Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

For me, it's probably going to be a cz452/455 if I can find the discontinued one I want, some solvent trap kits and tax stamps, maybe another .357 lever gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

Buddy of mine has the CZ 455 with the mannlicher stock, it rules. It's a little small for my frame or I'd hunt around for one. My only rimfires are a crappy old Marlin that only fires every 9th round or so, haven't sorted that, and my great grandpaps Woodsman. I'd love a better .22 rifle for small game around here.

Let me know if he wants to sell it!

Really kicking myself for not completing the order I placed for one in 2018. Would've been about $400 new, shipped to my FFL. I'm resigned to pay a good bit more for a used one now.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

tarlibone posted:

With the exception of #1, I'm not looking for a utility gun. Just a fun gun. I've seen some 357 lever action rifles out there that honestly look like a hoot to shoot, but I'd like to spend less than one kilotrumpbuck on it. Are there any budget-friendly options that don't totally suck for 357 lever rifles? And how well do these handle 38 special?

Your cheapest option will be Rossi. You should be able to find a Rossi M92 (Winchester clone) for around $450-500 shipped. They don't have as nice of fit and finish, and might need a little tweaking to get the action operating more smoothly, but there are lots of resources online for that.

Next step up would probably be a Marlin 1894, if you don't need whiz bang features or get a good deal on a used one, you'd probably be looking at $600-700? Maybe a bit more? I think I paid $1K for mine which is a JM (pre-Freedom Group, more desirable) and it also had an action job done to it. I paid on the high end, but I was helping out a friend and also really wanted it. This was also a few years ago when the supply of 357 levers was kind of dried up and used prices were a little higher.

Mine handles 38 special just fine as long as the OAL is on the normal end. I wouldn't try to feed wadcutters for example.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Action-Bastard posted:

I'm also seeing Henry's in the $700-$800 range. Can get your octagonal barrel fix with that.

Good point I always forget about those because I prefer having a loading gate. I am gonna have to check out their new model.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Mine still isn't showing which is fine by me. I had a kid last year so I'm hoping they process mine after my 2019 tax filing, so I don't miss out on the extra $500.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Dip Viscous posted:

Looks like I'm stuck waiting for a paper check, because the IRS somehow doesn't understand that people that don't get refunds exist.

The form for entering direct deposit information requires you to enter the amount you owed or received as a refund on your last tax return. Neither apply to me. Entering "0" makes the site break. Awesome.

At least you can get in to the site. It keeps telling me that my info doesn't match their records. And neither my address from my 2018 or 2019 filing are current now, so if they mail a paper check it's gonna be a clusterfuck tracking it down.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

I regret not buying a 357 Ranch Hand to SBR when they were available and cheap.

tarlibone posted:

The Rossi 357 carbine has a loading gate, but I hear you have to work on them to get them running reliably. The Henry has no loading gate, but ejects out the side, and is better out of the box.

Decisions are hard. I could also just go crazy with my 10/22, or get a 22 lever gun, or a bolt-action rifle in a proper rifle caliber (whatever that means), or that 45 LC/ACP SA Ruger......

Also this guy named Steve has a website all about the Rossis and sells a DVD explaining how to do an action job as well as lots of spare parts and doodads if you go that route.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

I got a lot less than $1200 back but I got enough to cover a tax stamp...I'll post pics once it's approved.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Beardless posted:

I got this neat Rossi 92 with my trumpbux, but these gloves I picked up as well don't seem to fit in the lever...

LMAO

Not sure I've seen a big loop lever that does that gauntlet justice...

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

TheNothingNew posted:

Does anyone have a reason *not* to get one of these?
Because they look fun and $300 po-surp is honestly the only way I'm going to ever justify buying a Beretta.

I assume they're cheetahs? If so get one! I have a 380 with a 32 conversion barrel and the 32 is fun as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Mine is an 85 (single stack 380) I got an aftermarket threaded 32 barrel and dropped it in. Hasn't been 100% reliable with the 32 ammo, not sure if it's the mags or barrel or ammo or what, but it's more fun to shoot with the 32 barrel. Only got one range trip in before the guns went into storage so wasn't able to further troubleshoot.