I did what legions of children in third world countries manage to not do and made an AK nonfunctional from neglect. I saw it in the back of the safe and since I have funbuxxx I shipped it to a guy who builds custom AKs to unfuck it. He does good work so I have high hopes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

fat bossy gerbil posted:

My trump bucks ship out on the 26th and I’m unemployed with bills to pay so I’m not buying a new gun but when I buy a new gun with my trump bucks I think it should be a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. Which one is the only question...

ScrubbingBubbles
Feb 11, 2009

Conelrad posted:

It's magical isn't it?

Hrm... Maybe draw some eyebrows above the muzzles with a paint pen and...

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

The longest of scorps.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Conelrad posted:

Haha yeah. I had plenty of other stimulus guns in mind but when I saw that one pop up I just had to. The other option was one of those hilarious, skirting the ATF, Standard Manufacting S333 .22 MAG Thunderstrucks. It's so dumb it wraps around to being cool. Nothing like a dual barrel, 22 mag, 8 rounds, volley fire revolver!

Maybe next paycheck!

It looks like itíd be good to shoot the investigator trying to determine if youíre a replicant

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

I changed my mind, get this.

Hopefully you're married and can "borrow" your wife's trumbux too.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Loan Dusty Road posted:

Then I found the Ruger American in .17 HMR for $250 out the door. So thatís on the way, in addition to 300 rounds. Need some more mags for my other guns so going to pick up a couple BX-15 mags for this as well. For now I have a Nikon Prostaff shotgun hunter (2-7x, 75yd parallax) which I think will be a good start.

Thatís tapped the wifeís goodwill, and Iím super excited to shoot tiny lasers. But I found out about Boyd stocks and.... well poo poo, Iím going to have to wait but this is going to the top of the list.

Nice! I have the shorter 17HMR model in a more basic Boyds stock and it's really fun. You should get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I just had an epiphany: the internet is useless!

Ultra Carp

Forum Hussy posted:

Years ago I did what legions of children in third world countries manage to not do and made an AK nonfunctional from neglect. I saw it in the back of the safe and since I have funbuxxx I shipped it to a guy who builds custom AKs to unfuck it. He does good work so I have high hopes

How? There's like 5 moving parts

Wifi Toilet posted:

I changed my mind, get this.

Hopefully you're married and can "borrow" your wife's trumbux too.

Love the keymod "flock of penises" handguard

ScrubbingBubbles
Feb 11, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

Love the keymod "flock of penises" handguard

ďThe bone collectorĒ

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

Nice! I have the shorter 17HMR model in a more basic Boyds stock and it's really fun. You should get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Awesome! The one I ordered is the 18" as well. That was just the best picture I could find of the stock I want with a rifle actually in it lol.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

How? There's like 5 moving parts
I shot corrosive ammo through it then left it in the trunk for about 6 months so it filled up with rust and won't chamber a round

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Just got a message from Mark Novak, the gunsmith who does a lot of work for C&Rsenal. Guess who's getting a Model 10 Trench built?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Just got a message from Mark Novak, the gunsmith who does a lot of work for C&Rsenal. Guess who's getting a Model 10 Trench built?

gently caress yeah.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Forum Hussy posted:

I shot corrosive ammo through it then left it in the trunk for about 6 months so it filled up with rust and won't chamber a round

That would do it! good luck with the gunsmith

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

It shipped! It shipped! It shipped, it shipped, it shipped!

Shipshipshipped, shipshipshipped!

Monday is magnum-day!!!!!!1

(Did anyone read that to the tune of anything familiar?)

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Itchy and Scratchy?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Final Blog Entry posted:

Itchy and Scratchy?

Yep.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

I got this neat Rossi 92 with my trumpbux, but these gloves I picked up as well don't seem to fit in the lever...

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Beardless posted:

I got this neat Rossi 92 with my trumpbux, but these gloves I picked up as well don't seem to fit in the lever...

LMAO

Not sure I've seen a big loop lever that does that gauntlet justice...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Beardless posted:

Need a picture of a knight in shining armor holding a lever gun.

Don't bullshit us. Show us the whole suit.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Captain Log posted:

Need a picture of a knight in shining armor holding a lever gun.

Don't bullshit us. Show us the whole suit.

Man, if I afford a full plate harness, I would have gotten something like a tricked out 1873, not a $515 Rossi. The gauntlets are mainly for Hema/ SCA Cut and Thrust purposes, they just look cooler than something like SPES Heavy gloves.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

What caliber is that Rossi?

I had considered getting one in 357, but then I did a bad, bad thing.

Edit: this weekend is going to be the longest weekend in the universe. The bad, bad thing arrives Monday.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 24, 2020

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

tarlibone posted:

What caliber is that Rossi?

I had considered getting one in 357, but then I did a bad, bad thing.

.357. Though it will mainly be firing .38 Special. What did you end up getting lol?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Beardless posted:

Man, if I afford a full plate harness, I would have gotten something like a tricked out 1873, not a $515 Rossi. The gauntlets are mainly for Hema/ SCA Cut and Thrust purposes, they just look cooler than something like SPES Heavy gloves.

I still have my medieval sword fighting gloves with big cuffs. My group of friends back home affectionately referred to them as my, "Darth Vader Grips."

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Beardless posted:

.357. Though it will mainly be firing .38 Special. What did you end up getting lol?

I ended up using my bux on a revolver I seriously don't need and have no practical use for, but I really wanted it.

The Smith & Wesson 629. It's the 6" barrel version. Basically, the Sledge Hammer! gun, except no white grips.

Yet.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I picked up that hellcat that was on sale today. I'm stoked to blast my own dick off

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I still have my medieval sword fighting gloves with big cuffs. My group of friends back home affectionately referred to them as my, "Darth Vader Grips."

I started out wit ha pair of big padded gloves, these ones, which sound more or less like what you're describing, but after being on the receiving end of a good crack across the knuckles from a steel sword, I wanted an upgrade. And the group I fight with requires gauntlets like that or the equivalent for fighting with anything two-handed anyway.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Beardless posted:

I started out wit ha pair of big padded gloves, these ones, which sound more or less like what you're describing, but after being on the receiving end of a good crack across the knuckles from a steel sword, I wanted an upgrade. And the group I fight with requires gauntlets like that or the equivalent for fighting with anything two-handed anyway.

I normally didnít have to worry about steel, thank god. I developed tendinitis in high school from that medieval poo poo.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Is the rossi a full stock gun or is it the old cut down mares leg/ranch hand? And what's the thread's opinion on the merits of having a full stock (obviously good) vs the cut down versions (obv cooler, more fun?)

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

The ranch hands make excellent SBR platforms, that's about the only benefit to them

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

Is the rossi a full stock gun or is it the old cut down mares leg/ranch hand? And what's the thread's opinion on the merits of having a full stock (obviously good) vs the cut down versions (obv cooler, more fun?)

Mine's the full stock. And yeah, I would really only get the mare's leg version if I wanted to SBR it down the road, the 20" carbine is already handy enough.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Poniard posted:

An uberti 1873 repro is around 1200 and I have a bunch of 45lc already

I bought a Taylor's one with the semi pistol grip and 18" barrel. Box thread inbound.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Hmm. It looks like my funbux are going to arrive well after the stuff my funbux are paying for.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

McNally posted:

Hmm. It looks like my funbux are going to arrive well after the stuff my funbux are paying for.

Given your track record with the US government, how could you be surprised?

Repro or antique?

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

madeintaipei posted:

Given your track record with the US government, how could you be surprised?

Repro or antique?

Antiques.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

McNally posted:

Antiques.

Hell yeah, more box threads!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

madeintaipei posted:

Hell yeah, more box threads!

I was thinking about doing an epic box thread with a stupid video and everything. But I don't have any movie making software and I'm not about to buy any.

I do have a dumb script in mind.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

tarlibone posted:

I was thinking about doing an epic box thread with a stupid video and everything. But I don't have any movie making software and I'm not about to buy any.

I do have a dumb script in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gotta wait for my package to arrive. Monday afternoon.

«8 »