Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Welcome to USPol General, Spring of 2020 edition. This is the thread for discussing the US news and politics in general. I am, inexplicably, the thread IK.

Thread rules:
All standard D&D rules apply. In addition,
---The US General Election, the candidates therein, and debates about who to vote for have their own thread here, so that discussion of them doesn't completely drown out everything else.

---Posting about gun control was long relegated to it's own thread because of the toxicity surrounding the issue. Posting about guns and gun control is now allowed in this thread, but make a special effort to post well; poor gun posting carries heavier penalties than normal. In particular don't call other goons violent psychopaths because they own guns, and don't call other goons cowardly victims-to-be because they don't own guns. There is also a dedicated gun control thread.

---Try to stay on topic. Goons love to post about food and video games in every thread, but unless it's related to US politics, try to keep it to a minimum. This thread also sometimes has lengthy discussions of minutiae that is tangentially related to US politics, like obesity and food policy or vaping health risks and regulations. These are allowed and, if you have any particular expertise, effortposts on these topics are encouraged.

---Don't post lovely political opinions from random unimportant people without commentary. That sort of thing belongs in the Right Wing Media thread or Conservative Email Forwards/Facebook Posts thread.

---Glee about mass death is discouraged, even if it's mass death of Trump voters.

---Do not challenge other users to toxx. If you do so, you will automatically be toxxed to the opposite outcome, regardless of if the challenge is accepted.

---Reminder that if you do not wish to read a particular poster's posts anymore, you can always use the ignore function.

Other USPol Related Threads
---GOONPAC Activism Thread
---The State/Local Politics Thread
---The SCOTUS Thread
---Political Cartoons

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Our safe word is DuckTales

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

trump

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

TRUMO

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I should try to get into some Ducktales. All I know is the NES game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
New DuckTales show is surprisingly good.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
The Federal government is stockpiling PPE and supplies that should go to the states so that the Trump clan can retreat to one of the government mountain fortresses and become Immortan Trumps post-collapse

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Willo567 posted:

Oh and ducks have tails. I get it now.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Willo567 posted:

Old shows are fun from what I remember. New ones are pretty good too albeit a complete shift from the old

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I legit lol every day, every loving day, that Trump is the president.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

Definitely this

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Willo567 posted:

i never did quite beat the nes game, mostly because i am unfathomably bad at platformers

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Qanon Ducktales crossover is getting weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Willo567 posted:

the story of ducktales basically involves carl barks just going loving crazy with poo poo in the 40s and then disney running with it to make a tv cartoon in the 80s

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Someone please convince me that finishing my MPA is worth it in this hell country.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Willo567 posted:

The show was really good as a kid.

Darkwing Duck was fantastic. I also loved Tailspin as well, which was Junglebook characters flying planes and air pirates in the 1920-30s, and that sounds like a Fever dream but it's real.

I don't think we have to worry about Trump in the long run, as it seems his endgame plan is to escape to the Moon

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 8, 2020

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

jet sanchEz posted:

I legit lol every day, every loving day, that Trump is the president.

As do I, but it’s like the kind of laugh a movie character does when they’ve held it together through a series of catastrophes, then they go to brush their teeth and squirt way, way too much toothpaste on the brush, and just look down at it and start uncontrollably laughing like a lunatic until it dissolves into heaving sobs and maybe punching out the mirror.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Can we just launch all politicians to the moon and leave them there?

It'd be the highest ratings of anything ever if it was broadcast.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

TulliusCicero posted:

The show was really good as a kid.

Darkwing Duck was fantastic. I also loved Tailspin as well, which was Junglebook characters flying planes and air pirates in the 1920-30s, and that sounds like. Fever dream but it's real.

Getting in on the ground floor to say my chud coworker is confident he will be able to go to church on Sunday.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Morning folks!

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1247601683414343688?s=21

America is a failed state!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Donald Trump murdered John Prine.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Framboise posted:

Can we just launch all politicians to the moon and leave them there?

It'd be the highest ratings of anything ever if it was broadcast.

Bang zoom straight to the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkhhLC1tf8

One of the greatest pieces of chiptune music.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

As a person who watched the original a billion times, gently caress yes it is

The references to Talespin, Gummi Bears, and inclusion of Darkwing really hit the right buttons. Plus it's legit funny.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Can't wait for like...2030 when this footage is used on *rolls die* OANN as proof of *spins wheel* President AOC's failed policies.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

skylined! posted:

Someone please convince me that finishing my MPA is worth it in this hell country.

I got an MPP a few years ago and the only thing it's been worth is six figures of loan debt.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Bang zoom straight to the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkhhLC1tf8

One of the greatest pieces of chiptune music.

I had that song in mind when making that previous post.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Getting in on the ground floor to say my chud coworker is confident he will be able to go to church on Sunday.

i'm really, really hoping hardly any churches do this poo poo

at least my mother's is firmly doing online

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

skylined! posted:

Masters in public administration? Hell yeah after Trump is done government agencies are going to be looking for anybody who can fill in the blanks on an Excel spreadsheet. With a masters you could probably become head of fema

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
From the archives...

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/846584836517179392

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

That drat time-traveling, metaversal eternal president Barack Obama

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thread title is pleasant for the first time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
if you do like Ducktales, I would recommend Don Rosa's graphic novel The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck and some of hi and Carl Banks' other work that led to DuckTales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_and_Times_of_Scrooge_McDuck

you can get a digital copy so no need to worry about the rona

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
It's all about Apple & Onion in 2020

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Why do the Republicans keep on saying that Obama was in charge when it was at least a few years before he was president?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
https://www.clarionledger.com/story...TDwlFHlqegUEqWU

Doc at UMMC in Mississippi showing how to make a $100 ventilator with a garden hose, lamp timer and electric valve because that's the hellworld we live in.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Testekill posted:

Why do the Republicans keep on saying that Obama was in charge when it was at least a few years before he was president?

Because they have a need to claim every bad thing ever was his fault.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

Every one of them is a liar, an idiot, or both

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1247540886885543936?s=19

Christ Almighty we're hosed

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

arnt like 15 million unemployed and many of them probably permentantly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's like my own personal Hell

...gently caress have I been dead since 2015? :ohdear: