Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nah. it is though extreamly boring and unfunny though. his show is basicaly bad/boring public radio and him being the only host is dumb. if he had any brains he would have someone be the main host and he would be the co-host/guest type deal. but i am putting more thought into this than they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

That drat time-traveling, metaversal eternal president Barack Obama

Time-Traveling Obama is a really great username.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1247716157022404610?s=19

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Boogalo posted:

Bang zoom straight to the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkhhLC1tf8

One of the greatest pieces of chiptune music.
As of season 2 of the new series, not only does that song now have lyrics, it's essentially the theme for a main character and plot-relevant.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

his brain is pudding and so are the brains of all of his staff

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gotta keep that kill quota up or else some loving nutty literal zealot will go on a spree or some evangelical wont send you as big a check.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
BEWARE, AND ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER, AS THE LEVERS OF POWER HAVE COME (tax)!

https://i.imgur.com/aCjblYF.mp4

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I used to think that the idea that countless people couldn't handle that they 'put a loving n*****' in the White House was utterly insane and propaganda. Yeah there were plenty who didn't like his politics, felt he was fake, etc, points that at least had SOME sort of validity, but surely the concept of "RAGE AT THE UPPITY NEGRO' was only the product of the rarest and most broken minds dying in the dust bins of history. Now? I'm honestly surprised the Civil Rights movement happened at all. When racism gets ingrained, it really does replace blood and air, doesn't it?

Ironically, Trump isn't one of them. He just can't get over Obama making fun of him at that Correspondent's dinner years ago. In a thousand years he's still going to be making his blood sacrifices wear the mask of the Vile Failure O'bernfailpresident while talking about what a failure he was.

(Normally I'd picked some different words for 'failure', but Trump ain't that creative)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

I used to think that the idea that countless people couldn't handle that they 'put a loving n*****' in the White House was utterly insane and propaganda. Yeah there were plenty who didn't like his politics, felt he was fake, etc, points that at least had SOME sort of validity, but surely the concept of "RAGE AT THE UPPITY NEGRO' was only the product of the rarest and most broken minds dying in the dust bins of history. Now? I'm honestly surprised the Civil Rights movement happened at all. When racism gets ingrained, it really does replace blood and air, doesn't it?

Ironically, Trump isn't one of them. He just can't get over Obama making fun of him at that Correspondent's dinner years ago. In a thousand years he's still going to be making his blood sacrifices wear the mask of the Vile Failure O'bernfailpresident while talking about what a failure he was.

(Normally I'd picked some different words for 'failure', but Trump ain't that creative)

i mean yeah and no. trump is one of those assholes. i mean he wanted a bunch of innocent kids lynched and his dad was a giant klansmen and other racist poo poo. he hated obama long before that speech and was one of the big proponents of "kenya birthism" poo poo.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Can I take a moment to complain about Trump's order to reject any attempt to block the construction of mines on the moon from the end of the last thread? Because despite what scifi authors like to talk about, the moon's composition makes it a pretty bad choice for space mining. Most wannabe space miners look more to asteroids where there's a good selection of metallic ones that are easier to get to with way more payoff.

I know it's because some idiot got a bug up their butt and Trump saw a chance to look like a strong man again, but the depths of stupidity from this administration is weird.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

She never said he was "President Obama" when he rushed off to golf.

Maybe freshman Illinois State Senator Barack Obama did rush off to golf after Pearl was beheaded.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

There are times when I legit wish Jon Stewart had waited just one more year to retire from the Daily Show. Him playing clips of Trump being a dipshit and calling him Fuckface von Clownstick 4 nights a week for the entire election cycle might have really stuck with--oh who am I kidding, the people who need the reminder that Trump is irreconcilably stupid and evil have 3-second memories and don't vote anyway so who cares.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't think we have to worry about Trump in the long run, as it seems his endgame plan is to escape to the Moon

We can't let him go into space, it's the one place not corrupted by capitalism!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Masters in public administration? Hell yeah after Trump is done government agencies are going to be looking for anybody who can fill in the blanks on an Excel spreadsheet. With a masters you could probably become head of fema

Hell yeah cant wait to be in charge of hurricane season cleanup in the era of climate change.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

BonoMan posted:

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...TDwlFHlqegUEqWU

Doc at UMMC in Mississippi showing how to make a $100 ventilator with a garden hose, lamp timer and electric valve because that's the hellworld we live in.

My parents have always told me that if they ever required emergency medical treatment that I was to take them there and I am of the same opinion.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Testekill posted:

Why do the Republicans keep on saying that Obama was in charge when it was at least a few years before he was president?

DukeDuke posted:

Because they have a need to claim every bad thing ever was his fault.

Hey, that's not fair...

quote:

Poll: Louisiana GOPers Unsure If Katrina Response Was Obama’s Fault

A significant chunk of Louisiana Republicans evidently believe that President Barack Obama is to blame for the poor response to the hurricane that ravaged their state more than three years before he took office.

Twenty-eight percent said they think former President George W. Bush, who was in office at the time, was more responsible for the poor federal response while 29 percent said Obama, who was still a freshman U.S. Senator when the storm battered the Gulf Coast in 2005, was more responsible. Nearly half of Louisiana Republicans — 44 percent — said they aren’t sure who to blame.

Never mind.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1247707885536268291

Trump is going to declare victory prematurely and urge businesses to reopen and thousands more people are going to die as a result.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1247658663617138691

https://twitter.com/elizabeth_joh/status/1247622532951420929

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1247686904784576513

edit - sniped

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/1247702011744849920

Jesus Christ.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

There are times when I legit wish Jon Stewart had waited just one more year to retire from the Daily Show. Him playing clips of Trump being a dipshit and calling him Fuckface von Clownstick 4 nights a week for the entire election cycle might have really stuck with--oh who am I kidding, the people who need the reminder that Trump is irreconcilably stupid and evil have 3-second memories and don't vote anyway so who cares.

why do you hate the youth of America

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DaveWoo posted:

Trump is going to declare victory prematurely and urge businesses to reopen and thousands more people are going to die as a result.

Most of the state governors who hate him don't give a poo poo what he or Fox News says

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

It's like my own personal Hell

...gently caress have I been dead since 2015? :ohdear:

Fun personal note, in 2008 I had a "oh that could have been bad" accident during a rafting trip my high school made my class go on before graduation. I got throw hard from the raft, hopefully amusingly flew through the air and went top of the head first into a stone railroad bridge pillar. My helmet meant that I was just knocked out for a few seconds and I made it out of the nasty spin cycle before it drowned me. My running joke through the recession and everything that followed that I died and wound up in limbo or hell is getting worryingly real.

nine-gear crow posted:

During an interview with Colbert, he described himself as an expert turd miner who retired right before the Armageddon poo poo asteroid showed up. Then again, seeing the content he's put out since then, especially that embarrassing new movie trailer, and we're probably better off.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1247716052403916801?s=19

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Kushner did say that these resources are not for the States after all.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Joe Biden podcast versus Trump rona presser... Both intolerable in their own ways.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Testekill posted:

Why do the Republicans keep on saying that Obama was in charge when it was at least a few years before he was president?

Because they face zero political consequences for their lies or their bad faith.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Is this the Ducktails thread?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Slowpoke! posted:

You wish

...:smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Because they face zero political consequences for their lies or their bad faith.

Hey, being handily re-elected and in larger numbers is a political consequence if you look at the term "consequence" objectively.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Random Stranger posted:

Can I take a moment to complain about Trump's order to reject any attempt to block the construction of mines on the moon from the end of the last thread? Because despite what scifi authors like to talk about, the moon's composition makes it a pretty bad choice for space mining. Most wannabe space miners look more to asteroids where there's a good selection of metallic ones that are easier to get to with way more payoff.

I know it's because some idiot got a bug up their butt and Trump saw a chance to look like a strong man again, but the depths of stupidity from this administration is weird.

Someone probably phrased it to Trump as mining the moon and carving his likeness into it like a giant Mount Rushmore and everyone on earth will have to look at it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

TulliusCicero posted:

You wish

...:smith:

I mean d-d-d-danger lurks behind you, it’s just that it’s the indefatigability of the system grinding you into paste and not flintheart glomgold and the beagle boys

SocketWrench posted:

Someone probably phrased it to Trump as mining the moon and carving his likeness into it like a giant Mount Rushmore and everyone on earth will have to look at it

Mare trumpquility

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hey, that's not fair...

Never mind.

Any time someone says the deep south isn't stupid hillbilly idiots like the stereotypes proclaim, shove this right back at them because holy gently caress that's a lot of dumb people

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slowpoke! posted:

No-Heart DumbGold

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Any time someone says the deep south isn't stupid hillbilly idiots like the stereotypes proclaim, shove this right back at them because holy gently caress that's a lot of dumb people

There are stupid idiots in literally every state, the south has no monopoly on that despite what you’d love to think

Especially when you start thinking about what’s been done to education in many of these places....

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

mediaphage posted:

There are stupid idiots in literally every state, the south has no monopoly on that despite what you’d love to think

Especially when you start thinking about what’s been done to education in many of these places....

73% aren't sure who to blame or that it's Obama's fault. That's a whopping load of stupidity.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Stupidity or racism. The why is different (sometimes), the end result is not.

DaveWoo posted:

Goes well with the attempts to suppress the actual numbers of infections and fatalities.

The only numbers I can find right now for today are unbelievably low.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

73% aren't sure who to blame or that it's Obama's fault. That's a whopping load of stupidity.

why does this forum think that polls are terrible for politics but this survey is totally legit and not at all being used to make a point hmm just wait, the answer will come to me

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Taerkar posted:

Stupidity or racism. The why is different (sometimes), the end result is not.

Goes well with the attempts to suppress the actual numbers of infections and fatalities.

The only numbers I can find right now for today are unbelievably low.

I'm seeing 2k dead today, but a lot of tracking popped over to tomorrow already.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

mediaphage posted:

why does this forum think that polls are terrible for politics but this survey is totally legit and not at all being used to make a point hmm just wait, the answer will come to me

I'm the only one making this argument, not the forums. I also do not believe polls are terrible for politics, just that currently they are trash because the country is being ravaged by a pandemic that will kill off a lot of the olds that were guaranteed republican votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I haven’t heard much talk about Puerto Rico and what if anything we will do to support them.

(Lol oh wait)

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 8, 2020