Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Genius. It WAS written to transmit ideas!

Okay! So, slavery bad, scifi is about winking to the audience, maps are cool, Hogwarts is selective. Does anybody else have anything to add about Thomas More's Utopia? I will change the dates and signal the next book's start later today if nobody else has anything else to add. Thanks for reading everybody!

Sig by Heather Papps

biosterous

be careful how many sheep you have, war is bad except when it's good and it's a good idea to just be the best at it

gallery of sigs

he/him

BoldFrankensteinMir

biosterous posted:

be careful how many sheep you have, war is bad except when it's good and it's a good idea to just be the best at it

Word!

We have officially begun reading The Blazing World! Links are in the OP, discussion is set to start in 2 weeks on the 2nd of June, cool with everybody?

I'm excited to read a book by a princess, though it won't be my first- I read Budgie the Little Helicopter by Sarah, Duchess of York. So good luck Margaret, Duchess of Highcastle, you got big princess shoes to fill.

Sig by Heather Papps

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
The Blazing World is my favorite book of all time, I saw this thread because I clicked on the wrong subforum but I'm so excited now

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Really? Awesome! I just started but I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts afterwards, hopefully the 150 years that elapsed between the last book and this one will help general readability.

Sig by Heather Papps

cda

by Hand Knit
It's definitely very readable though there's a bit that imo drags a little in the middle but it starts and ends strong

cda

by Hand Knit

How Wonderful! posted:

The Blazing World is my favorite book of all time, I saw this thread because I clicked on the wrong subforum but I'm so excited now

Have you read this? https://www.amazon.com/Margaret-First-Novel-Danielle-Dutton/dp/1936787350

I really liked it. It is a very understated book that does a wonderful job of imagining a plausible personality for Cavendish. Without making a big fuss it has a lot to say about gender politics, genius, and the relationship between the natural and political worlds. Some readers think that not enough happens but I personally enjoy narrative minimalism a lot so that didn't bother me. Real life is a lot more texture than plot.

BoldFrankensteinMir

How Wonderful!, as a connoiseur, do you have a particular e-reader or cheap print source for The Blazing World you could recommend? Or any links you think might be good ancillary materials for readers? If so I will gladly add them to the OP.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Discussion date has been moved to Saturday June 6 by popular demand! Me, I wanted an extra few days to finish this awesome book, I'm the demand.

Sig by Heather Papps

biosterous

hi it's your boy "forgot about the book again"! i might make it in time or i might not!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Good mungo, my orbs! I have moved the schedule forward to discussion of The Blazing World, because I know we have a few posters who already have things they want to say about it. My sincere apologies, I did not have time to read it, my last two weeks have been a labyrinthine roller coaster hedge maze royale and I got like 10 pages in total, so I will sit this one out and read it another time. C'est la vie.

This is now a spoilers ok zone for The Blazing World! See you guys next Monday, I look forward to trying again!

Sig by Heather Papps