Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Ya okay I'll give this a go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

wow right out the gate tons of poo poo happened

Kashuno posted:

##Vote Jen

I was an n0 cop. What cpig failed to tell me until I copped Jen was that if I copped scum they would know I would visited them.
If Kash is lying then we lynch Kash next day, if not we got a scum down, sounds p good to me tbh gonna put my initial vote here

##vote Jen

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

this is a big contrast to my one game where no one was voting for hours, this is very exciting

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

this is your second game ever?

Yeahhh I was in the GBS newbie game right before this lol

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Angelwolf posted:

wraps for lunch? :grin:
im scanning the menu and theres not too much that sounds tasty. perhaps ill order A Sometimes Food with a side of Lumpen (sounds like a potato dish)

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have no idea. I only know they must die

Wait I don't get it, why? Does something good happen if cheese sandwich gets lunched or something?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok I don’t see this working now that everyone has decided to be moral so

I’m a deathproof jester and the only way to remove my deathproof is if cheese sandwich dies

If they haven’t died and I haven’t been executed by day six I lose

I have a day action but I’m not going to use it today

Hm...okay so if cheese sandwich is town there's like literally no upside to lunching cheese right

like we lose a town and in exchange you get to die, and win, so the game ends?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

spacing in vienna posted:

Hey if you were in the gbs newbie game who was your Celebrity Mentor and did they suck?
Somber was my coach and was very cool and helpful :)

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Okay reviewing what happened it looks like Jen actually pointed at Kash first and then Kash said that Jen is scum. Jen posts Kash's role and then Kash backs off his own vote. Seems pretty sketchy for a town cop to just deflate and flop over the moment something like that happens especially after saying that he's pretty sure he's not a paranoid cop or an insane cop (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919481&userid=190650#post504188832). Seems like what is likely is that Jen had the real read, and Kash had no option but to claim something else.

Kashuno posted:

##unvote

Kash why did you unvote Jen? Do you no longer believe in your own cop result?

##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Thinking about it more rolecop is not necessarily a town role either, I was scum rolecop in my last game so lol

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

xiw posted:

The timing is an interesting point but I am less convinced after going and checking because this was all in the first 15 minutes of gameplay and Kash's post was their first in the game.

Here's another scenario that I find pretty plausible:

1. Kash N0 cops Jenx as scum, Jenx is notified that Kash has copped them. At this point they know they're in trouble right from the start and have to go hard. They have a rolecop result on Kash.
2. JenX adds 'traitor' to their rolecop result and starts off the day with an accusation because their only chance is to discredit Kash.
3. Kash is unsure because the rolecop result is partially true, and everyone's primed for weirdness in their own role results given the game.

Yeah that's a fair point actually. Thinking about it deeper, what pinged me was the fact that Kash backed off of JenX so quickly after JenX revealed his role name. I thought that was scummy, but thinking about it more, why would a scum cop back off like that? It doesn't really make sense from a scum perspective to do - they'd probably push their chips in, maintain the vote, and if the other person flips town, then they could say something like 'blahblahblah Bastard game'. I guess someone who's Town could be shaken into doubting themselves and doubting their investigation whereas a scum rolecop would have no reason to show doubt so publicly.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Toal is masons with cheese, who scumclaimed in the masonry
Leith is my mason and n0 copped cheese as scum

this day is already figured out

Didn't Leith deny that he was your mason partner twice? And Toal thought that cheese was a food item and unvoted upon realization that cheese is a cute newbie?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

cheese sandwich posted:

I am neither cute nor a newbie lady/sir

My bad, I was just paraphrasing Toalpaz:

Toalpaz posted:

lol I thought it was a special item too. I will not vote this cute newbie.

##unvote

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

cheese sandwich posted:

maybe. Idk I guess when I went through the post history it didn't jump out as scummy to me but I don't have a strong opinion. when xiw posted this scenario my gut said they were both scum

i'm second guessing maybe. I want more people to post

The thing with the scenario where they're both scum is that I can't see Kash's quick deflation as making sense in that framework...the straightforward path would be them both going hard against each other right?

I guess it could be some next level scum play and Kash's role change after hitting scum would give a good excuse to not hit more scum afterwards, but there's so many people that I don't know if a scum would claim that right away when odds are more in favor of hitting town each night.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Okay so to summarize many people are deciding to vote Lumpen over the warring cops because of him not posting very often, which is meta-indicative of him being scum. I don't really feel one way about it or another...he just feels disengaged to me atm but I've also never played in a game with him before.

Re: amnistar, I was thinking that it's not bad to keep him around because it's not like he's explicitly scum and it looks like his wincon is just to survive, + two shots deathproof. But the longer he's around yeah the more dangerous he becomes to town....but it'll be a shame to waste two days of lynches :( Maybe our best bet is for some vigilante-type to whittle away his deathproofs every night and then we can lynch at our leisure later on.

Xiw's points about Kash being more likely to be town were really good I thought, because thinking about it I don't get why a scum Kash would act so indecisive and back down so quickly. Like it could be that they're both scum but it feels like if that's the case they might as well go all the way with the bussing, unless Kash was purposefully set up to be the sacrificial lamb. The fact that Kash's cop ability expires the moment he hits scum, and his role changes into something else entirely, makes me think that it's more likely than not that he was an actual cop as opposed to a paranoid or insane one.

##unvote

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Angelwolf posted:

Claiming death proof is just asking for a lunch though, right? I'm certainly not a seasoned player but any means, but if he's telling the truth and we vote to lynch him, we don't lose any townies (because he won't die) and we then know he can be trusted. And if he's not death proof then he'd just die a liar.

Or am I completely wrong here because if so please explain

If we lunch Amnistar though we'll lose a day. And since he claimed third party survivor, it's not really to our benefit to trust him in the long term because all he wants is to survive till the end. He doesn't care about whether town wins, scum wins, or some other third party wins.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

xopods posted:

Regarding claims, I dunno. I am thinking about it a bit but I feel like in this setup it's entirely possible that Kash and Jen are both telling the truth and that their alignments could be anything.

For instance, unless Jen and Kash are in cahoots, we know that she's actually some sort of Rolecop cause she knew he was a Compulsive Cryptologist. She says she got "Traitorous Compulsive Cryptologist" though, and he denies the first part.

To me this says she's probably a Paranoid or Insane rolecop who's going to add something to people's role names. Maybe it's always "Traitorous" or maybe it's random. Or, who knows, maybe everyone has a secret modifier to our powers that we don't even know about and it's going to turn out that she determines that.

But especially if it's Paranoid and always adds "Traitorous" that could equally easily be a Scum or a Town role... Scum would want to identify traitors so a paranoid rolecop would cause them to mistakenly believe Townies were on their team. Which is very bastard. Etc.

If they are both telling the truth, then Jen has to be scum right? Unless Kash is also Paranoid or Insane?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hi, just so lazy town and scum can stop talking about Amni, I was serious about murdering him.

I don’t like the lumpen votes. Very easy with no substance behind them.

I'm down for this. Gets rid of one of the deathproofs and it'll prevent a worst case scenario of amni hammering with scum later on.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Unless im mistaken the warring cops seemed to have reached some sort of resolution, though I suspect it was a bit, maybe between two masons?

Yeah it seems that they both decided to go after Lumpen instead, which is weird and somewhat...off-putting. I don't know about these cops. I don't see why two masons would act like this unless they don't have faith in themselves, going after Lumpen seems lazy to me.

Kashuno posted:

##vote Lumpen and nothing of value was lost

Jen X posted:

I wanna kill traitorous kashuno but I will settle for a ##vote Lumpen policy exorcism

^^ like these posts both seem weirdly half-hearted.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

His particularly awkward immediate retreat on jenx, citing the fact that she knew aspects of his role. Kasuno was *explicitly notified* scum would gain knowledge about him if he targeted one

See what I don't get is why a scum Kash would want to act like that. It feels like it would be safer for scum Kash to just keep going instead of backing down. I agree that backing down was weird and awkward, but I don't know if it's specifically scum weird and awkward.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Is Angelwolf one of the newbies, then? Because I thought we had two or three in the game but gently caress if I know, I can't remember why I thought that

Yeah Angelwolf played with me in the GBS newbie game

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

cheese sandwich posted:

You just described a lot more people than just those two
That's fair, I wanted to focus on Kash and Jen in particular because they both claimed cop and seemingly switched to Lumpen for no good reason even though they both supposedly had a scum result on each other.

People who had 'substanceless Lumpen' votes IMO are Pussy Quipped (voted him p early on and didn't give reasons), Flerp (voted bc he wanted to know why killing Lumpen is good?), Amni (third party), Hum (third party), chaoslord (for friend flerp). Everyone else voted Lumpen because they wanted to see Lumpen be more invested in the game, or they had a meta-scum read on him.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Without diving too deep into gauging intent he has, successfully, completely shifted almost all attention away from him. Scum like doing that

Has he though? It feels like he and Jen are still being kicked around as the 'warring cops'. Admittedly there's all this weird Lumpen stuff in between, and there's this Toal and Quid scuffle that I have to look into still, and somehow Hum is involved. But I don't think he's shifted attention away from himself, esp now when he's right behind Lumpen in posts. I feel like Jen has somehow gotten away with even less scrutiny than Kash.

Anyways I think they're both weird and I don't really know how to read them but I am slightly more suspicious of Jen than I am of Kash atm. When it comes to Hum...I'm just gonna treat him like a third party still. I don't want to vote Lumpen because of his claim, I'm not that convinced by meta-reasons that I can't verify, and also I've heard rumors of a 'lumpenlist' and I want to see that in action. I have trouble parsing the Toal and Quid fight so I will have to go back to that.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Lumpen posted:

PQ, Sal, Leith, and chaoslord’s votes on me don’t earn them any extra suspicion, in my opinion. They are not honeypot votes.

JenX, dmboogie, Amnistar, and Toalpaz, I‘m not sure one way or the other.

SiV, Kashuno, xopods, Jeabus, and flerp, all much more suspicious and unsupportable.

Quid’s awkward “non-vote” is the worst. Vote Quid.

Is this the rumored 'lumpenlist'?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

You realize I’ve never voted Lumpen, right?

Ah my bad, yeah you voted Kash. I'll strike you from my LumpenList :)

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I would rather vote Jen than Kash, because Kash claimed to be n0 cop who turns into a cryptologist after hitting scum, and also claimed that Jen is scum. I think his weird backing down doesn't really make sense as a scum move given the circumstances, and I think Jen has somehow flown under the radar despite being similarly sketchy and also backing down off Kash despite her claimed traitor result.

##vote Jen X

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Why should I be voting Flerp? They've been seemingly less involved in the game and they voted themselves, which is....odd in my point of view and I don't know if it's scum weird.

Also, what are the reasons for preferring Kash over Jen?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Oh I thought I just needed to have more posts than the votefinder bot fella :(

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hi, just so lazy town and scum can stop talking about Amni, I was serious about murdering him.

I don’t like the lumpen votes. Very easy with no substance behind them.
Your Personal Muse, did you end up attempting to murder Amni last night?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Leith Maclaine posted:

To be clear,

I got town reads on both N0 and N1 but since it appears Jen and Quid were bussed, the N1 results is meaningless.

What does bussed mean in this context? Does it mean 'switched', since Hum claimed you actually ended up visiting Jen (and presumably getting a town result from her)?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I mean, hum made the oldest play in the book and either caught scum or like really really really bad town.

I don't think town claims cop here, saying 'i visited quid' is enough information to suggest hum is lying/night action shenanigans is happening. Leith made a claim designed to gain our trust based on how useful the role is.

I agree with this. I don't see the need for a cop to fullclaim, especially with another cop dead this morning. It would have been enough to simply say that he visited someone else last night and leave it at that.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Paging through posts yesterday, thinking dmboogie seems comparatively detached. Idk if it's his normal posting style but it seems like he's just popping in with quippy one-liners before peacing out.

There was also this exchange between Spacing in Vienna and dmboogie yesterday that I thought was interesting:

dmboogie posted:

remember that this is a bastard game so kash could be telling the entire truth from his perspective but he's actually a paranoid or insane cop or w/e

Well yes but this seems weird to just toss out. Like you are pre emptively coming up with reasons for Kash to be telling the truth but wrong. So you think jenx is going to flip town?

Given that Kash ended up flipping scum and Jenx ended up flipping town dmboogie's post is a pretty prescient. Granted SIV is a third party roleblocker so it's not like she necessarily has our best interest in mind but it's still a good observation.

Quidthulhu posted:

I directly asked him to explain his night actions and then voted him when he didn't. He was getting some pressure. I'm inclined to believe it I think.
I see what you mean, but it was still just one vote :( It didn't seem like nearly enough pressure to warrant a full claim IMO since it's still early in the game and we just lost a cop. But if Lumpen's claim is true (and I'm still currently inclined to believe it), we do have at least three town backups, so maybe Leith thought that his role would be backed up in case he gets NK'ed despite the claim, and thought also that it was worth clearing two townies.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Yep, because we only have 1 3p in this game.

Uh-huh...

Just...uh...ignore the extra 2 kills last night...

Those were both definately done by town!
Looking at the deaths last night...

JenX was rolecop and lovers with Spacing in Vienna - they both died, presumably because Jen X was killed and lovers die together.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE is pretty interesting. I was looking back at their posts yesterday and they were talking about hitting a 'post limit'.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

cpif is going to kill me if I make more than 15 posts, see you D2

Could it be that SHALASHASKA HAWKE had some bizarre role that...forced them to limit the amount of posts they could make in a given day? That seems like a really crummy role tbh but...could it be that they genuinely got killed because they made more than 15 posts?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Man I'm trying to compile one of them big reads lists but holy crap there's soooo many people in this game

Leith I have a quick q: why did you feel the need to fullclaim cop? It felt like you weren't really under that much pressure considering how you only had one vote on you.

I have a very hard time reading flerp because they seem so erratic. I don't know if it's scum play or town play or just their normal style. PQ, why are you voting flerp?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Thanks for answering my q's PQ and Leith.

Goin through people alphabetically...

A Sometimes Food - not really active but seemed to have actual opinions D1. Barely checked in today though. Null read.

Amnistar - I'm inclined to believe his third party deathproof survivor claim. I think we should whittle away at his deathproofs during the night with whatever killing roles we have then lynch him later on. I don't really want to spend a lynch on him.

Angelwolf - I have to admit Angelwolf seems scummier in this game compared to the other game I played with him in it but this is also like his first D2 ever. The fact that literally everyone else also finds him scummy gives me pause. What if he's just an easy target? I am still leaning scum on him but wary.

b-minus1 - Man only one-liners here. Seems kinda disengaged. Never voted Kash yesterday. Kinda sketched out. Seems to be flying under the radar. Scummy??

chaoslord - Seems to genuinely be thinking about things, looking at their posts they seem to have wheels turning in their brain and all that so imma lean town.

cheese sandwich - Seems townie to me, thinking about things, engaged with the game, has genuine opinions and the on-the-fly thinking makes sense to me.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I was also thinking about this but where did all that anti-Lumpen energy go? While I didn't like the Lumpen vote, it was something that happened D1 that took up a good chunk of discussion and even distracted the warring cops from voting each other (!?) for the rest of the day. Was it purely a joke vote that somehow everyone jumped on? From what I gather he was a policy vote yesterday because a lot of people thought he was meta-scummy. Did all that suddenly go away? It's not like the things that people expect Lumpen to do actually happened, right? No content games, no lumpenlists etc. He was a big deal yesterday but suddenly passed from people's minds today. I don't get it. Where did all that go?

People who I thought were weird about Lumpen:
Quid - had strong suspicions on lumpen D1 that seemingly disappeared today.

Leith - had suspicions on lumpen D1 that also seemingly disappeared today.

chaoslord - okay I know I just said I'm leaning town on this guy but looking at the context around lumpen I don't like how chaoslord just followed flerp into voting lumpen right after lumpen's Universal Backup claim, sorry chaoslord you're back to a null point for me

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Leith Maclaine posted:

You need to play a few games with Lumpen to truly understand the Lumpen policy vote. Lumpen is actually a pretty good player once you get a couple of days in. Those first couple of days however can get really long.

Right but I didn't get the impression that your Lumpen vote yesterday was a policy vote, unless I'm misunderstanding the meaning of 'policy vote'.

Leith Maclaine posted:

4) Lumpen is not being Lumpen. This is raising huge flags. No Content Game. No crazy reads. No Lumpen lists. This is not Lumpen.

Maybe this will bring back the Lumpen we all know.

[b]##vote Lumpen[b]
It sounded like you thought that his behavior yesterday was abnormal compared to normal Lumpen, so you decided to vote for him. I wanted to point out you and Quid for the reasons that out of the group of 'people who have opinions on Lumpen' it seemed like you two were the only ones (other than SIV) who held suspicions of him outside of a policy vote. Granted Quid never actually voted Lumpen but it seemed like Quid was legitimately suspicious of Lumpen because he thought Lumpen had a disingenuous read on him.

I guess my question is just, why is Lumpen no longer in your focus? He's still not doing the actions you described in your post.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

The next set of reads...

dmboogie - I pointed out dmboogie seeming disengaged before. He responded saying that he's just goin' with the flow since it's a bastard game but I still think he's kinda scummy. Also I'm really confused as to why it seems like no one is talking about him at all. I mean it doesn't seem like he's giving opinions on anything, which I think is weird now that stuff has happened. Leaning scum.

flerp - Arghhh I don't get what's happening in flerp's head, I can't read this guy at all. He seems erratic to me with all those votes. But would scum act like that? Maybe not? Is this just his normal playstyle? I need to go back and look at his posts in context to see whether or not he's bandwagon-y. Still, he doesn't seem to be engaged and it doesn't feel like he has much of a stake in anything. Third party?

Jeabus Mahogany - Jeabus has been in my blind spot somehow. Staring at his post history from the game he doesn't seem like the towniest town. But there's nothing in his posts that scream scum to me either. He's been pretty consistently suspicious of xopods throughout the game too because of tone. He seems to be trying...I'm gonna lean town.

Jonathan Fisk - Pretty on the ball with Kash D1, seems like he has his head in the game. He has a strong-opinions-tone during D1 but hasn't done much D2 other than continue his suspicion of hum. I still lean town though because my gutread of his D1 actions is town.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Okay...so this is what the cops claimed:

Dmboogie: n0, Kash, not town. n1, xopods, not town
cheese sandwich: n0, Lumpen, town. n1, quid, not town.
Leith: n0, toal, town. n1, quid, town

So:

Cheese is either insane or sane.
Leith is either naïve, sane, or insane.
Dmboogie is either paranoid, sane, or insane.

What about this plan?

Cheese investigates himself N2. We can figure out whether we should lynch Lumpen or Quid based on his result.

If Cheese is sane, Quid is scum and Leith must be naïve or insane, so Leith should have optimally investigated himself to figure out which one he is.
If Cheese is insane, Quid is town and Leith must be naïve or sane, so Leith should have optimally investigated amni to figure out which one he is.

Dmboogie investigates himself N2. If the result comes back Town then he has to be sane. If the result comes back Not Town then he's either Paranoid or Insane.

Leith - depending on your own read of Quid and whether he's more likely to be scum than Lumpen, you can adjust your N2 investigation accordingly.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Oh there's an angelwolf claim too

angelwolf: n0 hum not town, n1 SIV not town

So angelwolf is either Sane or Paranoid. Angelwolf can self-investigate to confirm which out of the two he is

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Angelwolf's self-vote asking for hammer was pretty bad. The whole 'q: why did you investigate hum n0? a: b/c he was suspicious d1!' also looks bad. But would scum self-vote...? It's a super visible action especially with a bunch of people jumping on him. But as scum he might have figured, 'I'm screwed, let's end the day early so people don't discuss more.'

What mainly gives me pause is that tons and tons of people shaded Angelwolf. I just can't shake the vibes that maybe he's an easy target. In my mafia experience of GBSGame I know that when I was playing scum my team focused in on the easy targets, who said scummy things, voted weirdly, or were inconsistent with their opinions. I still think he's acting scummier this game compared to last game but he also barely played last game....

Angelwolf posted:

My town reads:
Cheese sandwich
Moat
YPM
Curious - what about Moat places them townie for you? I have a hard time reading them and when they come to mind the main thing I remember is an early Miller claim lol

cheese sandwich posted:

A) Do you expect people to investigate themselves and report anything to the thread but town
Yeah. If they're town and all their results turned up Not Town, including themselves, then it feels reasonable for them to say that they must be a Paranoid Cop. And if someone had n0 town n1 scum results, it's useful to confirm what their self-investigation was so that we can get a confirmed town and a confirmed scum out of the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Angelwolf posted:

Hum was, as I've always maintained, weird (in my opinion from what little I have played of Mafia). He jumped on cheese sandwich right at the start and said something cool would happen. At that point, I dont think I quite understood what 'bastard roles' are so it all seemed scummy to me. Getting that result at the start just confirmed to me that he's a bad guy.
I'm staring at this post and....I don't see how the wording makes sense...

The question was, 'Why did you pick these people?'

And Angelwolf said, 'I always thought Hum was weird [D1]. Getting [a n0 Not Town result] just confirmed to me that he's a bad guy'.

I don't see how getting a n0 result would confirm anything that you would know at that point. It could be bad wording but I just can't see why it would be worded like this. Like the chronology is off. If anything, the way Hum acted should confirm the result, not the other way around. 'Getting that result at the start just confirmed to me that he's a bad guy' only makes sense wording-wise if it's referring to the start of D2.

The followup answer here is also weird:

Angelwolf posted:

as to why I picked Hum as my first action - I dont really have a reason other than I had a bunch of people to choose from and I just chose him (I dig the pokemon av)
It reads like Angelwolf thought he had forgotten to answer the question, but I don't believe that he forgot, because he actually did answer the question in the quote above. The question is 'why did you pick hum'? and the answer was, 'I thought Hum was weird, and getting his result confirmed to me that he's bad'.